Skip to main content

Topic: Weekly reminder: It has been 21 days since Ub3r has bothered to go to the forums (Read 684 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Weekly reminder: It has been 21 days since Ub3r has bothered to go to the forums
Reply #15
That game is just a trash as this one. Enjoy your corrupt devs

lol no.

played since release, best thing i can tell u is to try it and judge by yourself.

its free

Re: Weekly reminder: It has been 21 days since Ub3r has bothered to go to the forums
Reply #16
Why would anyone play RoA knowing it is run by the most notorious exploiters, hackers, and elitist dickheads in any Darkfall?

Don't get me wrong this game is just as shit if not moreso but for different shitty reasons.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #17
I won't play RoA because it doesn't have the features I want.  But personally I see zero issue with RoA fans coming here and advertising their very-much-alive game, in this dead game's forum.  I find the angry responses from broken-hearted DNDers a little funny, and a little sad.
Assuming I'm one of these since my response are "angry" I'll add my own perspective on the matter.

TL;DR:
I don't like seeing "I told you so" cause it reminds me of how weak most people are and I despise weakness. I changed my whole life around in a major way because in my old life and way of living it was too much weakness in my surrounding. I find these posts to be repetitive and uninformative. I find it to be rude even though DND is dead, I am rude to rude people. I'm not angry with Uber or the RoA spammers, I'm frustrated at most. Profanity makes it very easy to summarize what I think about this and one of the reasons I'm on this forum to share my thoughts. I do not care enough not to use profanity. Yes, strange things trigger me.

Just TL:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:
Tried to make it a little bit less annoying with the spoiler.
  • Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 06:29:32 pm by makaveli

Reply #18
Why would anyone play RoA knowing it is run by the most notorious exploiters, hackers, and elitist dickheads in any Darkfall?

Don't get me wrong this game is just as shit if not moreso but for different shitty reasons.

??? Where does this come from? Kimoshu?  He always had a solid reputation in the community as being reputable and reasonable.  Wasn't much of a PvPer but was a great merchant? Umberto?  Also generally respected, and not an actual Dev, he just does marketing and promotional videos.  Skreww?  Hasn't been on the team since Alpha?  Who exactly are you calling "notorious exploiters, hackers, and elitist dickheads"?

Reply #19
Stuff
I detected absolutely zero "I told you so" in the OP.  He notes FACTS about the lack of presence of Ub3rgames, and does not take it past that. 

Your response absolutely comes across as emotionally-charged, and bearing the inevitable biases that come along with charged emotions.  You say "I don't care if DND died", and yet the profanity and biased interpretation of the OP you spout speaks volumes to this being untrue.

TLDR;  affected and lacking self-awareness

EDIT:  Thumbs up to your use of spoiler.  Your communications have improved greatly over time.

??? Where does this come from? Kimoshu?  He always had a solid reputation in the community as being reputable and reasonable.  Wasn't much of a PvPer but was a great merchant? Umberto?  Also generally respected, and not an actual Dev, he just does marketing and promotional videos.  Skreww?  Hasn't been on the team since Alpha?  Who exactly are you calling "notorious exploiters, hackers, and elitist dickheads"?
I assume this comes from Kimoshu being part of the Goblin Preservation Society.  They were notorious newbie-campers/griefers; maybe that could be considered "elitist", but who cares?   I don't recall ever hearing that they were hackers and exploiters, tho...?
  • Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 06:40:52 pm by Rimamok

• Devil
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #20
Stuff
I detected absolutely zero "I told you so" in the OP.  He notes FACTS about the lack of presence of Ub3rgames, and does not take it past that. 

Your response absolutely comes across as emotionally-charged, and bearing the inevitable biases that come along with charged emotions.  You say "I don't care if DND died", and yet the profanity and biased interpretation of the OP you spout speaks volumes to this being untrue.

EDIT:  Thumbs up to your use of spoiler.  Your communications have improved greatly over time.

I assume this comes from Kimoshu being part of the Goblin Preservation Society.  They were notorious newbie-campers/griefers; maybe that could be considered "elitist", but who cares?   I don't recall ever hearing that they were hackers and exploiters, tho...?

I'm pretty sure Kimoshu has said he ran the clan NEW not Goblin Preservation Society.

Reply #21

I assume this comes from Kimoshu being part of the Goblin Preservation Society.  They were notorious newbie-campers/griefers; maybe that could be considered "elitist", but who cares?  I don't recall ever hearing that they were hackers and exploiters, tho...?
GPS was a definitively sketchy group, although I don't think they ever became actual hackers.  I also don't think Kimoshu was ever a part of GPS?  I'm not sure where that narrative came from.  Iirc Kimoshu was a leader in NEW? So... basically the opposite of GPS?  The exact kind of person you'd want heading a company trying to revive Darkfall even?  Is that where some of the vehemence on these forums to RoA comes from? It seems misinformation may have propagated through the DND community?

Reply #22
I think I heard about the Kimoshu-GPS connection in the ROA forums actually.  Of course, that doesn't make it true.  Maybe I'll make a quick post over in ROA forums asking for clarification.

Reply #23
Right? :) Doing my best, but I've posted like this for over 15 years, hard habit to break and sometimes I forget. The answer below I consider to be short enough.

You are right, it was emotionally charged. I quite thoroughly said that it was and what emotions it was about and also said that it was not about anger or that DND is dead/dying, which you stated. I was utterly clear on what part made me feel something. I also specified what made me feel something and why, that is generally signs of self awareness.

You are free to think what ever you want about it, chances are I know more about myself than you do though. Thinking anything else is quite ignorant and conceited according to me. In regards to OP; no, it wasn't "I told you so" but how about reading in between the lines and checking post history? I've seen him saying that explicit and implicitly and I'm not basing my opinion of him on a single post.

If I've come across as a lier and a person that can't admit my mistakes and that is unaware of my surrounding you would probably right. I sadly have multiple professional opinions stating otherwise, but hey, I might be lying and sharing a quite personal fact for what ever reason.

Reply #24
If you don't want to see RoA advertisements on these forums, don't respond to them...
It's like people who complain Kardashians are on tv while watching the show.
85% /s

Reply #25
I'm not judging you as a person, just judging this one single post from you.

Just as you should be judging Bartlebe's post here, not dragging in old laundry from other posts he's made and getting everyone confused  ;)

Reply #26
I'm not defending RoA here just want to let you know that I used to be an exploiter and hacker for a very long time in UO. When I started running my server I didn't "cheat" a single for myself or anyone else, though I can't claim full objectivity when sending people to jail.

Being a retired exploiter actually made my server a lot safer than most, I prevented a lot of problem exploits since I had used most of them and knew where their weakness was. Think black hats becoming white hats.

EDIT: Added a few responses.

If you don't want to see RoA advertisements on these forums, don't respond to them...
It's like people who complain Kardashians are on tv while watching the show.
I'd rather say it is like talking to the cast and the producers, which has a point. I wanted to upvote your answer (but I can't at times for what ever reason). If I read it I will respond if I feel something or if I think I have something to contribute. If I don't read it I wont respond so I'll solve this issue the same way I did when I got stuck on hyld.

I'm not judging you as a person, just judging this one single post from you.

Just as you should be judging Bartlebe's post here, not dragging in old laundry from other posts he's made and getting everyone confused  ;)
We operate very differently on this:D I tend to consider everything I can remember and try to understand the motivation for it and who is saying it. Obviously I can't be right all the time but some information is better than none as long as you don't put to much trust in it or are to firm on it. I am sadly a very hard person to be around privately if I don't moderate myself or if you don't have a very specific personality. I've met around 4 people in my life that I can stand to be around privately if I'm not high, not including GFs and family. Chances are it is the same for many of them :D
  • Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 07:26:47 pm by makaveli

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
After releasing unencrypted client files to launch servers before DND, roa devs can go kill themselves, fucking jew kids

• Valar
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
After releasing unencrypted client files to launch servers before DND, roa devs can go kill themselves, fucking jew kids

Can you link me these? I want to download them.

Reply #29

Can you link me these? I want to download them.

Ancient history now. As I said, mistakes were made, fixed and progress was made. They took a lot of grief from everyone, including all of us RoA fans. If you think we've ever given them a pass, you are sorely mistaken. We put them on blast for it. But they've moved on and continue to try to improve.