Skip to main content

Topic: The core of DnD main problem in small FAQ (Read 270 times) previous topic - next topic

The core of DnD main problem in small FAQ
DnD Noob (Noob) vs Elite DnD developer and marketer (Dev):

Noob: Hello! I've heard a lot about this game, what can I do in DnD?
Dev: Oh! This game is insane! You can PvP, trade, craft, build, farm, have house and mounts, etc. Tons of things to do!!!

Noob: Nice! Many game projects offer similar things but what is the unique strength of Dark Fall?
Dev: I would say it is the focus on hardcore, freedom and open world PVP with full loot. Something like an old Ultima Online but in a different implementation!

Noob: Oh! So PvP and wars very important for the game! What are the main goals for players to PvP and war?
Dev: Let's divide these goals into individual and party. Core of individual part, it's when you're such a cool dude ..."My dick is the biggest!". You know, all that talks about how good are they, in the game chat and on forum. They will just PvP nonstop for ladder of something.
Noob: Don't you think that after a few duels they will find out "whose dick bigger", that only 0,5% of players are interested in ladder and even for them game going to be boring after 500+ kills?
Dev: Uh dude...let's better talk about group PvP goals, it is MMO ... clan and racial wars is the core!

Noob: Nice! What are the main goals that will force clans and race to fight each other?
Dev: Dominance! Wealth! Supremacy!!!
Noob: More details please.
Dev: Well...uhhh...to siege a city and win.
Noob: To capture a city for what?
Dev: Errr...to get access to the rare ore mine and territory control, maybe ;\
Noob: Nice! Some kind of unique ore with limited quantity? Taxes and buffs on territory?
Dev: Nah, with our flexible system you can get rare ore from everywhere. You can mine X-window from any other mine, or maybe you already have tons of ore if used our old broken monster-scale system. About territory control, let's skip this question :\

Noob: So in 5 min of FAQ we understood that players have no goals in this game... what have you been doing all these years?
Dev: Come on dude, we upgrade a lot of thing in the game: titles, craft system, skill system ...
Noob: What the point of all that if players have no goals in the game?
Dev: Uhh... we'll implement bind-stone quest patch and all have to be good. You know quests for med and loot, med and loot for skills and gear, gear and skills for sieges, sieges for ...ehhh...mmm...let's skip this.
Noob: Good luck

p.s I apologize for misstakes, English is not my native language.
It is not a real FAQ with Dev, but just an imho with a bit of sarcasm
  • Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 02:12:39 pm by Dark_Av

Re: The core of DnD main problem in small FAQ
Reply #1
Brother I applaud your attempt at helping players but I would very much like to inform that this is not the main problem relating to this game. The main problem with this game is Ub3r.

Also, if you really would like to recommend it, chances are that you could use the info section. I would however consider the hit to your personal integrity if you'd recommend the game at this state.

Reply #2
No one should reccomend this game to anyone unless you also offer to pay for it.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #3
Noob: Hello! I've heard a lot about this game

failed right here

Reply #4
Certainly interesting to hear that dark_av finds these as the main issues.  Your issue with darkfall is darkfall?
85% /s

Reply #5
Certainly interesting to hear that dark_av finds these as the main issues.  Your issue with darkfall is darkfall?
As you noticed this problem was not only in DND but in all parts of DF's.
In every MMO most part of a players needs long term goals to play.

Reply #6
As you noticed this problem was not only in DND but in all parts of DF's.
In every MMO most part of a players needs long term goals to play.
Completely agree. Dfo original design was an epeen shooter.
It seems after they got the engine coded in 2003ish, they realized there was more potential but never had the staff to actually make darkfall a fluff filled mmo.

Dnd vision roadmap (eta 2033) certainly would add a lot to the game but at it's core, darkfall will always be epeen
85% /s