Skip to main content

Poll

What will Ub3rgames do for the game's one-year anniversary?

• Deliver a Jesus patch
    11 (14.9%)
  • Shut down the servers
    22 (29.7%)
  • Continue the silent agony (do nothing)
    41 (55.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Topic: Anniversary (Read 3655 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Anniversary
Reply #15
No matter what, it's better that the game is online even with no more updates than it shutting down.

Do you realize how much we all went through just to get this game back online?
.. I might not be playing right now and Ubergames might not be working on it right now the way they used to, but that doesn't mean we don't all appreciate everything that HAS been done. People just need a break. Now with the lawsuit. That bureaucracy takes a long time, so let them deal with it in the best way they can. Even if that is -seemingly- doing nothing. 

We all should give Ubergames the benefit of the doubt. They have always treated us very well and communicated a lot.
I have no doubt in my mind that they're doing the best they can.

What? I certainly hope you are joking.

I don't call going dark for months on end + ignoring the players as "good treatment" on their part.  They knew (Or should have known) coming into trying to revive DF that the community is rather... "special".  You don't stop communicating with the greater community because a few rotten eggs say mean things.

They started out strong with a solid direction then threw it all away with poor implementation.  They designed how they thought people would play the game on paper and didn't know how to react or what to do when their designs ended up having massive problems come launch day.  I stopped after 2 weeks knowing this game would die.

The game is already dead.  It doesn't matter if the server is online or not at this point. Hell even the total fanboy segment of the playerbase has abandoned them. 

• Otis
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
i didnt see much of the design ideas presented on paper actually making it into the game. Launch should have never occurred, but I guess they were desperate for funds?? 

Reply #17
i didnt see much of the design ideas presented on paper actually making it into the game. Launch should have never occurred, but I guess they were desperate for funds?? 

I think they just set a launch date and underestimated how much time it would take to implement things.

Reply #18
I think the rumors that stirred 2 months after launch were true or close to the truth
Ub3r failing to pay bills
Failing to pay employees

Several months later liquidation public records hit the web.

After that more rumors of the same source stirred about bankruptcy, all employees let go, servers running until contact is up.

Meanwhile Marc said October patch, early next week, soon, then absolute silence.

Seems Marc never found a way out of the hole he dug from business mistakes.

while part of me wants to have sympathy for Marc, i struggle.

No Jesus patch could save New Dawn.
It would take Marc being funded by a rich Uncle and have a full development team to completely redo the game into the vision they originally sold with nothing less of features. Along with graphic overhaul, dynamic lighting, weather, etc.
Anything less, and most people wouldnt touch it. Ub3r has ruined their reputation.

But that is a fairy tale. So move on. New Dawn is dead because ub3r's arrogance. They chose what to "work" on. They chose to develop a lengthy and delayed npe while end game content was stale and boring. Allowing the entire game to stagnate.
85% /s

Reply #19
while part of me wants to have sympathy for Marc, i struggle.

I felt the same way initially, but the arrogant silence makes him seem more childish and disillusioned with the direction of the game and his company than ever before. It's been months since we got any real honesty about the state of the game and company that many of us supported through significant extents of both time and money. Seems pretty disrespectful to all New Dawn players: past, present, and potential - because let's not forget they're still selling this shit... https://darkfallnewdawn.com/store/
  • Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 06:29:17 am by TimothyJB
TimothyJB NewDawn
Dedicated lag switcher and founder of the SaltyBitch™ club
Darkfall will never succeed without local banking kangaroo mounts

Reply #20
I would hate to think that it's the end, but by this point we've become the equivalent of spirits wandering the afterlife, stuck in a loop of a past that happened a life time ago.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21

what funds. they never charged a subcription
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

• Valar
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #22

People still had to buy the game at launch if they sold 5k~ that's 50k revenue they got at least at that point.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23

People still had to buy the game at launch if they sold 5k~ that's 50k revenue they got at least at that point.
ah didnt know they sold that much. thought its mostly InDev players
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

• Valar
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #24

ah didnt know they sold that much. thought its mostly InDev players

Just an estimate but launch was pretty busy.

Reply #25
Launch was acceptable, and by that I mean the process, the bugs, the hotfixes, the downtime, etc. The design was and is still shit. Only thing that kept game floating was DF combat and that you still can't find anything remotely close to it. Everything else supposed to be flabour, but they made it core concept, to prevent players griefing each other, while basically griefing all players themselves. Would have flopped with good monetary management as well.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #26
RoA is releasing an expansion, I'm sure DnD is working towards an expansion.

If they're working.
twitch.tv/KenMan

Reply #27
Meanwhile Marc said October patch, early next week, soon, then absolute silence.
I wonder if anyone has asked about the patch in-game recently, if he's actually active there.

If anyone has the game installed and has the energy, check if you can get the answer to the question:
How many coders work with ND.
Will there at some point be a patch.
Do you know in what quarter.

Would be nice to hear a new creative lie sprinkled with arrogance. Poll indicates well enough what the "community" thinks.
Regards,
Kretyns()

Reply #28
I've talked with Marc in-game about 2 weeks ago, he confirmed journal/clans not working, said they are gonna fix it at next server restart, wished me Merry Christmas, and went back offline before I could ask any more questions :p

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #29
he confirmed journal/clans not working, said they are gonna fix it at next server restart, wished me Merry Christmas, and went back offline before I could ask any more questions :p
Haha man, this cracked me up. Visualized it in a very funny manner :D

Interesting, I'd imagine that even if he was alone he should be able to do that. Will be fun to see even though that obviously isn't one of the bigger issues. Now imagine if they failed even that :/
Regards,
Kretyns()