Skip to main content

Topic: Portal System + Gold Sink (Read 220 times) previous topic - next topic

Portal System + Gold Sink
Connect chaos cities with portals that cost some absurd amount like 100k or more per use with a long cooldown like 24h. One problem is that it takes so much time to move somewhere that even after you establish some base of operation it's too much of a hassle to use, since it might take you hour(s) to get there.

there are days where I don't get to play because the time I have to play I spend moving my character somewhere for the next day, and sometimes I just don't bother because it seems like it's not worth the effort.

Re: Portal System + Gold Sink
Reply #1
Maybe same thing with racial capitals but on a 12h cooldown

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
wahh give us altfallers who already have billions of gold some gold sinks so new players can stop playing

Reply #3
I have 1.5m and my alts sit in Charybdis for crafting but ok. That's the way the game is, but clearly you don't care about wearing things so alts are not a concern to you.

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
"gold sinks" dont matter when only altfallers fuck up economy moron LUL

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Well, i agree with you.
I also brought up this point before they removed fast travel options...and i was told i was wrong.

Maybe it would have been better to be wrong, but at this point ill tell you my log in routine.

Get online, empty the mine im next to while looking which villages go live (semi) close.
If no villages within 5 km (roughly 12 min of travel), see if i can actually play over an hour to do some PvE.
(if i cant, i just log off. If i can, it usually involves some afking to get things done)
If there are villages close enough, i head out and just afk at the village while getting the same things done.

Village capping isnt active play anymore, with how low the pop has gotten.
And the few times a group did show up, i just simply stayed in my hiding place because im not going to 1v5 rats(who would beat me in a 1v1 anyway), or simiran (who would beat me in a 1v1 anyway, they do go with lower numbers), same with omega pack and garbage men. I can maybe put up a fight, but as soon as its 2 there's literally no way for me to do that.

Then before i log off, i empty the same mine again to make sure it can be repeated the day after.

In DFO, i could runestone from anywhere to anywhere, at the price of a runestone, which meant i could, provided i had the logistics down, farm any monster anywhere for diversity.
If you add in local banking, and really really want that to stay. I would make a trip ONCE, to mark the runestones and bring 50 equipment sets. And ride back to have the runestones in my main bank. After that, i could go there...farm...and leave it all there untill i needed to restock or wanted to transport those goods to my main bank. (or...you know...believe in the market dream and just sell/buy locally...LOL)

So im stuck in a location farming only the monsters that are semi close by, because moving around in this game has become so tedious that id rather just log off instead. Which is what they wanted to achieve, but they had the idea that there would actually be people playing the game just to be those movers. They seem to be lacking, and as a result its drained the spirit out of those who do the normal gameplay of DFO.

*side note, i did say nobody would play the game just for that. But "if you build it, they will come".
I guess we arent done building just yet.

Reply #6
NO to instant travel in any form. Instead of adding more they need to remove what they added despite their promises that they wont. I'm talking about house 10km teleport range. Now personal or clan alts own houses and this allows main chars to teleport all over the map (invites). It's not only that (instant travel) - on top of that it's also not available to new clans (houses are mostly taken). A design flaw that you guys introduced with 10km house respawn - @Ub3rgames remove this shit.
  • Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 07:46:37 pm by wildNothing

Reply #7
@Ub3rgames remove this shit.

I agree .. ban Wildnothing ....

Reply #8
It doesn't necessarily have to be instant travel, but there does need to be some mechanic. I really don't see them patching the proposed road changes anytime soon, as far as I'm concerned it's just a concept that they have no means to implement. There was one idea about having your character travel over a time period while offline like if you were to take a train irl, can't remember where I heard that one. But the point is, the game as it is is not enjoyable, the conditions are harsh and only hardcores really stay with it. This game just won't go anywhere like this, too much time necessary for basic things, at the heart of which is a void economy compounding to the problem.

From what I remember Marc said economy changes such as buy orders would happen alongside crafting update, which sounded like it was at the back of the queue. Considering that we didn't get past bindstone quests and there's nothing else to talk about, it's looking like we can expect another year of deadness. So, what are we supposed to do in the mean time? I don't really feel like doing much more of this stuff, you probably know I've done enough logistics in this game to blow my brains out one day.

Reply #9
I agree with wildnothing, the game would be way more fun to play if i was forced to do practically nothing but travel instead of doing what i want to do

+1
Oh and also PLEASE reintroduce the walk of shame, noone ever complained about that
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #10
+1
Oh and also PLEASE reintroduce the walk of shame, noone ever complained about that
That got fixed by 10km bindstone range and introduction of mount figurines to NPC vendors. Adding 10km house-bind range on top of that is a problem because you can change houses on the fly without being at a house (while you have to travel to bindstone to bind there so it's a different story in case of normal 10km bind stone). @Ub3rgames

@VoQeles I get what you are saying and why have you suggested portals. I see the same problem as you and I agree it would be good to do something about it. But I disagree with the solution. It has been promised - no instant travel.

I would rather see automated traveling system. By that I mean you mark your destination on the map and system starts to autorun there (on foot or on a mount) but going around any mob spawns (not triggering them). So it might be longer than normal ride, but you could alt+tab and do whatever in the meantime. At any moment you would be able to alt+tab back and stop the autopilot. Maybe make it work only from fixed locations, so instead of portal network, you have road network that allows you to switch to autopilot if you are on the road and if you want to go to a location that is connected by roads to your location.
  • Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 06:53:12 pm by wildNothing

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Yes, anything to have accounts be logged into the game!
Surely, if people need to invest time on anything the total online time spend on this game will only go up.

There is 0 chance of tedium making people leave, as shown by the population there's currently.

This way, people will be out and about looking for those naked running people.
And all those PC's being on around the world running new dawn will make a real impression on potential investors who see countless players logged in doing nothing...but hey...they are online!

Reply #12
Connect chaos cities with portals that cost some absurd amount like 100k or more per use with a long cooldown like 24h. One problem is that it takes so much time to move somewhere that even after you establish some base of operation it's too much of a hassle to use, since it might take you hour(s) to get there.

there are days where I don't get to play because the time I have to play I spend moving my character somewhere for the next day, and sometimes I just don't bother because it seems like it's not worth the effort.
NO to instant travel in any form @Ub3rgames remove this shit.

No fast travel along with either of these extreme ideas were NOT the original plan.

It was supposed to be faster Road tiles, mounts with their own stam and a way to get around that wasn't super tedious. It's why majority of us agreeded to the way it went down.

No fast travel and fast travel only get you the same population =zero. You're supposed to try to find a happy medium when you make a game

Reply #13
bring back df1,morons