Skip to main content

Topic: Atlas - who's trying it? (Read 5273 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Atlas - who's trying it?
Reply #30
I'm not sure what all the hate about Ark is. It's the best survival game out there and they've done a great job adding a ridiculous amount of content while New Dawn hasn't even posted anything significant in months. Also I'm looking at Ark on steam right now. 69% overall and 89% in the last 30 days. I'm skeptically optimistic about this game.

Did you just compare a multi-million dollar game studio to 3 guys working part time?

My hate comes from this https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/community-crunch-159-winter-wonderland-dev-diary-r1035/ their lead dev posted a "we like adding shiny stuff, but bug testing is hard n shit and its easier if the paying players do it. Which is funny since he posted almost the exact same thing last year.

Reply #31
They should change their company name from wildcard to Cashgrab lol. Digital Foundry review of Ark Survival on consoles and the switch

https://youtu.be/O6kN73PuygI

Funniest intro to a game review I've seen in awhile
  • Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 02:15:35 am by Ivar_theBoneless

• Otoan
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #32
I'm not sure what all the hate about Ark is. It's the best survival game out there and they've done a great job adding a ridiculous amount of content while New Dawn hasn't even posted anything significant in months. Also I'm looking at Ark on steam right now. 69% overall and 89% in the last 30 days. I'm skeptically optimistic about this game.

Did you just compare a multi-million dollar game studio to 3 guys working part time?

My hate comes from this https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/community-crunch-159-winter-wonderland-dev-diary-r1035/ their lead dev posted a "we like adding shiny stuff, but bug testing is hard n shit and its easier if the paying players do it. Which is funny since he posted almost the exact same thing last year.

Yea I'm fucking comparing them. They started as 3 people when they created Ark. It just had so much SUCCESS that they capitalized on it and hired more people.
Next time you post @Otoan try and actually know what your talking about or at least try and pretend

• Otoan
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #33
They should change their company name from wildcard to Cashgrab lol. Digital Foundry review of Ark Survival on consoles and the switch

Anyone who likes games like Darkfall should always take reviews with a grain of salt. I don't think you understand what a cashgrab is. Let me copy pasta the definition for you.
An activity engaged in with the intention of making money quickly. The money generated by a cash grab. A game in which players attempt to grab as much money as possible.

Where in the history of this game could they be labeled a cashgrab? Maybe you're thinking of Bless or Archeage?
Next time you post @Otoan try and actually know what your talking about or at least try and pretend

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #34

Anyone who likes games like Darkfall should always take reviews with a grain of salt. I don't think you understand what a cashgrab is. Let me copy pasta the definition for you.
An activity engaged in with the intention of making money quickly. The money generated by a cash grab. A game in which players attempt to grab as much money as possible.

Where in the history of this game could they be labeled a cashgrab? Maybe you're thinking of Bless or Archeage?

the switch version is an unoptimized cashgrab they never gonna fix
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #35
The Ark Physics and Character movement is clunky as fuck... BUT the mix of these type of game with components of EvE and Ship-battles sounds interesting. A checkout of this game is planned.
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #36

Yea I'm fucking comparing them. They started as 3 people when they created Ark. It just had so much SUCCESS that they capitalized on it and hired more people.

.....ya 3 people developed a multi- million, multi platform (dev team for each platform) game, became successful and then hired more people. Not sure why we didn't all know how to do that.

/the founder recruited people from his current company and they all bailed to work under a new company. Which is just like 3 guys working part time. IDONTEVEN.JPG

Reply #37
some of rats in the hats will give a try too.

Reply #38
Is it full loot?

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #39
Is it full loot?

Yes

MMO On the Grandest Scale
Physically sail in real-time across the vast oceans with the proprietary server network technology. Explorers will voyage to over 700 unique landmasses across 45,000 square kilometers, with thousands of Discovery Zones, and ten distinct world regions each having their own unique resources, creatures, secrets, and environment hazards! There is a separate PvE ATLAS for players who don't wish to play any PVP.

Pirate PVP to the Limit
Everything is up for grabs including player's ships, their crew, their pets, their forts, their land, and their booty. If you can get your hands on it, you can take it. A ship's permanent logbook tells the tale of their legendary travel, exploits and ownership.

Intense Action
Tactical melee combat systems with blocks, parries, dodges, character motion, optional shields, stunning and strength-varying strikes, directional attacks, and more for use in either first or third person perspectives. Fists, swords, maces, blackjacks, daggers, and much more give you tremendous options to pick the right weapon for the job. Meanwhile, period-appropriate-weaponry with skill-based active reload systems include flintlock pistols, muskets, blunderbuss, and more -- just be sure to keep your powder dry!

Claim What's Yours
Form a company, claim territory and apply taxation and behavior rules to that which you own: be a benevolent governor, a feudal lord, or a ruthless dictator. Territory ownership is visualized on your dynamic zoomable World Map, with Fog of War obscuring uncharted regions and Shroud of War hiding enemy territories out of sight range. Contest other government's ownership of land, structures, or ships to expand your empire! The top large-scale Spheres of Influence on the Official ATLAS' are visualized in real-time on the PlayATLAS homepage. Design your own custom flag per-pixel to apply to your claims, to be famous (or infamous)!

https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/profiles/76561197969167731/

"Everything in the features section will be there around Early Access Launch and the game will be an unparalleled massively multiplayer experience from Day One."

• Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 01:40:57 pm by Niburu

Reply #40
Loserkids will play it. Clan?

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #41
Seems interesting but i have reservations expecially when they claim 40 000 players on a single server, only Darkfall manage to have epic sieges with 500+ players, how they can manage so much players on a open world single cluster with this graphic and all these hitbox?
These are just words, reality will be pretty different, the rule is wait when an EA is released, i get enought scams in the past, reason why i will wait reviews and videos before any attempt to buy this so called "mmo".
  • Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 11:05:00 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #42
Seems interesting but i have reservations expecially when they claim 40 000 players on a single server, only Darkfall manage to have epic sieges with 500+ players, how they can manage so much players on a open world single cluster with this graphic and all these hitbox?
These are just words, reality will be pretty different, the rule is wait when an EA is released, i get enought scams in the past, reason why i will wait reviews and videos before any attempt to buy this so called "mmo".
40K does in deed seem impressive, and quite dubious, but not impossible. They could have 1000 underlying servers handling everything but one being exposed. Optimizing the client for 500+ wars... now that would be even more impressive, especially if they rely on a engine that isn't optimized for this (read anything that isn't in house).

I think in this situation what you should vet is the game studio (I haven't myself). If they have made bold claims before and managed to have kept them, then I believe there is a chance they can keep these too.

EDIT PS:
I can't remember what CSE (Camelot Unchained) has actually manage to prove so far, I think it is stable battles with ~350-400 people, though they expect to be able to handle a lot more but I sadly cant remember the number. They also have vastly more impressive physics + Action/Interaction/Reaction than DF has. This is an in house engine that has been developed for a long time by many competent people.
  • Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:19:01 am by makaveli
Regards,
Kretyns()

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #43

Each tile is 1 Server, 1200 Server combined create the world. Each tile has a limited Amount of Players that can enter

Reply #44

Each tile is 1 Server, 1200 Server combined create the world. Each tile has a limited Amount of Players that can enter

So in theory you could make a safe zone if your clan / group is large enough to max out the server your base is located. 

Wonder how many people can be on the same server (Same place on the map) before the game just shits the bed.