Skip to main content

Topic: Incoming game shut down. (Read 4183 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Incoming game shut down.
Reply #105
I mentioned the rumors to Marc last night during a gm help. He said people aren't understanding LLC
I hope you replied that people also don't understand Marc/Ub3r

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #106
I mentioned the rumors to Marc last night during a gm help. He said people aren't understanding LLC
Did you tell him he isn't understanding the basic concepts of running a business?

Overhead must've skipped his mind
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #107
I don't point out, or mention, or try to rationalize anything anymore. I'm still trying to figure out the "community" vs the community.

I don't ask for ETA. I don't ask for what we can expect.

At most I mention an issue and follow up by asking them to do what's best for the game the best they can. I'm long done banging my head on a brick wall.

Only issues i even bring up anymore are bugs or broken oversights like unable to loot enemies allies if they're blue in a siege and time consuming consumable crafting times.
  • Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:20:34 pm by Pallist Horror
85% /s

Reply #108
It's not game over for Ub3rgames, most likely they're operating with the intent to salvage the company from liquidation. Even though at this stage there are limited options, there are still quite a few to select from. It's only over when its over, until then we dont know and probably neither do Marc or the Liquidator.

Considering the situation things can turn bad very fast, but Im inclined to believe that all parties involved are looking at it as a matter than can be solved.
  • Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:33:56 pm by Nataz

Reply #109
Hot Take: Ub3rgames rights the ship financially and "relaunches" in Q1 2019 via a nice patch/expansion met with great success (by Darkfall metrics)

Doomers BTFO

Reply #110
Smurf did you drink the kool-aid? Nothin but doom is destiny for Darkfall
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #111
Someone please tl:dr why this shit thread got extra 4  pages out of a sudden.

tldr:  Ivar re-read the litigation documentation, and interprets with 100% certainty that there is only one possible outcome.  Further, anyone who believes there is any grey area is fucking retarded and a fucking idiot.

Ivar, did I get all the salient details?

The reading comprehension on this forum really makes me question today's education level. Did anybody happen to go back and re-read what Ub3rgames said? or read what a "winding up" in a liquidation ruling means? I'm a huge fanboi' but I dont let that blind my brain. They confirm literary everything I said.

9/15 @Nataz @Asdrael
Once the judgement is gone through (which is did and why he mentions appeal on the 18th), a lot of options are shut off, but the procedure is extremely slow, especially in case of an appeal.
We can obtain a full authorization of operation during that process and we've read of simple cases lasting months to years.
But again, too soon to tell how it will turn out.

"9/18 The person in charge of the liquidation seems willing to help resolve the situation.
In the short term, all former debts are frozen, and all new expenses regarding running the business can be paid.
It just has to go through supervision and a plan has to be formulated to work on the frozen debt while not creating new ones.
Appeal may not even be necessary, as this new plan seems far more desirable. Further meetings will occur on Thursday and the coming weeks.

However accepting the liquidation and carrying on under a different tag would be seen as tax/debt evasion. Not really an option.
Maybe for the employees, but Marc would be out for sure.

He is referring to appealing the ruling (judicial liquidation "winding up") that I linked. And counting on the whole process (even without appeal) taking a long time which they will continue to operate. If you notice, he doesn't actually say they just have to pay it all back and everything goes back to the way it was, which you would if it was just a set monetary cost and not a court ruling bound by a set of instructions that ends with the dissolution of the company. So ya, please point out that "grey area" for me, because appealing the ruling is the only out and pretty clear cut if Marc wants to continue with the Ub3rgames banner, which if you have noticed they have not mentioned they are appealing in 2 months.....

There is a list of things only Marc seems to understand like:

-which global market for online games is bigger, North America or EU? (not that I cared but knew their answer was complete bullshit)
-Not mentioning the reason for not charging monthly sub's till somebody mentioned it on the forums? or changing the web site to reflect that? Because "they made enough money in pre-sales"? (again knew their answer was bullshit but didnt care)
-limiting communications from Ub3rgames to just specific people "in game with the gm_help" feature so nothing is official? (no clue)

But ya its "us" that doesn't understand. That guy sounds like Tasos more and more every day.

EDIT-  hold on a second I remember another lie Marc insisted was the truth for months before finally admitting it's not. Remember when they insisted melee reaches between races wasnt equal? Till months later coming up with a number that you can't actually measure in game? lol
  • Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 02:26:35 am by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #112
Just stop @Ivar_theBoneless , you're clueless, as always. As in everything, its not over before a close done.

Reply #113
Just stop @Ivar_theBoneless , you're clueless, as always. As in everything, its not over before a close done.

You should talk to your nov 5 self. Try to get on the same page internally

#18 - November 05, 2018, 03:03:16 pm
Its a weird timing for Marc to conclude that he is not gonna speak to the "trolls" anymore, the trolls that informed him that his company is in liquidation. This ship is going down, 100%, and probably quite soon.

Its radio silence cause there isnt any good news and most likely bad news, very bad news. Makes me wonder if the server is still up out of stubborness and pride.

At least you're a fucking idiot to the end Nataz

Reply #114
Nerf wof
85% /s

Reply #115

No

You manifest failure with your low energy

Reply #116

No

You manifest failure with your low energy

Psh newage mumbo jumbo.

The reality.

Ub3r's low energy manifested their failure.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #117
Hot Take: Ub3rgames rights the ship financially and "relaunches" in Q1 2019 via a nice patch/expansion met with great success (by Darkfall metrics)

Doomers BTFO

I'm pretty sure if they were shit out of luck by this point there would be no reason for silence. What can they really gain, a few 100 euros in client sales? Makes no sense, makes more sense they are working on a big patch and dont want to admit we wont be seeing anything until after New Year and so they say nothing.

Reply #118
Who is hosting DND now?

I assume it was originally Psychz Networks but they don't operate out of Paris.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Chunder McBushpig
Token Horde Australian

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Reply #119
well this is all very amusing.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.