Skip to main content

Topic: Big Picture Games (RoA) is a better game company then Ub3rgames (New Dawn) (Read 2732 times) previous topic - next topic

Big Picture Games (RoA) is a better game company then Ub3rgames (New Dawn)
And manage their game significantly better.

I felt this deserved its own discussion thread because I don't think people realize the difference until you actually lay it out. It was really apparent once I played around with Rise of Agons (again) during their free-to-play. Which is still currently going on. And for the record I don't like anything about rise of agon's game changes, and will not be playing it.

If you remove the game design from both companies, including how they go about getting input for their game design and even include the giant fuck up big picture games had releasing the game source code, they are still a significantly better game company.

BPG (RoA)- Q and A's, free periods a play, attempted (still) to encourage guys to stream their game, moderate the official forums so does not resemble 4chan, have player community reps, attempt to advertise, attempt to ensure they have a cash model that allows them to continue operating (they have great items at unfortunately high prices in their cash shop). Added an easily to read page on their official forums with all their changes for new and returning players. Kept the official web page up to date with the current information. Continue to be interactive with their not official game Discord. I'm sure I'm missing some things...

VS

NOTHING...
Ub3rgames hasn't done a single thing besides code and patch. In-game information doesn't even match the changes and information given in the patches. The official web page isn't even remotely acurate on some of the most basic items -like they're no longer charging a subscription ( so people don't buy a 3-month sub thinking they need to).

I found the differences to be very interesting.

Edit- if the clowns at Uber games had done even a fraction of what big pictures games did since most of it just required time and probably very little, if any cost besides coding the cash shop because even I can code a webpage, the server population would be bigger today than it was at launch.

• Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 05:41:48 pm by Ivar_theBoneless

Re: Big Picture Games (RoA) is a better game company then Ub3rgames (New Dawn)
Reply #1
bring back df1,idiots

Reply #2
uber made good weapon switches,roa lag shit

Reply #3

That's game design.

I challenge anybody to name one thing @Ub3rgames  did as a company to support their product.

Reply #4
Ivar went full retard
85% /s

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
They do server maints every few days.
They keep bringing the server up after said maint.

I know its a short list, but...they do

Reply #6

That's game design.

I challenge anybody to name one thing @Ub3rgames  did as a company to support their product.

Marc did the interview for the Sandbox podcast, that is what sold me on the game when an old DFO clan member said they were thinking about playing.

Since then its been a steaming trail of merde. I've enjoyed my time in DnD but I wish it had a future.
  • Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:03:08 am by Alberton
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Chunder McBushpig
Token Horde Australian

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Reply #7
I think they are more active and aggressive in their development, but im not sure they are better overall. As said above they are very unfocused and are stacking issues over time which will continue to fester.

Reply #8
I think they are more active and aggressive in their development.

A snail is much more active and aggressive in their movement than, say, road kill.

Reply #9
I played both new dawn and RoA, (never played any darkfall before)

I gotta say.. it's really enjoyable right now.. just gonna drop this here because i haven't had this much fun in a while, and since it's free maybe people would enjoy some fun like i have the last 4 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhH8zz5zozE

• Devil
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #10
ROA devs are far from perfect but at least they are present. You can message several of them on discord and usually get a pretty quick response. The Devs stream/host events/ generally just try to have a good time with the community. One of them said they had 2 paid devs and 27 volunteers probably why they can have a lot more presence. 

Reply #11
Ivar went full retard

That's it? That's your dipshit comment on a subject that you can't really argue the other way because it's so contrasting and clear.

Nobody this time of year who played New Dawn would have said that big picture games would turn out to be a better game company than Uber games. But here we are  and your response to somebody pointing that out is that ....😑
  • Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:12:28 pm by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #12
They're both shit, why argue over it?

Reply #13
But titles and local banking! muh... Game plays and itself with them implemented! No need for devs :P

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Ivar is now fanboying the other game. Swinging from one sack to the next like Tarzan
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)