Skip to main content

Topic: Remove -10 on title switch. Add 12hr cooldown instead (Read 454 times) previous topic - next topic

Remove -10 on title switch. Add 12hr cooldown instead
Stop punishing people for trying new things.

Remove penalties from switching titles and don't make titles degrade for combat titles.
Reward the players who try everything.  They're still required to level all the stats and skills.
Allow people to play different styles without having to buy alts.

Who fucking cares if Joe shmo is mage today and melee tomorrow. With the current system you're more likely to to face Joe Shmo the mage with Alt Shmo the melee sitting inside the keep.

Worst case of abuse is people smelt iron, cut wood, and make meat jerky between builds. All of which shouldn't require a title anyways.

I like combat titles. I like roles and diversifying. I like abilities being locked out.

Altfall is stupid. It's pay2win bullshit. This isn't a visionary system. It's borderline cash grab. The scale system, the node system, the craft system, the title switch penalties.
  • Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 05:22:30 pm by Pallist Horror
85% /s

Re: Remove -10 on title switch. Add 12hr cooldown instead
Reply #1
go play LOL, this is MMORPG.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2

UW was mmorpg too and you could switch skills every 10 seconds or so. That they actually made good.

Reply #3

UW was mmorpg too and you could switch skills every 10 seconds or so. That they actually made good.
UW was like an arena shooter. DND is first darkfall that actually might become true mmorpg. So I hope they will not make a mistake of turning it into yet another arena shooter (but dated).
  • Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 06:04:08 pm by wildNothing

Reply #4

Yes, because owning 2+characters is WAY more mmorpg than having 1 that can swap between roles. What the fuck you even getting at?
So mmorpg is paying for 3 subs? Being able to self scale spawns, alt mine nodes, craft things for myself, because i pay more money?

Every clan you've been in,
Every city you've live in,
Every crafter you've ordered from,
Every siege you've been a part of,

All are benefitted substantially by alts.

YOU go play darkfall according to your vision. You find a group of like minded players who don't own alts. Who don't abuse nodes. Who do it the vision way without any pay2win.

I've tried it. I've experienced both styles. This game is altfall and your argue against those trying to stop it because you really think the vision is possible. This is a game and mechanics to avoid pay2win are what we need. If i could clone myself in real life for 12 bucks i would. Reducing the benefit is what we need in darkfall. Reduce the mechanics that encourage it are what we need.
85% /s

Reply #5
maybe wait for them to introduce subscription before you suggest such drastic changes to the game just because when there is no subscription people run alts...

Reply #6
It's still advantageous and pay2win in design after subscriptions.

Reduce benefits from alts. Encourage people to play 1 character more.
85% /s

Reply #7
I guess it has always been and it always will be advantageous to have alts in mmorpgs. Does not mean that you have to use alts. I don't.

If you can't live with skill cap - well, then this game is not for you, as skill cap has been advertised since the start. Skill cap that can be changed with no penalties or effort every time you want is a straight path to arena shooter. As I said, I'd rather play mmorpg game.

They already went too far imo with combat books. They should be more rare. Books allow you to change on the fly and immediately unlock ALL abilities of a new title. And still here you are crying.
  • Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 08:11:18 pm by wildNothing

Reply #8
Food for thought:
In WoW I only had 1 character leveled even though I could freely make characters of other classes and swap between them (never simultaneous). While limited to the 3 specialization trees of my character, i could just pay gold and switch out my play style. If i was max level, i could switch to a max level play style of say a defense tank or offense melee. I could respect back and forth depending on what i wanted to do.

In Age of Conan I only had 1 character, same as WoW on restrictions to more. Same system where i could just respec to vary up my game.

At no point did I ever feel compelled to buy a second account to have 2 running at the same time in either game.

In fact, in NO other game I've played have I ever felt the need or want to run a second account at the same time.

In DFO i never felt the desire to have a second account. There was no scaling, no individual resource nodes.

So maybe you could say there are advantages to owning multiple accounts in all mmorpgs, but NOTHING quite like what dnd has become.

If ub3r removed individual resource pools from nodes, revamped spawn scaling to be dynamic difficulty, and allowed characters to Respec titles without penalty (add cooldown, add gold cost, idc), and added profession slots for mastery crafts with basic/consumable crafting for everyone, I think you'd have a much more enjoyable mmorpg experience to the vision you want.

But you think what ub3r gods released must be perfect. Right? Because their vision is unquestionable. Yet superior intellect have they shown since launch?
Untested mechanics day1
Village rewards making Islanders rich to this day
Rare ore golems benefiting those who got it before the last patch (thousands of rate ore, no joke).
They changed village timer system and made it worse
No warfronts in any reasonable time
No watch towers in any reasonable time
Resources shifted to bindstones quests that are months late ...

So why is it considered crying if you can't see ub3r had been bumbling along for months now.

Ya, you don't have an alt. But as addressed earlier, you enjoy all the benefits of them with the clans you are in and gear you wear.
Until you go alt free, in a clan that is alt free, where you don't but gear from clans that use alts... Don't bother arguing this. Please go experience it.
Again, I DID THE VISION with no alts. No allied clans. People with main characters who had combat and crafting. Slowly grinding out ore. Farming mobs for timber without scaling alts. I was oblivious to the advantages of alts until we got a member with 3 alts.
Then when jiron sold us thousands and thousands or iron ore that would have taken us a month to farm. How did he do it? Alts on a mine.
Garbage Men played the vision, your vision. And it's broken shit so long as the existing advantages of alts exist.
  • Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 04:29:54 am by Pallist Horror
85% /s

Reply #9
But that will break my imershun! You dont see the vishun go play roa or wow! If you can have fun it means its not an mmorpg!
Lmao wildnothing/dirty paws is the biggest carebear vishunboy ive ever seen
@wild people with opinions like yours are a big reason the game is so shit today, but hey, we want mmorpgs not less restrictions and more fun, please keep preaching
  • Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 09:52:19 pm by inkarnation
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #10
@Pallist Horror show me the line where I told that the game is perfect. You won't find it. So stop acting like me opposing your idea is based on me thinking the game is perfect. Your suggestion is simply shit.

You can farm title books or buy them for how much, 5k per? They cost nothing. Yet here you are crying. You'd rather have it for free. Without need of someone farming them, someone putting them on market. You would just strip game of another activities in the name of stupid idea that actually takes few things from the game while introduces nothing but instant title skill ups from 50 to 100.

Terrible, short sighted idea. Champions patch that introduced books was a very good addition to the game, yet here you are suggesting something that would remove part of added content because immediate unlocks of titled skills and skill at 50 is not enough for you. This community is so fucking dumb that ub3rgames would be better not listening to us at all.
  • Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 10:48:37 pm by wildNothing

Reply #11
I fully agree with a 12 hour switch on Combat Titles, instead of a 10 pt penalty.

I think 1-2 dedicated craft titles and also making trivial crafting possible by anyone (at a penalty) would be a good change.

If those are in, I don't think Altfall is the game's worst feature, as long as Game Time Tokens allow poorer players to trade their time for my money.

And none of this will matter in two months when the server shuts down.

Reply #12
@Pallist Horror show me the line where I told that the game is perfect. You won't find it. So stop acting like me opposing your idea is based on me thinking the game is perfect. Your suggestion is simply shit.

You can farm title books or buy them for how much, 5k per? They cost nothing. Yet here you are crying. You'd rather have it for free. Without need of someone farming them, someone putting them on market. You would just strip game of another activities in the name of stupid idea that actually takes few things from the game while introduces nothing but instant title skill ups from 50 to 100.

Terrible, short sighted idea. Champions patch that introduced books was a very good addition to the game, yet here you are suggesting something that would remove part of added content because immediate unlocks of titled skills and skill at 50 is not enough for you. This community is so fucking dumb that ub3rgames would be better not listening to us at all.

wut? instant skill up from 50 to 100? free?

I even gave examples of other games that had cooldowns and gold dumps to switch builds (like switching titles....). I'm not asking for free. I'm saying you shouldn't have to play timerfall all over again because you tried something for 3 weeks?

Quick example:
I play melee and pick sword, armormaster, bruiser, combo+warrior. I use 50 books and wait 1 month for all titles to reach 100. Now I want to try archery titles and 2h.
I drop bruiser, armormaster, sword. They all go to 90 instantly.
I pick up 2h swords, archery, sharpshooter. use 30 books, all at 50.
I try this out for 3 weeks and decide I really dont like it.
I switch back.. but HO! my other titles are now at 50!

It will cost me 4 weeks because i tried out another build for 3 weeks.

WEEKS. STRAIGHT UP REAL LIFE TIME. How the hell is that fun? There is no work around other than waiting. No books I can buy. Nothing I can farm.

Do 2% or 1.5% REALLY make a difference? no. But it is still unnecessary punishment to the players.

If I max out a mage on another game and don't like it, I can go make a free second character and try out a melee. If I get tired of the melee, I can switch back to the mage and it is where i left it. maxed out. This system works because the players do not feel punished for trying different things inside the game.

I understand hardcore features, but punishing players for trying things is stupid.

If someone spends the time leveling up all the titles, let them keep their rewards. You can find this terribly short sighted and fuckin dumb all you want, but detrimental punishment mechanics do not help games.
85% /s

Reply #13
It will cost me 4 weeks because i tried out another build for 3 weeks.
It will cost you no time at all, because difference between 50 in title and 100 is not game changing - you are immediately ready to enjoy new playstyle. All it will cost you is books (if your title is even below 50) - books are a good addition to the game, one of few goods that actually sell on markets and make killing champions more enjoyable. Your suggestion only removes content from the game and gives nothing in return really.

To sum it up - your suggestion and examples are so stupid I'm done here.
  • Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 01:17:36 pm by wildNothing

Reply #14
WildNothing was voted biggest forum troll.  Don't feed the troll.