Skip to main content

Topic: Some balance suggestions / adjustments (suggesting for future, not right now) (Read 327 times) previous topic - next topic

Some balance suggestions / adjustments (suggesting for future, not right now)
Just putting out some suggestions I been thinking on, I probably will forget with time so better post it. I think these kind of changes could be put into patches individually as small balancing changes, giving enough time to evaluate the impact of the change before introducing more changes - this way you would only have to worry about 1 change at a time rather than 20 different changes at the same moment working against each other.

Reduce overall Magic potency by 2%
Remove negative bonus for mixing magic titles (for example Air + Fire wouldn't give each other -2%)
Convert 25% of bone magic bonuses to physical bonuses
Improve robe protections slightly to compensate for the above

Reverse battlespike bunnyhop change

Add option on vendor to enable or disable polearm knockback <- this is important for both mage and physical, the weapon right now is unusable for physicals because people just jump kite making polearm one of those weapons that can never finish a melee fight (you either lose melee or the enemy jump away on the knockback). Mages would still prefer the knockback though so option is necessary.

Improve secondary effects that were shafted by the balance patches, Pungent mist at 100, intensify 100, end game staff and the spell was still not effective - the thresholds for some spells are ridiculously high and need adjusting, very disappointing for people who invested a lot of time for a certain build to find it completely ineffective.

Re: Some balance suggestions / adjustments (suggesting for future, not right now)
Reply #1
stupid tards,df1 was totally balanced skillbased game

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: Some balance suggestions / adjustments (suggesting for future, not right now)
Reply #2
lol

Reply #3
Bone Armour already has enough physical protection.

Reply #4
If I understood OP's suggestion, he's not asking for higher physical prots on Bone armor, he's asking for reduction of magical traits and addition of some physical traits - to make it into a hybrid armor.
Which is not what I'd like to see...

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #5
If I understood OP's suggestion, he's not asking for higher physical prots on Bone armor, he's asking for reduction of magical traits and addition of some physical traits - to make it into a hybrid armor.
Which is not what I'd like to see...

Looking at it again I think you are right, it isn't overly clear though.

Reply #6
Reason to make bone hybrid? You can gear up 3 Thick 7 Bone and will have ~4-5 melee, ~8 magic traits. q3-q4 encumbrance = good hybrid mage

Reply #7
These are some numbers I found while building an archery melee hybrid build

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd just like something a bit less of a headache to work with, I don't want to make each gear bag based on whether I get lucky / unlucky with the feather. What doesn't really make too much sense is the scaling encumberance on the armor tiers, the 2nd tier with snowhide practically forces a Q5, when would you ever justify Q5 on snowhide.

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
kys mage shitter

Reply #9
Can't back you up on that one Aedryn. Hybridation come from mix matching armors and it's more flexible so.
A simpler solution would be to cap the med armor encumbrance at 42, like the bone armor encumberance is capped at 19.6 whatever the rank

Reply #10
Medium Armors are already capped at 42 encumbrance for a full set (everything from Studded and up has the same encumbrance per piece; the old crafting spreadsheet is wrong, as was pointed out in its thread, but was never updated)

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #11
Screenshots from ingame I did 2 minutes ago

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't really see them addressing it for a long time but the current build options you have is Q3 or Q4 thick / giant, and Q5 exarch / deinos. You could go through a lot more effort to make something in between but at that point you might as well be committing to q5 exarch deinos anyway.
  • Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 04:54:45 pm by VoQeles

Reply #12
wrong values in crafting window. When crafted they all have same encu.

Reply #13
Damn. Ok, thank you both wyverex and dirtyP

Reply #14
That's interesting, will have to check that.

I'm not really married to any of my ideas, it's more like a brainstorm of different things and some of these might be pointless in hindsight while others worth considering. Like I will never play full heavy again, unless there's battlespike bhop.