Skip to main content

Topic: Old returning player with some questions (Read 443 times) previous topic - next topic

Old returning player with some questions
I just paid for a sub and downloaded the game, but had to leave for work after only 1/2 hour of playtime.  My questions are:

1) How's everything going?  Are people still playing, city sieges, etc.
2) Only the one server (EU?)
3) It feels like a lifetime ago since I played, but I got a few quests to harvest stuff, but it gives you no crafting tools, nor can I find any available to buy from the merchant.  So where/how do I get the tools?
4) Do skill ups only advance upon a hit?
5) If you get incapacitated, do you auto gank or auto revive with timer end.
6) Is it local banking?
7) Is there a cap on skills, or can you level everything to max?
  • Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 05:19:50 pm by Scynner

Re: Old returning player with some questions
Reply #1
Game is B2P since release, can be changed soon....
Siege's and dramma is part of the game
Local banking and no teleports
No caps, except Titles
Skill ups only in PvE mode.

• Valar
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
You didn't read the forum and see the company was in liquidation before you have them money?

Reply #3
I just paid for a sub and downloaded the game, but had to leave for work after only 1/2 hour of playtime.  My questions are:
1) How's everything going?  Are people still playing, city sieges, etc.

Yes, but understand between villages and sieges things are quiet for pvp

2) Only the one server (EU?)

Yes

3) It feels like a lifetime ago since I played, but I got a few quests to harvest stuff, but it gives you no crafting tools, nor can I find any available to buy from the merchant.  So where/how do I get the tools?

You don't need tools anymore. Just press alt-use

4) Do skill ups only advance upon a hit?

Only in pve
When the timer finishes for crafting/harvesting

5) If you get incapacitated, do you auto gank or auto revive with timer end.

Gank

6) Is it local banking?

Yes

7) Is there a cap on skills, or can you level everything to max?

Everything to max, sorta. They added titles you choose to be better and have access to certain spells and skills. You select 5 titles.
If you choose greataxe title, you can use greataxe abilities like whirlwind. However it gives a -2% penalty to all your magic.
If you choose fire magic, you unlock explosion and magna spells. But with -2% to all other magic schools and -2% to melee/archery.
If you choose mount crafting title, you can make mounts. You would need to take a title per craft category.
85% /s

Reply #4
Thank you for the replies. 

Reply #5
1. Low and demoralized population atm, been waiting 3-4 months for a patch and the dev(s?) Communication has been garbage since they launched in February. Company is currently in liquidation by the French gov't.

2. Only one server for this version there is another one called RoA thats NA

3 harvesting tools are permanently lodged in your toons rectum. They are always there but invisible.

4. Yes theres a powerhour you can use every 22 hours for double skill gains. Better wep harder monster=more skill gains.

5. Auto gank

6. All local banking and no fast travel.

7. You can level everything to max but certain skills are locked behind the title system. Gl finding info on it.

To bad he gave ub3r his money already, i bet someone had an alt account to give him rofl
  • Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:05:50 pm by cutsmyself
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #6
It's only $15 and even if I play a week or so it will be worth it for nostalgia's sake.  I just wanted to play a sandbox MMO again, other than EVE.

Reply #7
Excel games are the best!

Reply #8
It's only $15 and even if I play a week or so it will be worth it for nostalgia's sake.  I just wanted to play a sandbox MMO again, other than EVE.
Join a clan. Even if for the week
85% /s

Reply #9

It's still the greatest game of all time, IMO.  Unfortunately we're at a crossroads, where it's not clear whether the devs have given up, or will continue and have a shot making the game thrive.

Personally, I think it's still worth fooling around for a week or two and having fun, while waiting to see if the devs re-surface.  If you need any basic gear, the racial capitals tend to stay stocked with at least the bare essentials.  If you're not having any luck and can meet in elflands, shoot me a PM here on the forums.  I'll sell for low prices, and in the case of some newbie gear like Leather armor and R30 bows, will donate freely.

Finally, if you're interested in the "must-know" changes that have happened relative to DFO, check out the following:

https://darkfallnewdawn.miraheze.org/wiki/Major_Changes_since_Darkfall_Online_for_returning_Veterans
  • Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 02:02:32 am by Rimamok

Reply #10
The game has less grind, more tools to reduce your "stare the bank" time, pve is improved, more spells, skills, weapons are being used because they're fixed/balanced but still has a lot of room for improvement. I suggest you find a clan to guide you through the changes or start reading.

Don't expect to roam around and find lots of people easily, but there is action if you know where to look, like villages