Skip to main content

Topic: Italian full loot sandbox in development (Read 903 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Italian full loot sandbox in development
Reply #15
I've ran a European UO free shard (on my free time) that I passed the torch on 2007. At that point the shard had an avg of 140-180 players a few minutes after a server reboot with peaks at 350-380 (it isn't a lot but considering the server type, it is).

Demographic was roughly 20% NA, 20% SA, 50% EU and 10% rest. That is more than this current version of DF on a game that at that point in time was 10 years old. It was me developing (I'm in the north), a french guy and a dutch guy. Even though the DF GFX is shit, UO comparatively at that time was a lot worse and had a lot older concepts. The shard was even niched to PvP and a very specific type of PvP. It had a lot of similarities to DF, even in reference to the community.

This shit has nothing to do with EU, these peoples are fags. Not fags as in the OK homosexuals, but fags.

Reply #16
The first server will be  in NA.

There will be  3 interconnected planet, one  for  carebear, one  for  alignment based pvp and one  for  free for all pvp. With local banking and limited fast travel.

I dont  know if they will be able  to implement  everything but  the game design is very clever and accurate.

The combat is like  Poe or Diablo.

Their goal is to solve the issues sandbox pvp based RPG have in their opinion. They aim  to retain sheep and wolfs without sacrificing the sheeps.

It is not an ultima online clone anyway.

Reply #17
I've ran a European UO free shard (on my free time) that I passed the torch on 2007. At that point the shard had an avg of 140-180 players a few minutes after a server reboot with peaks at 350-380 (it isn't a lot but considering the server type, it is).

Demographic was roughly 20% NA, 20% SA, 50% EU and 10% rest. That is more than this current version of DF on a game that at that point in time was 10 years old. It was me developing (I'm in the north), a french guy and a dutch guy. Even though the DF GFX is shit, UO comparatively at that time was a lot worse and had a lot older concepts. The shard was even niched to PvP and a very specific type of PvP. It had a lot of similarities to DF, even in reference to the community.

This shit has nothing to do with EU, these peoples are fags. Not fags as in the OK homosexuals, but fags.

if your in North America and were running the shard, it just proves what I'm saying. If Ub3rgames were from NA but based out of france we wouldnt have a problem. Its like an attitude or something.

Reply #18

if your in North America and were running the shard, it just proves what I'm saying. If Ub3rgames were from NA but based out of france we wouldnt have a problem. Its like an attitude or something.

You have your  NA version of Darkfall, do you like it?

I personally find NA games and most of the NA entertainment in general (and especially the cinema) extremely fake and superficial. Its a matter of taste I guess.

Also, I think that this kind of generalization are really not interesting.

Reply #19

I personally find NA games and most of the NA entertainment in general (and especially the cinema) extremely fake and superficial. Its a matter of taste I guess.

Was not talking design. I'm talking about basic 101 media business shit. Compare RoA discord and forums VS ND. Same amount of haters, the RoA guys just handle it like adults, ND hides like kids afraid to hear bad words directed at them. North America just produces better game companies, just thought it was an interesting observation

Reply #20

Was not talking design. I'm talking about basic 101 media business shit. Compare RoA discord and forums VS ND. Same amount of haters, the RoA guys just handle it like adults, ND hides like kids afraid to hear bad words directed at them. North America just produces better game companies, just thought it was an interesting observation

I can certainly agree that NA people are more used to deal with shameless and childish aggressivity.

Reply #21
Sorry I should have specified, by north I meant Scandinavia. We did actually have a NA dev that was shit, both in skill and time put in :p

In regards to the general sentiment about indie studios, I'm on a similar path though not fully there. Games I pick from now on will be based a lot more on the studio than it was before (DF x2). I myself have no numbers on NA vs EU but it doesn't seem impossible that the 3rd biggest country in the world in regards to population could produce better (this one is too fucking broad definition) games in general.

I do however think that with most things in the world quality is more important than quantity, even if game development is one of the most intensive fields within programing in reference to time spent on the project. I understand what you were saying a bit better now. You do not need to be in NA to scratch together 40 talented people for a studio. I, who don't even work in the gaming industry, know at least 10 people that could potentially (as in quite sure, but I have not seen the code) fix any issues this iteration of DF has.

I have not been critical with the sources:
https://nordic.businessinsider.com/the-nordic-game-scene-is-a-multibillion-dollar-industry--here-are-the-numbers-to-prove-it-2017-10/
https://www.thelocal.se/20171227/the-real-reason-malm-is-the-gaming-capital-of-europe-malmostad-tlccu

Reply #22
Sorry I should have specified, by north I meant Scandinavia. We did actually have a NA dev that was shit, both in skill and time put in :p

Roflmao

Reply #23
EU game companies are trash. NA game companies are also trash. Asian game companies are super trash.

This industry is in the garbage can. Time to find a new hobby gentlemen. At least being in NA we have the space and climate for great backyard gardening. I'll post pics of my peppers and tomatoes soon.
  • Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 06:50:49 pm by cutsmyself
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #24
I like my eggs over easy. I'm done with sunny side up. I'll keep an eye on scrambled.

Some dumb shit in this thread.
85% /s

Reply #25
A lot is actually on topic or related to the topic in some way if you disregard the fact that it is in general, but really, who gives a fuck?

Game or studio related: ~17/24
Talk about General forum: ~4/24
Random flaming/talk: ~3/24

Considering the fact that it is the ND forums and that it is pretty much pointless to discuss the game due to uber not reading the input, this seems like a pretty good use of a few mins per day if one could find a new game.

Reply #26
If that's too me, it's not about being in topic.

I'm referring to arguing of location of game studios.
85% /s

Reply #27
penis

Reply #28
roffffffffffffl unity + improbable mmo

fun story the improbable guys took me out for drinks when they were very young, the founding ideas of their product included "gamedevs don't know how to write server code but we, brand new university grads, do", "gamedevs will want to use java because of JIT", "gamedevs will want to depend on us, brand new university grads, to manage all of their business critical infrastructure"

no major gamedev takes them seriously but the ceo's dad is an oil baron or something so his friends gave them 500m to piss away on an industry that doesn't want them
  • Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:22:52 pm by trashsmasher

Reply #29
500k you mean?   500m seems improbable.