Skip to main content

Topic: Uber - U guys EVER going to say anything? (Read 4188 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Uber - U guys EVER going to say anything?
Reply #30
And even if they join a vet group and they take the time to teach them...would take time to learn anyway.
Let alone learning things without that guiding hand.

if you even get into the intricacies of the game that deep ever. Its like...did you know, monsters dont see a Z-axis gap, and will not melee you back if you are above/below them. No? well obviously...when you learn this....Yes? good job...thats one thing that many dont know.
"Good job"? This will get you banned if caught on tape or by gm. This is clearly described by devs as exploiting (ban worthy by their own words). If this is true then good job on revealing what a bunch of cheaters Lux Arcana/Tausion Dominion is. Heldana even liked your post. Good job!
  • Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 01:35:26 pm by wildNothing

Reply #31
if you even get into the intricacies of the game that deep ever. Its like...did you know, monsters dont see a Z-axis gap, and will not melee you back if you are above/below them. No? well obviously...when you learn this....Yes? good job...thats one thing that many dont know.
"Good job"? This will get you banned if caught on tape or by gm. This is clearly described by devs as exploiting (ban worthy by their own words). If this is true then good job on revealing what a bunch of cheaters Lux Arcana/Tausion Dominion is. Heldana even liked your post. Good job!

that is so stupid on so many levels, that i wouldnt even know where to start ....

• Khor
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #32
Wishes usually start with "I wish".

Btw, I like the Flufftutu spinoff of fknights.

Ive noticed as a general rule of the cosmos, what you may wish upon somebody else has the tendency to backfire onto your own life as well.

just sayin

Reply #33
Wishes usually start with "I wish".

Btw, I like the Flufftutu spinoff of fknights.

Ive noticed as a general rule of the cosmos, what you may wish upon somebody else has the tendency to backfire onto your own life as well.

just sayin
Seems you and me had quite a different life and experiences, I've never seen any kind of unnatural balance, good or bad. My experience tells me that we are the ones creating the balance and we can't really just wait around for things to fix themselves.

PS EDIT:
We rarely succeed.
Regards,
Kretyns()

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #34

So i was told to respond to this.

1. I told them this during indev, its still not fixed to this day.
2. They specifically told me (when i reported another player using a certain position against monsters to avoid death), that as long as monsters move its fine.
3. I told them this was a horrible way to determine if you are exploiting the AI or not.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
4. I kept this to myself, even when clan members specifically asked what i was informing the devs about regarding the AI.
5. I send them video's of how bad it really gets, on all the things.
6. I remade those when they changed the rate at which monsters are allowed to swap actions
7. I did not use these methods untill long after people quit, just to figure out the depths of the AI which used to be obscured by uncertainty and missed windows due to slower choices.
8. This ship is on the bottom of the ocean, there's no harm in revealing just how broken things are anymore.
And you cant reproduce this in RoA, the AI there is too slow to take it into account. (as dumb as this sounds)

So yes, had i wanted to, i could have exploited for all those pixels.
But none of my wealth ever got used. I never used infernal or higher, i never used q3 or higher enchants, i never funded sieges or did anything worth mentioning.
I am a nonfactor, dont make it seem like i matterd one bit.

Reply #35
That's not exploiting, and local banking is a convenience feature.

Reply #36
Nuyur has only touched the surface of exploits still in game, I'm sure people like Raap know far more hear are a few i can think of which were still ingame after launch.

You can use any waterfall/lava to basically fly hack, want to transfer your whole bank? Fly above the sky where no one can see you, want to bug out the fire dragon and melee him down? lets gooo.

With the changes they made to bugging through the floor you can just fall through the floor with your bank on you ride along the floor to your destination, log in and log out and boom you are in your own city with your bank.

In dungeons you can log out in certain areas of geomtry and appear above ground without needing to go to portal.

In dungeons if you glitch outside the dungeon walls there are a lot of ledges where the world wasn't trimmed down correctly and you can sit behind one way walls and cast / kill mobs or even kill players.

You can still bug krakens so they cant hit back and stand still.

You can still ride along the sea floor on a mount.

You can still bug hill giants out on cairn (many other mobs) by standing above them on ledges/staircases.

There is a food bug you can get unlimited food buff (similar to old staff enchant bug which I believe is still replicatable if you know how)

Raptors you can still bug on Yssam so they cant fight back.

There are many spawns you can stand in certain locations and AFK cast and not die overnight while hitting mobs with a little effort to setup.

You can still bug bags to have zero KG but actually have your bank in them and run to a new city and put in bank and pull back out and you have your bank in new city with no slow down.

I'm 99% sure the bank everywhere bug using your bag is still in the game but very hard to replicate.

There still exists chaos chest finders.

Like I said, I'm sure someone like raap would know a lot more bugs but they are the ones that i can think of off top of my head which devs were all notified about in inDev.

Reply #37
there's a problem with the way data is handled client / server side, let's say you want to fix the falling through the floor ... the failproof solution is to make position server side and have the client read the server position, but then what happens is if you have lags of any kind you will keep warping back (on your screen). So everytime you load a player or a spell animation (for first time) it will warp you and make the game unplayable (I think).

I think most of the problems have been that the project requires a much bigger workforce, the game was launched unfinished and never got to a polished state (in any version). The catch 22 is that bigger companies would not take the risk, and if they did it's more likely they will screw the game up, so it has to be one of two ways - a small indie company that delivers consistent improvements for a long period or a bigger company that has the right idea for the game.

Over time games are getting closer and closer to the point where Darkfall could become completely redundant. Think it's one of those unfortunate things, a brilliant thing was made, but in the circumstances never blossomed to it's potential. A game like Mount and Blade 2 will make it hard to justify playing this - people that don't find PvP interesting will not have much reason to play this, why would they log in to be someone's punching bag with much better games on the market? I'm afraid Darkfall might have expired a long time ago, but one can never be sure.

Reply #38
I'm afraid Darkfall might have expired a long time ago, but one can never be sure.
Lol, Darkfall was outdated back in 2009 already, in 2009 games like Aion released, Tera, Guildwars 2 were around the corner and so on, maybe if it was released in 2006... Now trying to revive it in 2018 with same graphics and asking for a monthly sub hoping for a success is delusional.
  • Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 02:50:25 pm by sodapop

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #39
I'm afraid Darkfall might have expired a long time ago, but one can never be sure.
Lol, Darkfall was outdated back in 2009 already, in 2009 games like Aion released, Tera, Guildwars 2 were around the corner and so on, maybe if it was released in 2006... Now trying to revive it in 2018 with same graphics and asking for a monthly sub hoping for a success is delusional.

Good points. Gfx and subscription model are this game's downfall, nothing else.

They could have easily forgotten EVERYTHING ELSE and focused on updating the gfx, basically what was done with unholy wars, and would have seen some success.

Same goes for RoA. I see the big picture now, its about the consumer. And no consumer wants to play some shit morrowind level gfx game unless its for nostalgia. Which is why we have 100 people on bpth servers. Literally less than shit korean grind mmorpgs on private100 sites.

Lel kappa dansgame

• Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 01:05:45 am by Kenman
twitch.tv/KenMan

Reply #40
gfx

Oldschool Runescape (OSRS) data - 70k to 140k concurrent accounts online
http://www.misplaceditems.com/rs_tools/graph/

gameplay sample:

Reply #41
gfx

Oldschool Runescape (OSRS) data - 70k to 140k concurrent accounts online
http://www.misplaceditems.com/rs_tools/graph/

gameplay sample:

Just to bump your post that disproves Graphics have nothing to do with it at all.

Project 1999 Everquest emulated server - only up to velious, everything recreated for the old school 1999 including the players online selling in a tunnel as the only market and no boxing a second account strictly enforced.

1500 players online on a Tuesday. It's about the fucking gameplay.

Reply #42
What Ivar said, i want to add:

Tibia.

Reply #43

You guys are clueless. This game doesn't have any real competition. The graphics in DF is actually unique, and it serves an important purpose related to performance. Sure, it can be improved upon, but that is not even close to being the highest priority for a game that is pretty much the one and only FFA PVP sandbox.

Reply #44

You guys are clueless. This game doesn't have any real competition. The graphics in DF is actually unique, and it serves an important purpose related to performance. Sure, it can be improved upon, but that is not even close to being the highest priority for a game that is pretty much the one and only FFA PVP sandbox.

Not sure if troll but you know that New Dawn was actually advertised on mainstream sites? You know what comments were like mostly? "Pay to play for this garbage graphics? ROTFL" And yeah I know New Dawn is not P2P technically but it's not even explained there on their website, don't even get me started on Ub3r's incompetency.

Games like Tibia and Oldschool Runescape, EQ, Lineage 2 are still played because of nostalgia purely, thing is those games were massive back in the days, unlike Darkfall.
  • Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 09:51:23 am by sodapop