Skip to main content

Topic: Astrolabes (Read 1279 times) previous topic - next topic

Astrolabes
Hi all. I was told that they no longer drop off the bonecrew Captains, is this true? Is the Krak and drag the only way now? Someone else just told me they still do drop at a low rate. Anyone know for sure?
  • Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 06:32:45 pm by Longhairdfreak
Vynn-Former Leader of Adamo Aetas (AA) from DF1, DF-UW, Mortal Online, and about 40 other mmos....

Re: Astrolabes
Reply #1
Last I checked, they still drop from Bonecrew Captains (low chance though).
Best way to check yourself is open in-game map, CTRL+F, type "Astrolabe" and press Enter

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #2
Oh shit, of course. Thanks Wyverex. Brain damage is showing again and also my brain damage is showing again..
Vynn-Former Leader of Adamo Aetas (AA) from DF1, DF-UW, Mortal Online, and about 40 other mmos....

Reply #3
Lol, well it says it is a loot item, but at 0%. Does that mean it does NOT drop, or that it is just less that 1% (someone told me it was .5% or half a percent drop chance, originally)

Reply #4
Values shown on the map are truncated (nothing after decimal point is shown).
So the chance could be anything between 0,1% and 0,9%.
Most likely it is 0,5%

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Values shown on the map are truncated (nothing after decimal point is shown).
So the chance could be anything between 0,1% and 0,9%.
Most likely it is 0,5%

Aren't those numbers rounded up? So 0.9 would show as 1 and 0% means 0-0.5%.
We'll never know I guess.

Reply #6
Well ice dragon is 50% and kraken is 5% so I would guess Captains are .5%.

Reply #7
I'm pretty sure it's less than 0.5 because from various kill counts you would expect 1 in 200 kills but it's probably more like 1 in 400/500/600

Reply #8
Statistics is a bitch.

With a chance of 0,5% you'll get one Astro per 200 kills on average, but that does not mean you'll get one on the 200th kill.
But, to have 99% chance probability you get at least one Astro you should be expected to kill up to 919 captains.

If my mind is not completely bonkers yet, math is as follows:
(1 - 0,5%)^n = (1-99%)
Where "n" is the number of kills needed, "0,5% or 0.005" is the drop chance, and "99% or 0.99" is the probability we're aiming for.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  • Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 09:12:44 am by Wyverex

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
But why not have FUN and spend two hours killing an ICE DRAGON for that sweet, sweet, 50/50 chance of getting something, or nothing!

Also: ND effectively removed ships and all related content, to be replaced with a wealth of new content, next patch (ETA early next week).
Proud member of TD.

Reply #10

Every grave it's a separate instance of a 0.5% chance.

There is no way to create a 99% probability. The last result is not a factor of the next result.

85% /s

Reply #11

Every grave it's a separate instance of a 0.5% chance.

There is no way to create a 99% probability. The last result is not a factor of the next result.

He did not give probability of any 1 kill giving a lab he gave the number of kills you would need in order to have a 99% chance 1 of them will give you a lab.

Typical forum faller who cant read cant think doesnt know what hes talking about and then uncorrects someone who actually does.

Reply #12
Every roll is a separate instance of a 1 in 200 chance.

The last roll is not a factor in the next roll.

You can't create a 99% probability.
85% /s

Reply #13
Every roll is a separate instance of a 1 in 200 chance.

The last roll is not a factor in the next roll.

You can't create a 99% probability.

Its one thing to get it wrong the first time but even after I explained it to you, you still come back to spread the dumb.

Reply #14
If it's the first bonecrew or the 919 bonecrew, every individual bonecrew is an independent 0.5% chance.

If you kill 918 bonecrew without ever getting an astrolabe, the 919 is still a 0.5% chance.

It's pure luck.

Please don't play roulette. You'll go broke.
85% /s