Skip to main content

Topic: WTB Pinnace or similar value ship (Read 717 times) previous topic - next topic

WTB Pinnace or similar value ship
Hoping to buy a ship of similar size and value to a pinnace. I want to test out a fish box next week, it's something I have never done. Thanks in advance.
Vynn-Former Leader of Adamo Aetas (AA) from DF1, DF-UW, Mortal Online, and about 40 other mmos....

Re: WTB Pinnace or similar value ship
Reply #1
waste of time. 1h of fishing will give you alot of regular fish +~60 seaweed. You need 5 seaweed for 1 craft.
Drop armor is low lvl 99% .

Waste of time....And you cant get lobsters from the nests...

Reply #2
Sad, the boat aspect of this game has always had SO much potential and been SO neglected.

It's like Darkfall is an abused lover who goes from one bad relationship to another, and another, and another.

Reply #3
If you're wearing full dragon and you're not using stat food that's stupid, even if the food costs 3k but gives you 10 hp that matters when your gearbag is worth 300k +

Well, you can say it's not time efficient or whatever, but in tournament you would use stat food, and in siege you should probably use it too.

Reply #4
waste of time. 1h of fishing will give you alot of regular fish +~60 seaweed. You need 5 seaweed for 1 craft.
Drop armor is low lvl 99% .

Waste of time....And you cant get lobsters from the nests...

TBH, I actually know. I just want to do it, since I haven't before. I spend a lot of time semi afk gathering anyway, and I want to try it and it could potentially be something worthwhile someday if the game survives, and Like Voq says, some people swear by it. I used to love dredging in UW, it was very ...relaxing? So it is not a for profit thing, though I would like to do something with the 80 cooking skill. I'd rather the seaweed be a rare drop in ocean tiles like steedgrass is for herb bushes, and I'd like to at least see what the seeweed tile looks like lol. it's one of those, I don't need to do this, one of those it's a waste of time things that I want to do anyway lol.
Vynn-Former Leader of Adamo Aetas (AA) from DF1, DF-UW, Mortal Online, and about 40 other mmos....

Reply #5
If you're wearing full dragon and you're not using stat food that's stupid, even if the food costs 3k but gives you 10 hp that matters when your gearbag is worth 300k +

Well, you can say it's not time efficient or whatever, but in tournament you would use stat food, and in siege you should probably use it too.

Does stat food actually do anything if you already have 100?  I know that Marc claimed it did long ago, but when I tested Hymn of Swiftness on someone with 100 base QUI, the increase in swing speed was barely recordable (over several 30 second swing tests).

Reply #6
Does stat food actually do anything if you already have 100?  I know that Marc claimed it did long ago, but when I tested Hymn of Swiftness on someone with 100 base QUI, the increase in swing speed was barely recordable (over several 30 second swing tests).

Attack speed is hard to quantify, but you can easily see 10 extra stamina and understand that to mean 2.5% extra to total stamina pool (of 400).

The most obvious example would be if you had a 1 vs 1 with the same build and you were both equally matched, let's say you both land every shot you fire, one player runs HP enchant + stat food buff for +30 hp, the player without the buffs will be forced into defense because of the hp lead.

It's not a big bonus no, but it's how it fits into the whole picture, if your ragging with suicide gear then obviously stat food is the last on your to buy list. But if you're in snowhide, dragon bone, infernal... your gear bag is probably over 150k in value so why go cheap on the food? Well that's what I think but people are entitled to their own opinion.
  • Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 07:52:15 am by VoQeles

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #7

Attack speed is hard to quantify, but you can easily see 10 extra stamina and understand that to mean 2.5% extra to total stamina pool (of 400).

The most obvious example would be if you had a 1 vs 1 with the same build and you were both equally matched, let's say you both land every shot you fire, one player runs HP enchant + stat food buff for +30 hp, the player without the buffs will be forced into defense because of the hp lead.

It's not a big bonus no, but it's how it fits into the whole picture, if your ragging with suicide gear then obviously stat food is the last on your to buy list. But if you're in snowhide, dragon bone, infernal... your gear bag is probably over 150k in value so why go cheap on the food? Well that's what I think but people are entitled to their own opinion.

or you could just play mage with another mage, toptier gearbags cost <10k with free otherbuffs

you can wear full q5 dragon with stat food but it still wont protect you from perma-cc or help you kill flying mages before they bhop 2 times and mount up to escape

metal armor should give debuff duration/magnitude protection too so naked water mages cant autowin fights against dragonsets because LOL 10 MINUTE MELEEARCHER SLOW

Reply #8
Stat food add:
+7hp (+7 vit) OR +15 mana (+7int) OR +3HP (7str).

Int Food add 0.3 damage per spell, same for str and dex. Does it worth to use such 10 min food? Yes you can stuck all this buffs for a while but still....Better put +25hp enchant

Reply #9
If your stat is at 100 it wont buff over that. If you're at 99 then it'll buff you above 100. Shit is broken.
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #10
not true .. 100 strenght and a swordfish sushi leads to 105.8 str  and 2 more hp

Reply #11
woot? heading out to local sushi restaurant right now!

Reply #12
not true .. 100 strenght and a swordfish sushi leads to 105.8 str  and 2 more hp
Then they've ninjapatched it. Wasn't like that before
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #13
it was always this, since DFO....