Skip to main content

Topic: Let's just pretend... (Read 910 times) previous topic - next topic

Let's just pretend...
Let's just pretend ub3r patches the game to 2.2.

What would it take for you to come back to New Dawn?

For me, 2.2 is no longer enough.
3.0 bindstones are probably not enough.

Once garbage men holdings are gone, i have no investment left in New Dawn. There is no incentive for conquest because I don't trust Ub3r will develop content in a reasonable amount of time. I expect another year to pass before a patch beyond 3.0

So to start...

In order for me to come back to New Dawn, i would need dynamic content such as warfronts and racial wars. Content where I can log in at any hour and make progress for my alliance or see in the map where to fight the enemy as they try to push their borders/towers.
85% /s

Re: Let's just pretend...
Reply #1

Once garbage men holdings are gone, i have no investment left in New Dawn. There is no incentive for conquest because I don't trust Ub3r will develop content in a reasonable amount of time. I expect another year to pass before a patch beyond 3.0

So to start...

In order for me to come back to New Dawn, i would need dynamic content such as warfronts and racial wars. Content where I can log in at any hour and make progress for my alliance or see in the map where to fight the enemy as they try to push their borders/towers.

For me all the game requires is people, if there was people to pvp I would be out there pvping constantly. I think there is enough people currently playing to a decent amount of pvp, it just requires us to live in one area, the problem with that is losing holdings, this has resulted in mostly alt capping villages.

Reply #2
Im happy enough with the way the game is now.  I would want more population then i might actually log in. 

Reply #3
Its no comming back from this.

Reply #4

So to start...

ALL THE BASIC SHIT ROA ALREADY HAS -

Moderated forums AND discord.
50+ Quest-task title system for new players.
Market system with craft orders AND be able to read the mat quality.
Single mount per character weight limit
UPDATED UI
cash shop F2P system
Name and Race change options
Item skins
CORRECT info in game that matches patch notes
ANTI-Cheat with ban page ********
Two-factor authentication for accounts

/I change my mind on the anti-cheat stuff RoA is using. They have an actual list of people banned. New Dawn has zero and I can't think of one guy who was banned for hacking. Because we didn't have an apparently....

• Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 08:53:42 pm by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #5
Holy shit Ivar. At first i thought it was some good trolling by @SomeBK
But you really are off sucking BPG's dick.

You can't even respond correctly.

If i understand you right, you won't come back to New Dawn until you can only carry a single mount? Doesn't matter what else they complete?

I'd tell you to suck a dick but you're already deep throating
85% /s

Reply #6
The list of things that need to happen for the game to be interesting to my group is far too long.

So I'll settle for a personal requirement which is "population". Now, getting to a healthy population would probably require far too many things.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #7
Guys... How is "population" an answer?

So NONE of us play because no one else plays?
Games fine, no problems. Big ass mystery to why no one will play?
85% /s

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
-plentifull ways to have short play sessions feel rewarding. (talking 15-30 min here)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-challenging game play outside of PvP

-More rewarding coop play options

-Less fucking tedium, which is kind of what all the above hint towards.

If those were in the game, there would be more things to do and it would make the spectrum of targeted players bigger. It would also allow players to ignore the tedium more, or be distracted better, which results in a broader audiance that may carry the burden together instead of letting it all rest on a few shoulders.
Dont get me wrong, alts will always hold a place in this game...but...fuck it...at least thats sub money once they turn that on again.

How you implement those into the game is ofc the challenge...
Which would be the job of a dev to come up with and implement.

So as for the suggested things...racial warfronts wouldnt do shit for me, because it means you either have to travel 10+ min to get to said warfront...or you live at the warfront and cant really PvE or harvest the city nodes or do a dungeon daily.
Can we stop putting all the eggs in one basket please?

Population...again...all the eggs in the pvp basket...When will you people learn that the game needs more than PvP to survive?

The mount thing wouldnt change anything, its very easy to just spawn a mount at the bank and then grab another mount for your inventory. Which means roaming groups get an advantage over those that are just out doing PvE and actually want to despawn their ridden mount.

Quests and titles for new players is pointless because there isnt enough information for new players to progress into the game at all.
But sure...after they get the New Player Guides down, and have made adjustments to the economy, coop play and content...go for quests and titles to diversify the options down the line.

moderating the forums is kind of a given, i feel like.
Same with buy orders, seeing quality of enchant, name + race change options.

• Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 09:49:31 pm by Nuyur

Reply #9
Holy shit Ivar. At first i thought it was some good trolling by @SomeBK
But you really are off sucking BPG's dick.

You can't even respond correctly.

If i understand you right, you won't come back to New Dawn until you can only carry a single mount? Doesn't matter what else they complete?

I'd tell you to suck a dick but you're already deep throating

So you ask a question then can't handle the answer? Can you be more of a cunt?

Those things listed are part of EVERY FUCKING GAME TODAY in some form or other except the single mount limit which is a great idea.

No. I won't be coming back. If it picks up again or gets close I'll be RMT my account. And that's wishful thinking
  • Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 10:19:39 pm by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #10
Nuyur gave a great answer.

Ivar, you're just throwing poop.
85% /s

Reply #11
...except the single mount limit which is a great idea.

How can a single mount be a great idea in MAGEFALL you fucking mong.
  • Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 10:10:48 pm by Nataz

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Ill be honest here though, im still playing a bit (almost) every day.
Part on my main, part on an alt when i duo farm.

So its not like im not playing, but if a game comes along ill try it...
Which is usually quite disappointing because its hard to make a game with a good core.
Hence why people keep making suggestions and bring idea's on how to make this game work.

Reply #13
Its not hard to understand the population answer.  Its boring to log in and play a mmo solo.  I like the pve in this game and I like the pvp in this game.  I play this type of game to play with people though.  So yes if nothing changed and there were people to play the game with I would log on. 

I think i have logged in 3 times this month but the previous month and every month prior i was playing about 4 hours every day. 

• Devil
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #14
I don't see a fault in Ivar jumping ship i mean shit I played launch here for a couple months and then left. I mostly just check the forums to see whats going on.... and in the last couple months its mostly been shit slinging and people leaving in droves. ROA has a lot of things going for it yea they are far from perfect but at least they participate in the community. ROA going free to play will be a nail in the coffin for DND when it comes to new players. No one is going to pay for an account when you can try basically the same game for nothing. At which point that person will be vested in a character on ROA and wont be interested in trying DND.

So I'm not sure how you fix the population at this point because your competitor is going to squeeze any new players if they had any. It basically forces DnD to plan on a F2P model if they plan on digging themselves out of this hole. at which point they will need anti cheat because free games are ripe for hackers especially since the source has been released.