Skip to main content

Topic: Farming drop rates before 2.2 (Read 340 times) previous topic - next topic

Farming drop rates before 2.2
Before this patch comes, maybe we can get some estimate times on solo vs group farming drop rates.

I have no idea the time to farm "baseline" gear such as racial staffs, extrav, bone, studded, plate.

Giant bone set takes 45 minutes per set solo. It gets worse in a group per person. Such that if level 2, maybe we farm 1 set per 40 minutes but that's 80 minutes per set per person.
Scaling progressive gets worse per person from there.

I think thick set is 30 minutes per set solo. Again, worse per person as it scales.

Dragon bone solo is like 6 hours per set. Scaling does not increase dragon bone drop quantity. Group farming is 100% pointless here.

Yellow or less mobs at level 6+ feel pretty good in a group. Fairly constant but i never really measured per person output of the drops.

Overall, for an MMO, almost everything is now efficient per person solo.

I'd like to be encouraged to group up, discouraged to bring alts, and more profitable the more people active farming.
85% /s

Re: Farming drop rates before 2.2
Reply #1
I would say about an hour for just the thick leather part of the thick leather set.  I'm melee/archer farming for my own sets.  Lot slower than mages.  So transmutes a must and no skinning title.  46 thick leather is about 30-40 ogre boss.  At a 6 spawn maybe 10 minutes to kill all 6 solo is a rough guesstimate.

Reply #2
I would say about an hour for just the thick leather part of the thick leather set.  I'm melee/archer farming for my own sets.  Lot slower than mages.  So transmutes a must and no skinning title.  46 thick leather is about 30-40 ogre boss.  At a 6 spawn maybe 10 minutes to kill all 6 solo is a rough guesstimate.

Actually as a hybrid I go melee archer for ogre bosses since its much faster than mage and at a 6 boss spawn I can get 90-100/hr with skin title 100 wis and 95 skinning

Reply #3

Actually as a hybrid I go melee archer for ogre bosses since its much faster than mage and at a 6 boss spawn I can get 90-100/hr with skin title 100 wis and 95 skinning

you haven't grinded out 100 skinning yet? get gud nub.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #4
mycke, so yeah... about an hour for any other player with no skinning title and 50 skinning and low wisdom.  I appreciate that you are more efficient but i doubt you are the norm. 

Reply #5
mycke, so yeah... about an hour for any other player with no skinning title and 50 skinning and low wisdom.  I appreciate that you are more efficient but i doubt you are the norm. 

His average matches other melee results without title and skinning level of about 60. 2 per hour is the common answer I've gotten and experienced.
85% /s

Reply #6
1. Boost "group" farming.
2. Make alts possible to despawn as figurines, so we can transport them around in bulk.

Reply #7
1. Boost "group" farming.
2. Make alts possible to despawn as figurines, so we can transport them around in bulk.

Haha.
May as well make scaling alts as figurine objects. Would be a better system and we could loot and collect little named figurines
85% /s

Reply #8
Not that I think this will be implemented but scaling could be based on activity (damage/healing/movement/whatever/combination) instead of being based on players within the vicinity so if this game had developers this would be an non issue.

Since the devs are busy writing forum posts and since it is a problem solved many times before by many games, I do understand why it isn't implemented here.