Skip to main content

Topic: people start to realize what instant travel (teleportation) does to the game (Read 917 times) previous topic - next topic

people start to realize what instant travel (teleportation) does to the game

I've been saying it for a long time. I'm glad that people start to realize what a cancer instant travel is and has always been to Darkfall. @Ub3rgames good job at removing it from our Darkfall.

Re: people start to realize what instant travel (teleportation) does to the game
Reply #1

I've been saying it for a long time. I'm glad that people start to realize what a cancer instant travel is and has always been to Darkfall. @Ub3rgames good job at removing it from our Darkfall.

All BPG has to do is tweak it, and ROA wins over DND simply because the devs patch and communicate, and there is a population at all

Re: people start to realize what instant travel (teleportation) does to the game
Reply #2
All BPG has to do is tweak it, and ROA wins over DND simply because the devs patch and communicate, and there is a population at all
Your post makes zero sense. What does it matter if they tweak it or not? This thread is not about - omg look at RoA they done something wrong - it's about instant travel and how it is bad for Darkfall. Quite a lot of people asked for instant travel - so I thought an example of how it ends would make them think about it again.

Once again, @Ub3rgames - god bless your vision. Now give us a patch - you have a good product with a solid foundation.

Reply #3
It was clear from the beginning that ROA overdid it, but DND isn't much better with it's lack of supplementing features for local banking. All the things that would've made local banking good and fun are not in-game, instead we have local banking in the form of a chore and pain in the ass

• Valar
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
One guy said it, it must be true.

Reply #5
For him, yes. And it's not a guy. It's someone you would rather place on the heavy pvp focused side - and a good player if we are at it. For me it was interesting, as usually pvp centric players tend to ask for instant travel like it's a cure to Darkfall's troubles.
  • Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 02:10:05 pm by wildNothing

Reply #6
Follow the path to enlightenment.

In The Ub3r we trust.

• Valar
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
For him, yes. And it's not a guy. It's someone you would rather place on the heavy pvp focused player side - good player. For me it was interesting, as usually pvp centric players tend to ask for instant travel like it's a cure to Darkfall's troubles.

Looks like he's angry that he can't get 'even' fights in his eyes, which in reality are not even and the other players need to call in backup or die. He's basically angry there is a population.

Reply #8
Looks like he's angry that he can't get 'even' fights in his eyes, which in reality are not even and the other players need to call in backup or die. He's basically angry there is a population.
I'd say he's angry that there is a group that kills him and his buddies (zerging him probably, but this is not important). And with instant travel same group is able to be everywhere where the action is. This is the exact scenario instant travel always leads to - dominant group porting all over the place, always present where the action is, killing the fun for everyone else. This scenario played itself numerous times now with different iterations of darkfall.

Reply #9
"quit until they put in arena" is being overlooked....

He wants instant travel with arranged fights.

In New Dawn we want more utility and content to make travelfall actually work around real life.

85% /s

• Devil
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #10
Ah ya so much better hearing about a fight across the world from  your friends that you cant attend because its a 2 hour ride away.

Reply #11
Great games need to be enjoyable without a population, and benefit from more players participating. When there is a low pop in this game there is a lot of stress on the population in the form of time (time spent collecting materials, time spent maintaining holdings, time spent converting materials into equipment, so forth). So when you have mechanisms that rely on population to be sustainable (for the average gamer), but there are other reasons causing there to be low pop you have a compounded effect of a high stress environment with increasingly lower fun per time spent, until you get to where we are today.

The real dilemma is to identify a solution that would not have the negatives in any scenario, and my opinion is that the game should anchor from the single player experience first because this is a basic survival need. All of this is just discussion however, and I'm sure anything we discuss won't matter anyway but that's my 2 cents.

Reply #12

Boy oh boy. I see nothing changes over here. Still the same delusional fuqbois that havent got a clue.

1 extreme example of overdoing instant travel does not equate to instant travel is bad. I'd sit here and explain it for the 50th time but this game is 1 step away from shutting down, while RoA is legit thriving. Enjoy your walks of shame, morons.

PS: That guy is pissed that there is too many people playing the game so he gets zerged. Hows that for an "issue" with fast travel you delusional idiot.
  • Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 03:23:17 pm by Seronys

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #13
 "I'm glad that people start to realize what a cancer instant travel is and has always been to Darkfall"

How much clearer could he be... Lol!

Its not just animal, people quitting in droves over at RoA, after just one week back!

The age of The Ubermarc is coming.

• Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 03:31:42 pm by discombobulation

Reply #14
Its not just animal, people quitting in droves over at RoA, after just one week back!

Yea the 150 man siege that took place 2 days ago says otherwise bud. Nice try though.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.