Skip to main content

Topic: Uber - U guys EVER going to say anything? (Read 4187 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Uber - U guys EVER going to say anything?
Reply #45
I'm afraid Darkfall might have expired a long time ago, but one can never be sure.
Lol, Darkfall was outdated back in 2009 already, in 2009 games like Aion released, Tera, Guildwars 2 were around the corner and so on, maybe if it was released in 2006... Now trying to revive it in 2018 with same graphics and asking for a monthly sub hoping for a success is delusional.

You guys are clueless. This game doesn't have any real competition. The graphics in DF is actually unique, and it serves an important purpose related to performance. Sure, it can be improved upon, but that is not even close to being the highest priority for a game that is pretty much the one and only FFA PVP sandbox.

Not sure if troll but you know that New Dawn was actually advertised on mainstream sites? You know what comments were like mostly? "Pay to play for this garbage graphics? ROTFL" And yeah I know New Dawn is not P2P technically but it's not even explained there on their website, don't even get me started on Ub3r's incompetency.

Games like Tibia and Oldschool Runescape, EQ, Lineage 2 are still played because of nostalgia purely, thing is those games were massive back in the days, unlike Darkfall.

What makes DF stand out from all others is that it was designed the right way from the start, being a FFA PVP MMO.
From a technical standpoint, EVE is probably the only other game out there that was designed correctly from the start, and still hasnt ruined it by adding the wrong features, splitting up the servers , or spending funds working on other games in the closet.

Reply #46
I wouldn't call FFA PvP a good design, as it encourages griefing. Ub3rgames was supposed to push the game towards RvR... sadly, they never got around to doing it

PS don't get me wrong - I love the fact that anyone can kill anyone, but I do think killing your own race should come at a cost.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #47
I wouldn't call FFA PvP a good design, as it encourages griefing. Ub3rgames was supposed to push the game towards RvR... sadly, they never got around to doing it

PS don't get me wrong - I love the fact that anyone can kill anyone, but I do think killing your own race should come at a cost.

Strict race wars with ZERO multi race clans allowed and limiting clans and alliances to ONLY 1 leader/SG and 3 Generals would have done soooo much for EITHER Darkfall in terms of naturally splitting up the most powerful players and preventing the game from boiling down into just 2 major factions.

AND I say that as someone who abused the hell out of being able to clique up with the servers best and absolutely shit on everyone else including ruining their sieges by showing up as a scroacher or "mercenary"

Reply #48

I'm not sure I agree. Order arise from chaos, so chaos is all we need. As far as I am concerned, races could even have been removed completely, utilizing guilds and the logic around territorial control  instead.

Reply #49
We can prevent a guild from taking over by giving smaller clans and groups other benefits, based on the fact that they are agile and mobile for example. That could create an equilibrium between being big vs small, and becorme a source of eternal conflict

Reply #50
Fluff, may I ask why you're not channeling your enthusiasm over at Rise of Agon?  It's definitely got some differences (that not everyone likes, including myself), but it's the only Darkfall left that has a chance of survival.

Reply #51
In RoA races aren't at war, it's all about clan politics and ganking there.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #52
Exactly.  ROA removed race politics just like Fluff recommended.  Another reason for him to check it our.

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #53
1500 players

NuffSaid           
twitch.tv/KenMan

• Otoan
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #54
Who cares. Just play the f*** game

why?

Because this game, along with EVE, is better than everything else out there. Everything else sucks

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH
Next time you post @Otoan try and actually know what your talking about or at least try and pretend

Reply #55
Who cares. Just play the f*** game

why?

Because this game, along with EVE, is better than everything else out there. Everything else sucks

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH
games do suck nowadays.....
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

• Otoan
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #56

There's plenty of entertaining games if you can just get away from the mindsuck of Darkfall.  Honestly in this day and age I wouldn't consider Darkfall or Eve my top 10. The only thing good about it is nostalgia at this point.
Next time you post @Otoan try and actually know what your talking about or at least try and pretend

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #57

There's plenty of entertaining games if you can just get away from the mindsuck of Darkfall.  Honestly in this day and age I wouldn't consider Darkfall or Eve my top 10. The only thing good about it is nostalgia at this point.

Well, i cant think of any in the MMO genre.

Edit. However some promising projects on the horizont.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #58
When was the last time you were WOWED by a game? I'd have to say I haven't been floored by the industry since going from SNES to the 64/playstation. The first time I played Oot I nearly shit myself with how good the game looked/felt. The cut scenes in FF7 were mind blowing. Since then the industry has slowly stagnated.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #59
When was the last time you were WOWED by a game?
Darkfall New Dawn - yesterday actually - during 3h long siege packed with action.
  • Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 10:02:48 pm by wildNothing