Skip to main content

Poll

What will Ub3rgames do for the game's one-year anniversary?

• Deliver a Jesus patch
    11 (14.9%)
  • Shut down the servers
    22 (29.7%)
  • Continue the silent agony (do nothing)
    41 (55.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Topic: Anniversary (Read 3626 times) previous topic - next topic

Anniversary
One-year anniversary since launch is closing in.
Game was set to launch on 26th of January, in reality it launched on 27th. Since both of those dates fall on weekend this year, combined with the fact Ub3rgames was often late with their patches... if anything comes I'd sooner expect it a few days after that.

So, what do you think, what, if anything will happen for the anniversary?
  • Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 11:39:36 am by Wyverex

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Re: Anniversary
Reply #1
No matter what, it's better that the game is online even with no more updates than it shutting down.

Do you realize how much we all went through just to get this game back online?
.. I might not be playing right now and Ubergames might not be working on it right now the way they used to, but that doesn't mean we don't all appreciate everything that HAS been done. People just need a break. Now with the lawsuit. That bureaucracy takes a long time, so let them deal with it in the best way they can. Even if that is -seemingly- doing nothing. 

We all should give Ubergames the benefit of the doubt. They have always treated us very well and communicated a lot.
I have no doubt in my mind that they're doing the best they can.

Reply #2
6 months of ignoring community is something I wouldn't call "best they can".
And it could possibly be better for the community for the server to shut down so they have closure...

Reply #3
No matter what, it's better that the game is online even with no more updates than it shutting down.

.. I might not be playing right now and Ubergames might not be working on it right now the way they used to, but that doesn't mean we don't all appreciate everything that HAS been done. People just need a break. Now with the lawsuit. That bureaucracy takes a long time, so let them deal with it in the best way they can. Even if that is -seemingly- doing nothing. 

We all should give Ubergames the benefit of the doubt. They have always treated us very well and communicated a lot.
"People just need a break."
"Now with the lawsuit"
"and communicated a lot. "

Loved the design ideas, tried to support them on things they did right and trashed them on things they did wrong. But nobody needed a break, they were slapped with a "sell that pile of stuff over there" liquidation order for not paying their Bill's and instead of communicating what was going on  to keep the population  steady  they went silent, killing the game. I still have a email from Ub3rgames apologizing for the lack of communication in 2017.....

Bumped ND to a non-playable backup pc to pay taxes in case someone wants the clans housing when funds run out to pay taxes. But I doubt the server goes past Jan 29
  • Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:35:54 pm by Ivar_theBoneless

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
wow, iam the only one voting for jesus patch. you guys are a bunch of negative beings.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #5
im just here for the "told you so's"
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #6
wow, iam the only one voting for jesus patch. you guys are a bunch of negative beings.
Just realistic, if they haven't said anything in 6 months theres nothing worth saying, thats the scary part.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #7
Continue the silent agony (do nothing), finally Shut down the servers within a year (Marc needs a paycheck at some point) but don't really feel comfortable saying when. No Jesus patch, ever.

Aren't there sites where people can create their own bets? Would be quite interesting to bet on this shit, either on specific month or this exact poll. I think BetOfBitcoin had this a few years back.

@CeliahAiley damn man you got a serious avatar.
  • Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 05:17:21 pm by makaveli
Regards,
Kretyns()

Reply #8
You know Marc will pull the plug any time now and pretend like it never happened.

Reply #9
The sad thing is, that if all the people that are just sitting around waiting for the patch started playing actively we could still have a lot of fun, I mean the game is free anyway. 

Reply #10
The sad thing is, that if all the people that are just sitting around waiting for the patch started playing actively we could still have a lot of fun, I mean the game is free anyway. 
For me, New Dawn was the best Darkfall. Promise of racial wars combined with local banking sounded amazing. Sadly, it did not play out like that...

Small scale fights over VCPs were often fun, but after a while they too become repetitive and boring.
People wanted more (and nobody in their right mind can blame them), people wanted what was promised.
And I'd say the community was more than patient...

So, while there is some truth in your saying "we could still have a lot of fun", I'm not sure it'd last, as we'd once again be in the same boat of same old, same old.

Reply #11
 I loved this game and played it a lot.
Unfortunately the "developers" are completely inept and arrogant.
I have no faith whatsoever that we will ever see an update and I am surprised the servers are still on.
Thus I must be a cat.
And they should keep the servers OFF since it gives people the impression that the game is still being run.

Reply #12

They treated the community well until about July of last year unto which they completely evaporated and never patched the game again.

Reply #13

There cant be very many. Im not sure a small patch is going to bring back anyone. After being ignored and not getting RACIAL WARFRONTS ever and then being ignored more, no one wants to put the time into the game required. Its sad but DFUW was booming compared to this before the shutdown.

Reply #14
For me, New Dawn was the best Darkfall.

It was also the fastest to fail and had the lowest player count of every iteration.

Shit game.