Skip to main content

Topic: Thinking about subbing - What kind of computer will it take? (Read 800 times) previous topic - next topic

Thinking about subbing - What kind of computer will it take?
Hey everyone - Was thinking about starting up again.. If I had every video setting on low, what kind of computer would I need?

Thanks!
Desperate Housewives
The Shadow Legionnaires

Re: Thinking about subbing - What kind of computer will it take?
Reply #1
One that was considered above average in 2009

Reply #2
And you are?
Desperate Housewives
The Shadow Legionnaires

Reply #3
GPU requirement is not that high.
Darkfall is mostly CPU limited, so any CPU with good single-threaded performance would do.

Experience says Darkfall prefers Intel + Nvidia... and obviously, at the very minimum 4GB RAM.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #4
Company running the  game is currently in liquidation. Company hasn't patched in 4 months and hasn't communicated in 2.

You should probably wait until update from Ub3r before spending your money or investing your time.

Any potatoe with a screen attached to it should be able to run this dinosaur of a game fine.
  • Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:25:49 pm by cutsmyself
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #5

Reply #6
Hey everyone - Was thinking about starting up again.. If I had every video setting on low, what kind of computer would I need?

Thanks!

In small group encounters my trashy $200 work notebook AMD 8 (2.0 hrz) can run it at minimum settings. The key is it's got 6 megabytes of memory which is the minimum for a trash PC if you want to run a game, even an old game. 4mb is too low and you'll start to bottleneck even more than you would normally at a trash PC

But like usual Intel and Nvidia is best. I've been running full shadows at Max settings on my i7 7700k with a 1070 I don't ever drop below my monitors refresh rate of 144.

Edit- there is no sub cost it's just the initial $10 client purchase and it's still the best game hands down versus any other game you going to find it that price point
  • Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 01:16:36 am by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #7
i5 2500k or better CPU and a gtx 560 GPU 8 gigs DDR 3 1600+ ram will run it well

Also I wouldn't buy the game UNTIL the Devs patch (they're way behind on it to the point where we don't even know if the game is going to be shut down)

Reply #8
Most current cheap gaming desktop could run a couple darkfall accounts before blue screening.  Wait for black friday/cyber Monday deals if u wanna build your own.

Reply #9
devs refuse to post anymore so it is entirely plausible that the game shuts down 1 second after you pay

all they have to do is log in and spend a few minutes typing like "we are still alive, debt negotiations are going ok we are in no danger of being shut down, although working on that has delayed the patch for some indeterminate amount of time"

@Ub3rgames you used to be so good at this cmon

Reply #10
Imperil talking about imperil

Reply #11
I upgraded from a AMD Phenom x4 950? to a Intel i5 3570 and there is a small yet noticeable performance increase high settings and default shader . However I still have to turn off Ambient shadows, otherwise inside cities frames per second drop below 30. If you turn down the settings you should be able to play with a less powerful processor.
Visually enhance your Darkfall experience
Reshade
Reshade Quick Installer

Reply #12
#1 requirement to have a good experience in ND as a new player in this current state is brain damage, not a decent computer. If you also like to be despised and ignored by the people that are "working" on this game then that will also be a big plus for your enjoyment.

Reply #13
Imperil talking about imperil
You have mistaken whitechapel for suncross sunchapel.  Though, whitechapel may have also spent some time in imperil as well? 
@Suncross no longer has interest in this iteration or of roa.

Side note: i have suspicions this is a troll thread.
  • Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 11:13:42 am by Mordisk

Reply #14
One that can take you back in time to when there was population.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.