Skip to main content

Topic: Italian full loot sandbox in development (Read 902 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Italian full loot sandbox in development
Reply #30

Reply #31
roffffffffffffl unity + improbable mmo

Are you saying that the engines are not good?

Reply #32
roffffffffffffl unity + improbable mmo

fun story the improbable guys took me out for drinks when they were very young, the founding ideas of their product included "gamedevs don't know how to write server code but we, brand new university grads, do", "gamedevs will want to use java because of JIT", "gamedevs will want to depend on us, brand new university grads, to manage all of their business critical infrastructure"

no major gamedev takes them seriously but the ceo's dad is an oil baron or something so his friends gave them 500m to piss away on an industry that doesn't want them

They don't have to target major gamedevs in the beginning, and with 600m funding you can hire anybody pretty much to do your bidding.

Unity caters to casual developers who want to make their own indie games, which has led to it's success. The reason we don't see that many indie MMOs is because the technical parts associated are much more complex. If they fix this, they could establish a significant position in the market - which is only growing now due to recent gaming trends supporting technology that mimics that of an MMO (PUBG and Fortnite at massive scales, Battlefield clones with higher team counts and larger maps etc.)

I'd definitely invest large chunks in them. Fuck. These guys are gonna be big in the next 2-3 years, gotta look out for an IPO.

EDIT: Currently 1k concurrent players, but at a massive map scale. Wonder if it can be optimized in some way to increase the count

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGWON5TtS04
  • Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 05:15:00 pm by Xipos

Reply #33
500k you mean?   500m seems improbable.

When you dont know what youre talking about for the 2389473890278347537--0 th time.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #34
500k you mean?   500m seems improbable.

When you dont know what youre talking about for the 2389473890278347537--0 th time.
Just doing my part to give you something to lash out at, so you can feel better about yourself.  I think of it as Community Service.  Beats picking up trash on the side of the highway.

Reply #35
You dumb cunts STILL haven't learned NOT to buy games from EU Game Development companies?