Skip to main content

Topic: Siege items (Read 402 times) previous topic - next topic

Siege items
I suggest to block storing siege items (spikes\cannons\repair shards and etc) in NPC city's

Some - totally (cannons\ships\warhulks)
Some partly (not more than X amount per player in 1 bank).

NPC towers should be not a unreacable shield for cowards. It only shoul protect casuals

Re: Siege items
Reply #1
I suggest to block storing siege items (spikes\cannons\repair shards and etc) in NPC city's

Some - totally (cannons\ships\warhulks)
Some partly (not more than X amount per player in 1 bank).

NPC towers should be not a unreacable shield for cowards. It only shoul protect casuals
This suggestion makes zero sense. You may have a point or not, but the solution you presented should go straight to garbage can. Next time please think before you suggest something.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
How would I siege my first holding?

Reply #3
This suggestion makes zero sense. You may have a point or not, but the solution you presented should go straight to garbage can. Next time please think before you suggest something.

Why only GM? It will work for every racial clan, who is living in NPC city's mostly and use player city's only for nodes

Reply #4

Why only GM? It will work for every racial clan, who is living in NPC city's mostly and use player city's only for nodes
What has GM to do with my answer?

Reply #5
This idea makes no sense and is in fact one of the most ridiculous ideas i have ever heard  :)) 

Reply #6
ofc, coz it will force you move everything from naergur to player city and be bothered to not loose the city again)

Reply #7
You already need access to a holding I'm order to make artillery. That's enough.

Storing it in a npc City, wild bank, chaos city, player holding... Doesn't really matter.

Ub3r siege rules are that you can't place cannons under protections of npc City towers.
85% /s

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
What has GM to do with my answer?

He read garbage CAN as garbage MEN, jumped to conclusions and doesnt realise that the only reason he's making this suggestion is because he wants to hurt a clan that emotionally hurt him in some way.

I dont even get why you are angry with DJ/the horde, but why force them to move a ton of shit onto the multitude of UNSIEGABLE banks that orc lands provides, between their large ammount of alt accounts, just so they can still spike your shit down from any one location.
The cannon suggestion part is the only thing that would be annoying......except you can log a player off with 500234750923745 cannons in his inventory in the same starter city you want to vacate them from and just trade them as you need.

Like...this suggestion does not accomplish what you want, and emotion has clouded your judgement far enough you dont realise.

Reply #9
Uber told us, that there will be not possible to log out with siege equip soon. I mean it will be same like in Conan exiles (character will stay in game)

Reply #10
Soon. Lol
85% /s

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Any game needs a safety net / starting point. Removing such functionality will do more harm than good.

You're looking at it the wrong way.

Problem: People whom own cities are using NPC cities.
Bad solution: Obliterate NPC cities and disregard collateral damage.
Actual solution: Make player holdings worth using by targeting the apparently lacking appeal and improving it. In this example case, a certain clans prefers the safety of NPC towers? Then do something to improve that, or alternatively, provide enough counter-appeal to make the risk worth it. UW for example offered a 5% magnitude and durability bonus to items crafted in player holdings.
  • Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 05:52:56 pm by Raap
Proud member of TD.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Uber told us, that there will be not possible to log out with siege equip soon.

In what patch sequence is that?
They intend to do something like this, because its a good idea...
But on a technical standpoint, which is what they first mentioned when this was brought up, its exceedingly difficult for them to keep the account online while you also have the ability to log in from any other device when the first has logged off.

There's a reason why you need to wait to log in after a crash or log out, the game needs to get you actually out before you can log in.

So, to me, this is something that is closer to 2025 than the present.
Which means, your suggestion does nothing and should be reevaluated.

Having said that, raap has a point.
Player holdings simply dont get used (a lot) because there's no upside and there are potential negatives....
Like, when erinthel got sieged....krisathel bank became very much filled...

Reply #13
Siege equip drops on a grave when you log out. You stay alive and keep other items. Technical standpoint: EZ.

Not so hard to figure out stuff if you want to. They are just stalling until servers run out, like AV did.