Skip to main content

Topic: Atlas - who's trying it? (Read 5229 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Atlas - who's trying it?
Reply #105
You should buy the game I hear its amazing.
I kind of feel obligate to do so now since you are an influential person in my life, and not only that, but also someone I respect.

I understand that individual thinking might be a hard concept for you grasp but I value information and well laid out opinions more than I value sad people rage rants, after that, I make up my own mind. From that perspective, most of what you write is shit, much like the quoted post.
Regards,
Kretyns()

Reply #106
You should buy the game I hear its amazing.
I kind of feel obligate to do so now since you are an influential person in my life, and not only that, but also someone I respect.

I understand that individual thinking might be a hard concept for you grasp but I value information and well laid out opinions more than I value sad people rage rants, after that, I make up my own mind. From that perspective, most of what you write is shit, much like the quoted post.

aaaaaaaawwwwww.

If making fun of Pallist and black meat retard guy for trying to promote a game that is clearly a cash grab are now "rage rants" I would hate to see what you think of a real rage rant is. And "cash grab reskin" are not even my words, that's a quote from multiple people they promoted to try their game. If that is too hard for you to understand- you should definitely buy it, because Atlas is marketed directly to people like you. Idiots.

It is pretty interesting that you can go to the New Dawn forums and find multiple morons promoting people to try Atlas. The the rise of agon forums not only has it in the off-topic section, it's trashed for the piece of shit game that it is. MAGA apparently

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #107
i refunded and bought Insurgency Sandstorm and installed Gloria Victus again. Game got lots of updates and kinda feels like mount&blade light. Atlas didnt run well for me and before all the fun begins you have to hit alot of nodes or do other stuff i have no time for. Its probably alot like Darkfall were you have Minutes of epic moments in hours of gameplay. Including some nice bug using to have an edge. They patch alot and i bet with a better PC and somem onths into the future its alot of fun. Getting a 970 today and might try it out with better hardware, but i just dont have the time to hit nodes for hours to progress and thats not even AFK.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #108
Fuck I apologize for messing this thread up with one of my typical posts, I'm just giving @Ivar_theBoneless one last kiss then I'll be quite until something pertinent to Atlas comes up. Everything is pretty much Ivar related so just don't read it.

TL:DR;
Ivar sucks a lot of dick, E-I-E-I-O
And he doesn't mind the taste of shit, E-I-E-I-O.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  • Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 03:49:46 pm by makaveli
Regards,
Kretyns()

Reply #109
Fuck I apologize for messing this thread up with one of my typical posts, I'm just giving @Ivar_theBoneless one last kiss then I'll be quite until something pertinent to Atlas comes up. Everything is pretty much Ivar related so just don't read it.

TL:DR;
Ivar sucks a lot of dick, E-I-E-I-O
And he doesn't mind the taste of shit, E-I-E-I-O.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Did you really spent a lot of time writing that wall text thinking I was going to read it?

I'm only here for the RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE squeal from you, the Vex guy I keep forgetting about, that idiot palast and the Heather's from SKD.

Reply #110
i refunded and bought Insurgency Sandstorm and installed Gloria Victus again. Game got lots of updates and kinda feels like mount&blade light. Atlas didnt run well for me and before all the fun begins you have to hit alot of nodes or do other stuff i have no time for. Its probably alot like Darkfall were you have Minutes of epic moments in hours of gameplay. Including some nice bug using to have an edge. They patch alot and i bet with a better PC and somem onths into the future its alot of fun. Getting a 970 today and might try it out with better hardware, but i just dont have the time to hit nodes for hours to progress and thats not even AFK.

Idk about Atlas, im not getting good vibes at all, based on what i watched/read. Feels like something built upon lie and that wont end well, shamelessly copypasting from your other game and tryuing to monetize that buggy mess. Some stuff from gameplay looked worse than df.

If someone subjects himself/herself to such early access torture he has only himself/herself to blame. Also as i commented elsewhere, the shitty state of games fed to us should make us look into mirror, why do we accept it in the first place.

Reply #111
Does anyone understand how this 40k/server thing works? From my understanding servers are on 50-200 people and the lag can vary. Does that mean 50-200 people per "node" (part of world) or does that mean 50-200 people for the whole server (world)? If it is 200 people per world scaling that up to 40k would truly be a feat.
Regards,
Kretyns()

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #112
Does anyone understand how this 40k/server thing works? From my understanding servers are on 50-200 people and the lag can vary. Does that mean 50-200 people per "node" (part of world) or does that mean 50-200 people for the whole server (world)? If it is 200 people per world scaling that up to 40k would truly be a feat.

The world is devided into grids. Each grid is one server with 150 player on it and when you move, you switch to other girds/server without any loadingscreen like in DF.

If one grid/server is full it will push you out with tornados as far as i know.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #113
Of all the biggest LOLs in life, Atlas is certainly up there. Seems the DF threatment has lowered the expectations so much that TURD = CHOCOLATE
  • Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 08:27:36 pm by Nataz

Reply #114
Of all the biggest LOLs is life, Atlas is certainly up there. Seems the DF threatment has lowered the expectations so much that TURD = CHOCOLATE

^

Please stand by for pallist and black assburgers to post "game is broken now but we had so much fun when it was working" save face threads.

Only going to get worse. Steam is a straight up scam business model now for Early Access games, they know a % will refund. the cost for processing that is much smaller vs.  the idiots desperate to play any Trash they sell along with the other idiots who don't refund because "it's only $20".

It's the predatory credit card model. They know 40% is just going to default or not use it but the 60% is going to make them so much money it's not going to matter.

Reply #115

The game never broke
85% /s

Reply #116
MONSTER JAM!!!!
HES ON FIRE!
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #117
After playing Atlas and thinking about new dawn, here is my wishes of that ub3r did and what should have done. Some of these, I openly admit I was pretty hesitant against in darkfall but see now they work fine.

Local banking works perfectly fine

Travel times across the map work perfectly fine

Naked instant travel with cooldowns restrictions (as in for each person that instant travels, a 1 minute timer for the next person to travel to that location) would have been perfectly fine.

Localized resources need to be in surplus for that region, as we asked for over and over. Also, they shouldn't prevent you from going up to the next tier of gear. Atlas allows everything to be made with any local resources but if you want to create higher levels of that gear you need to use multiple types of the same resource (such as 3 types of wood).

Wind and boats could have been incredibly simple in darkfall and 100% doable.

Boats should be expendable and not a prized possession. 2hrs per astrolabe not including material farm per boat...lol

Free building really isn't required to make a game fun. Triple layering bases isn't skill or a great system. But that said, some dynamic options to holdings was really required. Optional placements, optional cannon types, different tiers of structures.

Cosmetics are just fucking good. Seriously... Unlocking emotes, new ganks, different weapon skins/colors.

Limitations on bank space is good. SomeBK was very vocal about this and is completely right.

Ability to raid event banks is good. I think uber planned some sort of rare resource chest stuff. I'm sure it's in the October patch.

Anyways, the list really goes on. All well within the technical scope of darkfall engine.

But we'll never ever have it. It won't ever happen.

Instead I'll be playing Atlas. For all it's flaws, I'm still enjoying it.
I wish they would cap servers at 75 players. I wish they could cap structure limits within an area much much lower. Sprawling out ends up taking away your resource spawns and limits would prevent these eye sore lag bases we all continue to build. NPC crews should be limited to 25% of your ships max crew size.
Basically, i hope the developers understand the limits of the ut4 engine better and accept them. But they won't... They never do.

So ya.. stuck playing Atlas in it's current condition because like when i was stuck playing darkfall in it's current condition, there is nothing else.

85% /s

Reply #118
Atlas has very poor pve , horrible PvP, Bad territory control gameplay with offline raiding
But ok it succeed local banking if you can play 15 h/ day

Reply #119
Atlas has very poor pve , horrible PvP, Bad territory control gameplay with offline raiding
But ok it succeed local banking if you can play 15 h/ day

^ and some of the worst fucking character animations I've ever seen in a game going back to my original PC.

That pallister leads some of biggest queens on the forums bitching about shit but will play that pos game makes them bigger idiots then Mycke- lord of the idiot's.