Skip to main content

Topic: Atlas - who's trying it? (Read 5272 times) previous topic - next topic

Atlas - who's trying it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxT2vYXddAY

Let's gang up and buttpirate the world as Darkfall pirates

Re: Atlas - who's trying it?
Reply #1
GARRRbage Men will be. Depending on stability and server wipes, this shit could be amazing out the gate.

I'm open to darkfall alliance in the game

(No horde ofc)
85% /s

Reply #2
Think I'll give it a try. I've never played an MMORPG without Margery and I tend to play mage, but since I haven't tried, I might very well enjoy it.
Regards,
Kretyns()

Reply #3
Looks interesting... but there's no word on cost, and since my computer doesn't even meet minimum requirements, I'll probably have to skip it, at least for now.

Y'all have fun

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #4
Looks interesting... but there's no word on cost, and since my computer doesn't even meet minimum requirements, I'll probably have to skip it, at least for now.

Y'all have fun

$30 if bought while early access
$60 at fill release (ETA 2 years)
They will add a cosmetic cash shop in the future during early access
85% /s

Reply #5
Looks like New World has some competition!

Reply #6
Looks like New World has some competition!
What's New World?
85% /s

Reply #7
Huge Amazon-backed game of almost exactly the same genre.  The trailers weren't  as impressive as Atlas, but it's already in Alpha so will probably have full release much sooner.  Check it out!

Reply #8
Huge Amazon-backed game of almost exactly the same genre.  The trailers weren't  as impressive as Atlas, but it's already in Alpha so will probably have full release much sooner.  Check it out!
Sorry, forgot the /s

New world and new dawn hopefully can replace by new atlas
85% /s

Reply #9

Y'all have fun

$30 if bought while early access
$60 at fill release (ETA 2 years)
They will add a cosmetic cash shop in the future during early access

Let's break that down- ( and no this has nothing to do with you Pallist you just posted the information)

1- 30$ with a declared development window of two years- which means they got as far as they could and nobody else would give them money because it's shit.

2- 60$ for an open-world MMO there hasn't been one at release worth $60 in 10 years plus

3- CASH SHOP AT early access.... The rest will be a buggy mess but by the guiding hand of jesus the cash shop will work perfectly like a miracle.

^THIS is why games are fucking shit now, borderline scams and we will never get a decent open world pvp game. Because idiots buy this shit. Calling it now, the whole industry is headed to regulatory oversight by somebody.

Edit- if that sounds "crazy" try inserting any other type of product by a company into that formula. You can't.
  • Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 08:20:19 pm by Ivar_theBoneless

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
me

inb4 u can run around with cheat engine

Reply #11
me

inb4 u can run around with cheat engine

We knew you were, no reason to post. When you see me reference "idiots" that's you.

I'm guessing you're playing Ash's of a creation as well? since they are doing the same thing.

- reveal playable in-game footage that looks amazing
- announce Early Access beta (arena mode)
- by the miracle of Jesus it's going to have a working cash shop, and don't you worry kids those items will still be useable in a year when they eventually releases the full, slightly buggy game

Star Citizen has shown the world this model not only works but you can make a lot of money and not even have an actual game, or required to deliver on anything you say

Reply #12
@Ivar_theBoneless
Normally yes, i would consider this just another EA scam. The difference being wildcard actually managed to go from a very playable early access game with constant updates to a released game with DLC in a respectable fashion.

The issue with ark was the game was never designed around official servers pvp or pve. For balance, Ark is best played on private servers with admins and setting tweaks. Wildcard tried back revert hard learned lessons but their dream and how gamers no life never really met halfway.

Now taking what i said and applying it as a general statement:

Wildcard successfully developed one of the most feature rich games in a very respectable development speed and combine that with they're using their existing source to develop Atlas, I have a very glass is half full outlook on Atlas.

Your breakdown is pretty negative for really no reason. Like getting a gift and complaining about the wrapping paper.

$30 EA fee. They silently developed the game to the point where it was ready for early access and released a trailer 6 days before EA launch. They're rolling in money from Ark. This isn't ub3r sitting in a pub thinking they can make a game.

$60 MMO box fee. I don't know what your complaint is here... $60 isn't uncommon for games and I'm sure the game will often go on sale.

Cosmetic cash shop to avoid monthly subscription. This is tried and true now.

Maybe do a little digging for yourself.
-company that has already went from successful early access to successful launch
-company that understands fluff and content
-game engineer that already exists and works as foundation
-budget plan to keep cash flow coming in without subscription after initial sales
-open about development time and experience to back it up
-silently built the game and launching early access once they felt ready
-looking at industry successes (one of which is their own) to create a feature rich game

Well... I'm sold
85% /s

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
I might, but i want to see real gameplay because trailers always look nice even if the game is shit.
Wildcard are a company i have faith in, ARK was a project that really took a flying start and they managed to catch up and manage that project for a long time after.
They were open with modders and implemented feedback and features generated by the playerbase.

But...EA is a flag not to be ignored.

Reply #14
@Ivar_theBoneless
Maybe do a little digging for yourself...... I'm sold

Ark: Survival by wild card

-studio successfully sued for 40 million 2016 ( developer - contractor employee issues)
-2 year early access
- released to console A YEAR before PC 4.4 out of 10 user score/metric
- released to PC user score 5.1 out of 10/metric
- both versions got a mixed 70% score from critics

Shocked. Everything lines up with exactly what I thought when I watch a video of that dog shit game.

Next time pause before you post, and take a second to think before you write a paragraph that's completely inaccurate defending a game we all know here sucks balls

Edit- this is like the 4th time I've dunked on you palist, I told you having those tards in your Discord would affect your common sense
  • Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 01:14:11 am by Ivar_theBoneless