Skip to main content

Topic: Uber - U guys EVER going to say anything? (Read 4189 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Uber - U guys EVER going to say anything?
Reply #15
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #16
Warframe feels really good as a melee + FPS hybrid, tried it first time today and after 30 mins I was thinking "wow, this is a free game :O"

Reply #17
Warframe feels really good as a melee + FPS hybrid, tried it first time today and after 30 mins I was thinking "wow, this is a free game :O"

Everyone i know ended up hitting the wall of grind and quit
85% /s

Reply #18
Warframe can't be played for free tho; too limiting having only 2 classes.
But even with a modest investment (~10 USD) it becomes a lot of fun for about 2-3 months.

After that it's a bit of a "grind a shit ton to unlock new stuff" or quit... or wait for new big expansion (at least they get big expansions and patches regularly)

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
Well, isnt grind what we like.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #20

Grind is important to DF because it enables organic pvp rather than forced shit. Randomly coming across some1 is the best.

Reply #21
Damn, ND forums really are useful. Will try Warframe as soon as I can, seems to be playable in a casual manner.
Regards,
Kretyns()

Reply #22
Anyone giving Warframe a try (on PC) should register via someone's referral link - you get 1 week of double exp, so here's a shameless self-promo:
https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=59e1a44b3ade7f09b5fe96d2

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• Khor
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #23
FUCKMESIDEWAYS

Reply #24

Grind is important to DF because it enables organic pvp rather than forced shit. Randomly coming across some1 is the best.

True, BUT

Good luck explaining that to the kids over on RoA forums.

Reply #25
at this point im just going to be surprised if the dev team havent all overdose in some small dingy basement flat in Paris huddled around an old server chugging away with DND running on it, OVERDUE and FINAL WARNING letters piling up at the door from the electric company...and soon....the electric will go off.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #26
at this point im just going to be surprised if the dev team havent all overdose in some small dingy basement flat in Paris huddled around an old server chugging away with DND running on it, OVERDUE and FINAL WARNING letters piling up at the door from the electric company...and soon....the electric will go off.

The developers can't continue unless people pay them. I'll happily throw DND some bucks, considering all the other crap I'm forced to pay for

• Khor
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #27

Be careful what you wish for.

Reply #28
Wishes usually start with "I wish".

Btw, I like the Flufftutu spinoff of fknights.
85% /s

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #29
Here's the sad ending of dnd's tale.

In their quest to add diversity of playstyles to allow different kinds of players to enjoy dnd, they had to change the game.
They put a lot of time into thinking about how they would do this, long before they ever even got the license.
When they got the license, they had their path laid out for them and "all"  they had to do was walk it.

They, after many years of having no dfo, realised that a lot of basics to the game were quite troublesome to get used to.
A lot of new players dont get past their first week, or didnt...semantics...
This meant they had to put a hold on adding the features they wanted to make the game actually playable.
The veterans obviously didnt care much for these changes, because they overcame those obsticales long ago and had made a setup around the obsticales and/or macros.

This slowed down their implementation of new things, because changing those core mechanics drove them deep into the code to find, unlock and catch all the fall out from the happy little accidents that kept the game going.
If you ever had "paperdoll locked", you know its not 1 input being lost..its not 5...its more like 1 second worth where every weaponswitching action resets your timer. In a game where players whine about 100 ping, 10x that ammount literally being unable to swap weapon is massive.

So yes, this needed to be done...eventually...but its a quirk.
If the game had a proper tutorial, a proper website to look up information and some directions in how to get your character to be productive you could just be...20% less efficient but still progress along the same lines.
New players, no matter what, would never keep up with veterans anyway. So the attempt to level the playing fields based on what makes logical sense with inputs wasnt going to change that at all.
In fact, it made it easier for vets to get away with certain things...and thats knowledge based which new players will not have...
And even if they join a vet group and they take the time to teach them...would take time to learn anyway.
Let alone learning things without that guiding hand.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, none of the features that were meant to make the different playstyles viable were implemented.
I mean...they got shoved down our throats with the title system...
But like, alts?
And this was argued at lenght with them, that there is NO difference between a player who took titles and an alt who took them.
They felt like time spend on the grind would deter players from doing this, but they clearly didnt perceive the dedication players would have.

They should have thought about ways to make the playstyle required.
Like a 3% chance of having a weapon be broken on use (in pve), which can be repaired in the field by a crafter (with sufficient skill), bumping the current durability up by 5, but lowering max by 3.
(so if you have a new weapon, and you use it a bit...then it breaks..it gets repaired...it goes to 105/115 instead of the 100/118 it used to be). Now you can just bring...20 weapons and repair them with an alt in the city. Or bring the alt.
But it means that you are alt tabbing all the time...And we all know that sucks.
Its a horrible idea, i know...im just literally writing down my first idea that would make the alt tabbing so annoying that it would be easier to actually have a player dedicated to this. (even if it is just on an alt, you wouldnt also be playing the main).

If you take 3 hours a day, of just throwing ideas into a discord channel with a few semi intelligent people for like 2 weeks im sure we could come up with idea's that wouldnt suck and would help.
Thats how you make players do things, and if you want to make it title locked then fine...like im done trying to change their minds on this.

Anyway, moving on from that failure.
They then launched without the needed changes for end game. Players did what they always do, rush to end game.
So after like 2 months clans were peaking in strenght, it was enjoyable to stomp on less progressed groups.
But before long that thrill was over and there was nothing left to do.
Who would have known, that the only end game dfo ever had was pvp (often forced by sieges).
But dont worry, they fixed fun sieges by making the wardec cost retardedly high.

Now what do you do? Thats right, you camp a village and log off to play other games in the mean time.
But dont worry, they fixed villages by making them rotate 1 hour later every day.

Now what do you do? Thats right, you log in to check if a village that is close enough is in a decent time zone and else you log off.

You cant blame the players for the mistakes they made, especially because some of us took the time to discuss these downsides with them at lenght.

For me, either they sort their shit and start looking at the game from a fun/not fun perspective and try to add to the daily enjoyment of playing. Or there's no point in playing ever, even if they get their shit together and start patching again.

As for "go play roa". It took me all of 5 hours to max out a char, i feel like all i can do is pvp in that game and i just cba to fight the same people for the sake of fighting every day. Ive done that, i want it to have meaning, which is why i tried dnd.

Probably my last post on these boards, if there's ever something going on in dnd im sure ill hear about it from somebody.