Skip to main content

Topic: So why is Hellstorm waters disabled? (Read 875 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: So why is Hellstorm waters disabled?
Reply #15
I do not understand why there cannot be timer based events as well as other types. It makes people like myself and my wife able to plan something in advance around our children. One or both of us can be involved if we plan it in advance, and the villages, while tedious and boring for some, are something we can look forward too. Especially if the time runs down shortly after our children go to bed, and before we have to sleep. We mainly pve, craft and gather as it fits our lifestyle and the capture points are one of the few opportunities we have to plan a potential fight. We still enjoy the ships, because since we have less time for active playing (as opposed to passive like gathering) it is worth our time to save for go out for, since dying isn't the main downside for us, not being able to do something on a schedule is. Seeing a siege is coming at a certain time is also along the same lines. it is something at least one of us can do, as the other (usually me, lol) watches the kids.

You don't like timed events, ok, I get that, but some do. Don't wish away something that has been in the game a long time and draws people like us, when you could just wish to ADD more. Taking away would be pointless as some people are here because those functions are here. Don't take anything away that could isolate and take away players. I believe a lot of various types of content should be added, but I don't believe they should only be the types you like. Others are playing to my friend.

The ship battles around those towers are among my top 10 best memories of all the darkfall games, I should add.
Your argumentation would be perfect to ask for instant travel (teleportation) back. Because kids and less time for active play sessions. It does not make instant travel any less damaging to the game though. But of course you, you, you and you again is all that counts.

What you described perfectly summarizes what is wrong with the game - long periods of semi afk gathering sessions with occasional village when timer finally suits your time window. Terrible design that you want to continue adding same shit to.
  • Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 07:46:15 am by wildNothing

Reply #16
Ah but see, I enjoy it! That is the difference. I love most of what he game has, only Mortal Online has held as much fun for me. I like working hard in a dangerous world. I like crafting, stocking markets, and the pve in a world where I can be jumped at anytime on top of the normal threats. I enjoy running goods to markets in need of certain things. I just want more stuff thrown around.
Vynn-Former Leader of Adamo Aetas (AA) from DF1, DF-UW, Mortal Online, and about 40 other mmos....

Reply #17
Ah but see, I enjoy it! That is the difference. I love most of what he game has, only Mortal Online has held as much fun for me. I like working hard in a dangerous world. I like crafting, stocking markets, and the pve in a world where I can be jumped at anytime on top of the normal threats. I enjoy running goods to markets in need of certain things. I just want more stuff thrown around.
That's great, I am glad to hear it. Does not make your argumentation any better though.