Skip to main content

Topic: Weekly reminder: It has been 21 days since Ub3r has bothered to go to the forums (Read 683 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Weekly reminder: It has been 21 days since Ub3r has bothered to go to the forums
Reply #30
Why would anyone play RoA knowing it is run by the most notorious exploiters, hackers, and elitist dickheads in any Darkfall?

Don't get me wrong this game is just as shit if not moreso but for different shitty reasons.

Who TF do you think runs RoA? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Re: Weekly reminder: It has been 21 days since Ub3r has bothered to go to the forums
Reply #31
Why would anyone play RoA knowing it is run by the most notorious exploiters, hackers, and elitist dickheads in any Darkfall?

Don't get me wrong this game is just as shit if not moreso but for different shitty reasons.

Your mom? ROFLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLBWAHAHAHAHAZEEEHAHAHA PIIIIIIIIIIIIIPIPIPPIPIP.

PS.
You suck hanging chad.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

• Devil
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #32
After releasing unencrypted client files to launch servers before DND, roa devs can go kill themselves, fucking jew kids

Can you link me these? I want to download them.

Ancient history now. As I said, mistakes were made, fixed and progress was made. They took a lot of grief from everyone, including all of us RoA fans. If you think we've ever given them a pass, you are sorely mistaken. We put them on blast for it. But they've moved on and continue to try to improve.

Forced roa to get anti hacking tools. Dnd sat on their hands.

Reply #33
Confirmed, Andrew was in GPS at some point.  As far as I recall they were newbie griefers, but weren't exploiters and hackers like Gentlemen. 

In my experience, GPS brought the kind of strife to the table that made Darkfall thrilling.  I fought Goblin Shaman out of our hamlet at one point and got ALL kinds of mid-tier thrills from it.
  • Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 01:20:33 am by Rimamok

Reply #34
I'd rather a dev that was in GPS than a dev that avoided GPS.

Imo, GPS were essentials to my original darkfall experience. Along with GRIEF. It was a failure on the devs part to not find ways to prevent their griefing.

Bringing this up reminds me of why i chose had faith in ub3r early on.

Some guy posted a video of him killing afk players with acid pools in RoA and was banned.
When Ub3r was asked how they would handle it, ub3r said they wouldn't ban a player for their failure to prevent the griefing mechanic.
85% /s

• Valar
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #35
I'd rather a dev that was in GPS than a dev that avoided GPS.

Imo, GPS were essentials to my original darkfall experience. Along with GRIEF. It was a failure on the devs part to not find ways to prevent their griefing.

Bringing this up reminds me of why i chose had faith in ub3r early on.

Some guy posted a video of him killing afk players with acid pools in RoA and was banned.
When Ub3r was asked how they would handle it, ub3r said they wouldn't ban a player for their failure to prevent the griefing mechanic.

Great decision, like when Ub3r banned people at launch when they didn't prevent the afk skilling up in a mob spawn mechanic.

Reply #36
Confirmed, Andrew was in GPS at some point.  As far as I recall they were newbie griefers, but weren't exploiters and hackers like Gentlemen. 

In my experience, GPS brought the kind of strife to the table that made Darkfall thrilling.  I fought Goblin Shaman out of our hamlet at one point and got ALL kinds of mid-tier thrills from it.

Yes GPS were hacking and exploiting throughout the entire time they were on the server. As much or more then Scare Bears (my old clan). Thats not hearsay that's fact. When the bans came, their mains caught it as much as we did and everybody was rerolling (myself included).

That makes a lot more sense now about roa.

Edit- @Rimamok that's a real tinted rose-colored view of the past, GPS did more to destroy Darkfall by getting new players to quit with the way they exploited killed in the NPC cities then Adventurine ever did

• Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 01:41:35 am by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #37

Great decision, like when Ub3r banned people at launch when they didn't prevent the afk skilling up in a mob spawn mechanic.
What?  Ub3r said one thing and did another?  Sounds like bullshit to me!

Yes GPS were hacking and exploiting throughout the entire time they were on the server. As much or more then Scare Bears (my old clan). Thats not hearsay that's fact. When the bans came, their mains caught it as much as we did and everybody was rerolling.

Well, it is said that Andrew was in GPS early on in their lifeline, before they went in the direction they ultimately became notorious for.

One could even wildly speculate that their degeneration might have been one of the reasons that he left them. 

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Edit:  I also find it mildly hilarious that you're so deeply critical of Andrew having been in a clan that had folks banned for hacking.  And then in the same breath declared that you were in another clan that had folks banned for hacking.  L O L

that's a real tinted rose-colored view of the past, GPS did more to destroy Darkfall by getting new players to quit with the way they exploited killed in the NPC cities then Adventurine ever did
I got killed a time or two by those exploits.  It was frustrating for a short period and that's about it.  IMO if anyone left due to those exploits, they wouldn't have stuck around anyways.  I think "DESTROYING DARKFALL" is wildly Chicken Little of you.
  • Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 01:47:54 am by Rimamok

Reply #38

What?  Ub3r said one thing and did another?  Sounds like bullshit to me!

Yes GPS were hacking and exploiting throughout the entire time they were on the server. As much or more then Scare Bears (my old clan). Thats not hearsay that's fact. When the bans came, their mains caught it as much as we did and everybody was rerolling.

Well, it is said that Andrew was in GPS early on in their lifeline, before they went in the direction they ultimately became notorious for.

One could even wildly speculate that their degeneration might have been one of the reasons that he left them. 

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Edit:  I also find it mildly hilarious that you're so deeply critical of Andrew having been in a clan that had folks banned for hacking.  And then in the same breath declared that you were in another clan that had folks banned for hacking.  L O L

I know nobody dors it on this forum and it's hard n shit but try reading what I wrote......

I never mentioned Andrew by name, just that the general picture of who stayed and who left RoA is a little clearer now.

/and goblin was cheating before he even started GPS so I don't know what the f*** you're talking about. I'm glad I was caught a few of us stop cheating cuz all the hacks ruined the game for me

Edit- I mean it's been 10 years plus but goblin was one of the first guys to really exploit using the fun hulk's to drive Crafters out of NPC cities and then kill them with a red Alt. Ya that was amazing for the game- getting stuck to a driveable in a pvp game

• Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 01:49:48 am by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #39

I know nobody dors it on this forum and it's hard n shit but try reading what I wrote......

I never mentioned Andrew by name, just that the general picture of who stayed and who left RoA is a little clearer now.

To be fair, you didn't write much so I had to read between the lines.  I assumed you were making conclusions about Andrew.... sounds like I was wrong.

/and goblin was cheating before he even started GPS so I don't know what the f*** you're talking about. I'm glad I was caught a few of us stop cheating cuz all the hacks ruined the game for me

Yeah I'm in full agreement with you there, the reputation of hacking definitively had a HUGE impact on population.

Edit- I mean it's been 10 years plus but goblin was one of the first guys to really exploit using the fun hulk's to drive Crafters out of NPC cities and then kill them with a red Alt. Ya that was amazing for the game- getting stuck to a driveable in a pvp game
I remember when we were all hungry for a patch and they gave us funhulks.  What a shitshow that was.  I don't blame anyone for driving those pieces of crap around in protest.  Even if they didn't mean it as a protest, I still applaud it as such.
  • Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 02:43:42 am by Rimamok

Reply #40

To be fair, you didn't write much so I had to read between the lines.  I assumed you were making conclusions about Andrew.... sounds like I was wrong.

Yeah I'm in full agreement with you there, the reputation of hacking definitively had a HUGE impact on population.

I remember when we were all hungry for a patch and they gave us funhulks.  What a shitshow that was.  I don't blame anyone for driving those pieces of crap around in protest.  Even if they didn't mean it as a protest, I still applaud it as such.

If you didn't get stuck to them I wouldn't have had a problem with them, I mean afk in open world at your own risk.

It is was it is, all versions had the same grief problems and handled them all equally bad.

Reply #41
It's Darkfall's curse, a diamond in the rough, to be mismanaged by all, and stay forever dull.

Reply #42

I think Andrew is Cyber Hobo from GPS. The infamous tradeganker / gold seller. And isn't Bound the SG of HOGG?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbqMdL74AP4

Reply #43
And isn't Bound the SG of HOGG?

He led Shadow Syndicate in DF1.