Skip to main content

Topic: Banned for using a macro and afk? (Read 1300 times) previous topic - next topic

Banned for using a macro and afk?
Title says it all.. Will we be banned from indev or beta/launch if we want to be afk and macro a spell or harvest?
  • Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:59:49 am by Rosco

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Banned for using a macro and afk?
Reply #1
Afk macroing/harvesting should never be a ban able offense. Sorry but if you have players inclined or tempted to do this then you have a broken game. It means meditation isn't scaled correctly and resources are too difficult to come by. I personally encourage letting people afk macro/harvest because the grind will keep people playing longer and give those who have families and full time jobs a chance to make a little income while half ass afk hitting a node while they play Legos with their kids
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #2
We actually agree on the sentiment: if the game allows/encourages macroing, then it is flawed.
Of course, we would prefer if you tried to play normally, at least this early, to provide feedback on the leveling speed.

Afk harvesting is fine too, go play lego with your kids.

In not too long, features to solve both these issues will be implemented, and we will be able to appreciate a better game.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #3
Not sure how you afk harvest other than click once, walk away and then come back later to move onto the next node?

Bots, on the other hand (where the toon is programmed to move between nodes on its own) should be banned.

Reply #4
Not sure how you afk harvest other than click once, walk away and then come back later to move onto the next node?

Bots, on the other hand (where the toon is programmed to move between nodes on its own) should be banned.

I remember back in DFO Dom Ux showing me a macro he made that allowed him to go AFK for as long as he liked that moved his character harvesting from node to node and changing tool once it had broken.

Reply #5
We actually agree on the sentiment: if the game allows/encourages macroing, then it is flawed.
Of course, we would prefer if you tried to play normally, at least this early, to provide feedback on the leveling speed.

In not too long, features to solve both these issues will be implemented, and we will be able to appreciate a better game.

Awesome!!  Afk harvesting and having kids is all I can do on some days :)

Reply #6

Yes, you can setup a macro to click on a node, and rest when done.. But you do need to move to the next node...

Reply #7

I remember back in DFO Dom Ux showing me a macro he made that allowed him to go AFK for as long as he liked that moved his character harvesting from node to node and changing tool once it had broken.

I played with Dom - it was a 3rd partyprogram with pxl-detection and ofc - there is only one way for that.
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8

Awesome!!  Afk harvesting and having kids is all I can do on some days :)
I've just been able to play Legos with my kid during the day and watch movies at night with my wife while semi afk harvesting. I get maybe 1-2 hours to myself to go kill zombies before I set a heal self macro before bed. Don't know where to report skill/stat gains but it took me about 6 sickles to get to 50 herb gathering and 25 wisdom.
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• 45s
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
It's not too complicated to make a macro that travels around a set path and harvests node, moves on if a node is tapped, rests when out of stam and equips a new tool as soon as one breaks and even changes its set times to accommodate for eventually becoming overburdened. These existed in DF1. Unless DND is changing something to combat this kind of like UO's "captcha" to combat botting harvesters I sure hope they have a good GM team to monitor it.

While what you say is possible and has been done, it is far from "not too complicated", especially in a game with mechanics like DF. Even a competent dev will take at least a week (~40hours) to get even a basically working prototype. Even more hours to adapt it and make it semi-error free.
ALL your concerns will be 100% fixed in DnD.

Reply #10
It's not too complicated to make a macro that travels around a set path and harvests node, moves on if a node is tapped, rests when out of stam and equips a new tool as soon as one breaks and even changes its set times to accommodate for eventually becoming overburdened. These existed in DF1. Unless DND is changing something to combat this kind of like UO's "captcha" to combat botting harvesters I sure hope they have a good GM team to monitor it.

Well if bots become common I'll just stop gathering and go bot hunting when I need mats. :)

Reply #11
Devs, my question is:

Is macroing allowed? like using AutoIT to make your character keep casting spells to increase skills and stats?
Alfar Resistance Movement [ARM]

Reply #12
If we find you, we'll kick you. We would prefer you play the game normally to get feedback to improve it.
Macroing won't be possible for very long so now is the time to comment on how leveling legit feels and how fast it is.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #13
Feels way too fast without even taking into consideration meditation. Not satisfying at all for a live server, but on in a beta where many of us won't go all in and where feedback is necessary, its understandable.

• 45s
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Feels way too fast without even taking into consideration meditation. Not satisfying at all for a live server, but on in a beta where many of us won't go all in and where feedback is necessary, its understandable.

This. Anything faster than current rates at release would kind of make everyone reach "done" characters in a few months.
ALL your concerns will be 100% fixed in DnD.