Skip to main content

Topic: Let's just pretend... (Read 943 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Let's just pretend...
Reply #15
Guys... How is "population" an answer?

So NONE of us play because no one else plays?
Games fine, no problems. Big ass mystery to why no one will play?

U asked what it would take for us to come back, quite simply for me it would just be if there was bang to be had. Sure there are changes that should be made, the only change I see as needed is none rotating village timers, but rather certain areas as certain times.

Reply #16
Same as OP, it would take meaningful TC to get me back.

Unlike other posters, just having a healthy pop with bang is no longer enough for me.  There could be 2000-5000 concurrents and it would no longer bring me back.  Not without something meaningful to fight over.

Reply #17
Holy shit Ivar. At first i thought it was some good trolling by @SomeBK
But you really are off sucking BPG's dick.

You can't even respond correctly.

If i understand you right, you won't come back to New Dawn until you can only carry a single mount? Doesn't matter what else they complete?

I'd tell you to suck a dick but you're already deep throating

So you ask a question then can't handle the answer? Can you be more of a cunt?

Those things listed are part of EVERY FUCKING GAME TODAY in some form or other except the single mount limit which is a great idea.

No. I won't be coming back. If it picks up again or gets close I'll be RMT my account. And that's wishful thinking

Ivar,

All this shit you talk and that you wont play... yet here you are....

85% /s

Reply #18
All of you saying "game just needs pop" are just like the braindead restaurant owners in gordon ramseys kitchen nightmares "what's wrong?" "not enough customers" "but why?" "Durrrrrr". Game is extremely flawed on all lvls. Fix the game and people will come back
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #19
Please re-read what I said.

I'd personally enjoy myself well enough if there was more population. But to get more players in the game, they need to fix way too many things.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #20
All of you saying "game just needs pop" are just like the braindead restaurant owners in gordon ramseys kitchen nightmares "what's wrong?" "not enough customers" "but why?" "Durrrrrr". Game is extremely flawed on all lvls. Fix the game and people will come back

Are you a dumb fuck, this his orig question "What would it take for you to come back to New Dawn?", he did not ask what we think needs to be done with the game.

The game could have 100s of great patches and if there was no pop I wouldn't play.

Reply #21
But if you just feel game needs pop, you'd end up in the same boat as now.
I get the short sighted answer of I'd play if people were playing but it isn't realistic.

The "as is" state of the game will never get a pop.

But if i were to reword the population answer, basically it's:

"I'm content with the game right now. But to play again, there would need to be a patch with content or changes that attracted and maintained population. I don't know what that content would be, but I'll accept whatever change it takes so long as it's doesn't change the gameplay system i enjoy."
85% /s

Reply #22

Are you a dumb fuck, this his orig question "What would it take for you to come back to New Dawn?", he did not ask what we think needs to be done with the game.

The game could have 100s of great patches and if there was no pop I wouldn't play.
Holy shit you are one dense fucker. There's no pop because the game has taken way too fucking long to develop to a enjoyable state. The hype is gone and we're stuck with this stale shit. So no the game doesnt just need pop to be viable, it needs something to keep people around something else besides just travelling to the next village. smh
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #23
I answered the question asked, if you wanted a different answer, ask your question better, rather than insulting peoples answers. I am completely fine with how the game is now, sure there could be improvements, but if it had a population it would be a blast.

There are multiple reasons the game has a low population it isn't just the lack of patches. A major part of it is just the kinda game it is. Put quite simply people of your guys skill levels cant handle people of mine, so they get fed up and leave, then people like me get bored cause there is no one to fight.

Reply #24
Damn you sorrow for killing the game. If only you had never came back... We'd all still be playing. You figured it all out.
85% /s

Reply #25
In order for me to start playing semi-activly again?
Any sign that the server wont shut down in the next weeks and a patch to show the game is still being developed.

But if you want me to recommend this game to anyone who hasnt played any darkfall version yet.... i wanna see a new interface, fuck those brower things. Free trials or f2p-system, better grp pve viability, better beginners questline (current one is stupid, doesnt explain shit), territory control for clans and races, market overhaul with buy orders and only one regional market system per race territory and not 9 differnt ones.

Reply #26
There are several serious problems that make it difficult and maybe impossible for this game to do well, in no particular order these are as I see them:

- Huge time investment,  low "fun" : time ratio
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-Dead Economy

- Insufficient Information available

I could sit and talk about all the game's problems indefinitely, but what it really comes down to is that the game doesn't have the fundamental tools for people to participate, and the incredibly harsh conditions that people go through to enjoy the game ultimately ebbs away at the spirit. But to answer the actual question, there has to be consistent improvement of the game as a whole, the current pace is unacceptable (6 months? of nothing...)

Reply #27
This game could hold a good pop without significant additional content, if they didn't advertise with zero skill (same is true of any DF iteration).

But for me, that wouldn't be enough.  Game needs more than just pop to bring me back.

Reply #28
Holy shit Ivar. At first i thought it was some good trolling by @SomeBK
But you really are off sucking BPG's dick.

You can't even respond correctly.

If i understand you right, you won't come back to New Dawn until you can only carry a single mount? Doesn't matter what else they complete?

I'd tell you to suck a dick but you're already deep throating

So you ask a question then can't handle the answer? Can you be more of a cunt?

Those things listed are part of EVERY FUCKING GAME TODAY in some form or other except the single mount limit which is a great idea.

No. I won't be coming back. If it picks up again or gets close I'll be RMT my account. And that's wishful thinking

Ivar,

All this shit you talk and that you wont play... yet here you are....

Farmed Tuesday 11-27 or Wednesday 11-28 and it might have been even earlier in the week waiting for a buddy to log on for a trade.

I said a while ago the lists are broken but you were too busy then bending over backwards attacking things that I posted to pay attention probably.

Edit- I'm playing roa. It's not good but at least it's not going to get unplugged one day without a word from the devs

Reply #29
* Trust in uber.
* Knowing that the game wont die.
* That the communicate in a way that people has come to expect in modern MMOs.
* People staying longer than 5 months.
* Steady influx of new players.

I think those things are achieved by:
* Re-assume communication.
* Listen to the community before making THEIR decisions.
* Small patching, as proof of work and to establish trust.
* Full focus on what ever brings players, community involved.
* Then after that full focus on what ever makes the players stay. I think that might be warfronts, events, quests. Community involved.
* When above is achieved, market the hell out of this bitch.

PS:
I honestly doubt in that these people have worked as professional programmers for a longer period of time. If they have, I doubt their skill and experience. None of the above can according to me never be achieved with the current team.
  • Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 07:49:36 pm by makaveli