Skip to main content

Topic: Are we really going into November without a courteous update Ub3rgames? (Read 3204 times) previous topic - next topic

Are we really going into November without a courteous update Ub3rgames?
@Ub3rgames even if the update is "we've suspended all development while we continue to work out problems on the business management side".

Take the fucking time to write a three-sentence " we're working on it" " we're not working on it we're in a holding pattern" " we have some serious issues with the latest changes we can't get fixed and it's delayed due to low Manpower" " blah blah blah" a two minute update followed by "we will not be following up with answering questions".

Who the fuck cares what the community says afterwards.  It's the internet. Anybody working in multimedia will tell you the second you start reading the comments you're DOA. You've got to keep pushing forward.

By going past the 'general window of time' that people who defended you expected to eventually hear something you're just reinforcing the perception that the game is in the process of shutting down.

~ and Mark I know that we've spoken in game but I don't want to hear "Bob's wife's cousins neighbor spoke to you and said such and such about the update" we all know that's ridiculous so just knock it off, man up and give us an idea of what's going on.

Re: Are we really going into November without a courteous update Ub3rgames?
Reply #1
They're trying to condition us.
They want us to be trained to think it's they don't give an update, assume nothing has changed since last update. In that, they said they're working on a patch and until otherwise stated, they're still working on a patch.

So what are our options? Organize a player strike to send a message?
Can't even do that because med costs on holding.

We either quit completely or continue to grow animosity towards ub3r. They don't understand that though because numbers and "community" vs community
85% /s

Reply #2
its actually really SAD UBER.
WHY?

Reply #3
I've long had the suspicion that Darkfall is so spaghetti that when developers open the portal into the hell of Spenefett they become the likeness of Tasos himself.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Mmm, i don't know what to think after all that time passed, i'm a bit worried, but i have no regrets whatever will be the result, i'm glad i supported these devs and the relaunch of DF from so many years.
DFO still a huge piece of software, something "revolutionary" that no one was and still not able to replicate even with the actual technology, the best 3d engine open world ever created. I'm glad i take part in all this, from DF1 to DnD, and who knows what the future will be, but something is for sure, DF will never die because is already a legend. Go ahead guys!
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
They're trying to condition us.
They want us to be trained to think it's they don't give an update, assume nothing has changed since last update. In that, they said they're working on a patch and until otherwise stated, they're still working on a patch.

So what are our options? Organize a player strike to send a message?
Can't even do that because med costs on holding.

We either quit completely or continue to grow animosity towards ub3r. They don't understand that though because numbers and "community" vs community

You're onto something :)
twitch.tv/KenMan

Reply #6
Let's organise a Demo in every racial capital. Or just in Espenhal, then we'll see how many people are really still playing.

Reply #7
They check their own forums every ten days or so, the futility factor is very high here.

Reply #8
I'm more concerned about the long term. Darkfall needs fresh blood and new players to occupy Agon and not quitting before they leave their racial lands. Perhaps Darkfall is too niche and if it cannot keep new players before or now, will it ever? Will a proper Tutorial or even a Newbie Island help? I do not know. The game doesn't have the best prior history and both respective versions now are considered dead.

I mean, I just don't know if both of the the rebooted Darkfall's will ever keep a sustainable player base. You will always have your hardcore fans on each side, but we need to build upon the population and not keep 100 (probably less) players on each version somewhat satisfied with minor patching. Ub3r are great coders, but their marketing and communication sucks big time. They don't even advertise that the game is currently Pay to Play...all potential new players still think it requires a subscription.

I hope I am wrong for the future of Darkfall, but I will remain not very hopeful unless some major changes happen.

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
almost time to login to my daily sea village

Reply #10
@Ub3rgames

~ and Mark I know that we've spoken in game but I don't want to hear "Bob's wife's cousins neighbor spoke to you and said such and such about the update" we all know that's ridiculous so just knock it off, man up and give us an idea of what's going on.

@Ivar_theBoneless

What did Marc told you?
  • Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 02:58:28 pm by sileno80

Reply #11
bought a year sub and my friend  as well, brought a whole clan of people in a few days before launched., the failures of Ubr to deal with stupid as fk game mechanics, and only supporting 1 playstyle along with failing to get the patches out to us..most of which should have been actually been patched in before launch.....made every single person i brought to this game...quit.  
    really Uber thanks for appreceating my money i gave you to GET BLOODY ON WITH IT.....and what did you do, threw it down the drain after trampling on it.   and resting on fake laurals while on Vacation.
   nobody i brought to the game will ever come back because you abandoned this game when it needed you most to sit on yer asses spending the money you failures

Reply #12
bought a year sub and my friend  as well, brought a whole clan of people in a few days before launched., the failures of Ubr to deal with stupid as fk game mechanics, and only supporting 1 playstyle along with failing to get the patches out to us..most of which should have been actually been patched in before launch.....made every single person i brought to this game...quit.  
    really Uber thanks for appreceating my money i gave you to GET BLOODY ON WITH IT.....and what did you do, threw it down the drain after trampling on it.   and resting on fake laurals while on Vacation.
   nobody i brought to the game will ever come back because you abandoned this game when it needed you most to sit on yer asses spending the money you failures

top kek
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #13
This is the hardest abusive relationship I've ever been in.  Sadly, I just can't push it away.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
This is the hardest abusive relationship I've ever been in.  Sadly, I just can't push it away.
Clock be tickin' though.
Proud member of TD.