Skip to main content

Topic: Bindings...please fix (Read 255 times) previous topic - next topic

Bindings...please fix
Super short and sweet...Can you please give us the ability to bind shift and alt?  FFS.  Thanks.  Those are both on your left hand and take 2 easy to access buttons away as options for binds...makes no sense.
  • Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:29:16 pm by beretta7

Re: Bindings...please fix
Reply #1
You can bind shift or alt + any other key as a second binding while your waiting if that helps e.g. q is fireball and shift q is magma and alt q is inferno.
Asgrim Blackforge
Epoch

Reply #2
You can bind shift or alt + any other key as a second binding while your waiting if that helps e.g. q is fireball and shift q is magma and alt q is inferno.

Yep I noticed you can do that but I use shift for parry so having to use a second key on parry makes it a bit tough.  Just really suprised they overlooked something rather simple.

Reply #3
Actually add a third button that needs to be bindable...left ctrl.  So left-shift, alt and control are not bindable.  lol.  I thought you all played this game?  :)  It's alpha so I hope that was not intended and an oversight.  Thanks for fixing ASAP!

Reply #4
The issue is in the framework of Darkfall, we need to improve it drastically to allow better binding of modifier keys.
But it is on the list.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #5
Actually add a third button that needs to be bindable...left ctrl.  So left-shift, alt and control are not bindable.  lol.  I thought you all played this game?  :)  It's alpha so I hope that was not intended and an oversight.  Thanks for fixing ASAP!
Left shift is bindable......I use Shift-1 thru 4 to hotselect my hotbars

• 45s
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
A workaround to bind such keys at the time is to edit the settings file directly and replace it by hand. To do this:

1. Turn off Darkfall.
2. Open darkfall appdata folder: Start > Run > %appdata%\DarkfallNewDawn\Character\0\
3. In the appdata folder there will be another folder named with your character number. Open it.
4. In it you will see 3 files. You want to first make a copy of input_persistence.xml and save it somewhere for backup.
5. Open input_persitence.xml with notepad.
6. Find the binding you are after. In case of parry look for (Ctrl+F) "a_Parry". You will find the following line:

<binding122>
      <Name Value="a_Parry"/>
      <Binding Value="BUTTON_1"/>
    </binding122>

Change it to LEFT_SHIFT, like this:

<binding122>
      <Name Value="a_Parry"/>
      <Binding Value="LEFT_SHIFT"/>
    </binding122>

Save the file. Start Darkfall. Left Shift will be bound to parry. You can do same with LEFT_ALT.
  • Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 10:22:51 pm by 45s
ALL your concerns will be 100% fixed in DnD.