Skip to main content

Topic: Change free Loot Bags for new players to 2nd or 3rd quest reward. (Read 278 times) previous topic - next topic

• 45s
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Change free Loot Bags for new players to 2nd or 3rd quest reward.
Change the free loot bags you now get to 2nd or 3rd quest reward. Otherwise this system is prone to abuse. There should be a required active effort to play the game for 15-20minutes until you can get this free loot.
ALL your concerns will be 100% fixed in DnD.

Re: Change free Loot Bags for new players to 2nd or 3rd quest reward.
Reply #1
How is it free if it's a quest reward ?
What kind of abuse ?

• 45s
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
How is it free if it's a quest reward ?
What kind of abuse ?

Currently if you make a new char, whenver you enter the game you have 5bags (2x bags with cloth gear set, 2x bags with some robes and 50x of each reagent).

You can make hundred of accounts and loot the bags. The regs make it a worthy time investment (1-2min per account) for 50x of each reagent.

My suggestion is to make these bags a quest reward instead, so you have to invest 10-15mins of actual playing time to get these rewards. This will make it not time worthy.
  • Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 01:27:08 am by 45s

Reply #3
I didn't get any loot bags when I made my character are they in the players bank?

Reply #4
It was up just for a day as a test to see if we could do it for eventual events, like a battle royal. A first preparatory step for balance betas.
But the quest idea is good, or we could simply add a cooldown to character deletion.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

• 45s
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
It was up just for a day as a test to see if we could do it for eventual events, like a battle royal. A first preparatory step for balance betas.
But the quest idea is good, or we could simply add a cooldown to character deletion.

There is already a cooldown, that does not prevent someone from making new accounts though. Of course if you will require something like credit-card attachment to account before account is active, then it will not be such a problem.