Skip to main content

Topic: Perception of activity (Read 1025 times) previous topic - next topic

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Perception of activity
Reply #15
Simi is very fluxual, right now there's about 5 daily for the last few days, when they'll come back to mid map there will be 1-2 more per day I hope.
Our activity also took a nose-dive when midmap villages shifted beyond reach. This has been a problem with villages since forever.

That said we had the double misfortune of losing two people due to RL stuff at the same time, but fortunately they will be returning, probably next week, early, with the patch, which is coming, early next week, or so I'm told. Yes.
Proud member of TD.

Reply #16
We'd already been told "by the end of September", so any ETA by AV Junior is worthless at this point.

Actually, that's doing AV a disservice.  They would have at least acknowledged the blown deadline.
  • Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 02:26:44 pm by Rimamok

Reply #17
Raap, I had this conversation with Marc about 25hr timers hurting the game. He refused to believe it. My favorite quote from him is he didn't want the 25hr timers but only did it because the community complained about the old timers. I am 50/50 reading that explanation that they didn't understand the consequences of 25hr timers or did it to show things could be worse and make us shut up.

Second example: people complained they wanted low drop rates buffed, like thick leather compared to  rare ore. So they nerfed rare ore so severely that it's not worth killing golems... They also nerfed most everything to shit for farm.

Third example: villages giving too much loot. Community complained, the ones benefiting the most complained loudest. So they nerfed villages so bad it was better to do dungeons.

4th, we complained about bindstone quests not what we want next when they were patching every 2 weeks. Now they make us wait 5 months for a patch and we actually want the bindstone quests because we'll take anything.
All we wanted was weekly tweaks while they poked away at a bigger patch.

Ub3r doesn't like criticism
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
I hate to say it (no I do not) but UW had a better solution for timers; The owning clans picked them.

In UW you could pick your timer interval, from 8 hours to 46 hours and a lot of options in between (I don't remember the exact options except that there were no even 6/12h formats). You could alter this every time so that on a recap the villages would adjust to the new setting. Longer timers yielded more rewards.

But yeah lets force a 25h timer instead which means everyone no matter which timezone you play at, you lose access to a village for 2/3rd of the time.

The only problem with the UW timers is they didn't stagger them, so if you owned 4 villages they would go live at the same time for requisitioning. They did this to "spread out zerg clans and make it harder to control a vast number of villages", but spacing them a few minutes would have been better I'd say.

Oh but boo hoo UW did something therefore ND cannot do it based purely on stigma.
  • Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 03:18:41 pm by Raap
Proud member of TD.

Reply #19
And then he (they?) get all offended when you call him (them?) arrogant. Rofl.

Walks like a duck, talks like a duck, must be a duck.

If you are going to be arrogant and unprofessional why get buttsore when someone tells you about yourself?

Timerfall is stupid. Make village stones siegeable with a siege stone with half the health of a small siege stone. 2-4 hour warning before village is cappable. If no one takes it in 24 hours put rewards in a box located next to stone that is destructible w/spikes or hammer. Anyone in owning clan can open box and get a portion of loot/med points. box stays spawned for an hour after the village pays out. If the box is destroyed the person/clan that gets the last hit gets to tap the box for med n loot. Make the village box work like the static treasure chests/weapon  racks where you just interact with it and it puts the shit in yer bag if you are the owning clan or the clan that destoryed the box. Village owner gets to pick when the village pays out as long as its between 24-36 hours after it was capped. Payout timers visable on the map for planned pvp activities.
  • Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 06:34:08 pm by cutsmyself
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #20
And then he (they?) get all offended when you call him (them?) arrogant. Rofl.

Walks like a duck, talks like a duck, must be a duck.

If you are going to be arrogant and unprofessional why get buttsore when someone tells you about yourself?

Timerfall is stupid. Make village stones siegeable with a siege stone with half the health of a small siege stone. 2-4 hour warning before village is cappable. If no one takes it in 24 hours put rewards in a box located next to stone that is destructible w/spikes or hammer. Anyone in owning clan can open box and get a portion of loot/med points. box stays spawned for an hour after the village pays out. If the box is destroyed the person/clan that gets the last hit gets to tap the box for med n loot. Make the village box work like the static treasure chests/weapon  racks where you just interact with it and it puts the shit in yer bag if you are the owning clan or the clan that destoryed the box. Village owner gets to pick when the village pays out as long as its between 24-36 hours after it was capped. Payout timers visable on the map for planned pvp activities.

Gotta the say i prefer the 25h timer over this.

At least theres mostly one or multiple vcps you can go to everyday. The distribution of the timers is a bit meh since there is still a black hole for mid vcps every few weeks but besides that its fine.
The thing that is not fine is the total lack of anything else to do besides vcps. Some kind of territory control, race objectives, daily pvp quests or whatever would be fine. Just anything pls.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
The whole village situation is easy, but you have to do some harder programming for it and tweak the numbers as population goes up.

Step one, <3 players at a village the timer is set to 26 hours, moving 2 hours later than the previous cap.
Step two, 3-8 players at a village the timer is set to 25 hours, moving 1 hour later than the previous cap.
Step three, 8-15 players at a village the timer is set to 24 hours, not moving the time at all.
Step four, 15+ players at a village the timer is set to 23 hours 30 min, moving it back 30 minutes.

If nobody, is there because its off hours, it will speed through to the next prime time at twice the rate.
If a few are there, the relapse time is lowerd so it doesnt overshoot prime time.
If there's a good fight, the timer stays in the same spot to have another go the day after.
If there's a total cluster fuck, the timer moves back a little to keep it relatively small scale.

Issue's to fix. Alts, and if the population grows the numbers need to get tweaked ofcourse.

How to fix altfall, require near constant movement of players on cap point. (if not moving, the capture reverses in %)
If a new player from the clan joins, the capture time is extended by 30 seconds when below 50%.
If a player goes out of cap point range, the same 30 seconds apply regardless of stone %.

Meaning, alts need to move which is much harder (i know auto walk + turning macro on virtual machine isnt impossible...but harder)
You cannot jump in last second with auto walking alts to scale up the village to remain in off hours. (because the time would increase, the alts would need to stay inside and move).
The added time ticks should promote a bit more strategy when capturing the point. Before 50%, you really only want one guy there...but then you want to jump on it to avoid the 30 sec time increase.

Ofcourse, there's a very real chance that we'd double the problem in the short term because there's so few people there...
But think of it this way, would you not rather have 2-3 days of villages and then 8-9 days of no village.
Instead of 4-6 days of villages and then 16-18 days without....

You could spend a week on a continent to get some mats, not so much for 2 1/2....

Reply #22
Wouldn't work.

Time would shift into start of active clans prime time from 23 then stagnate at 24 timer and repeat.
If eu and na clans live in same area, one of them would get fucked.
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
So siege them away from that local area?
If you cant beat them in a siege, you wouldnt be likely to beat them at the village anyway.

But, if you are that worried, you could link villages to each other to force a spread in clusters of 3 so there's always 1 going live in your prime time. (like bleeding over numbers from consequetive caps on one village to move the other or something)

So if the horde captures votk in their prime time day after day, it would push ryhandel to be 8-16 hours later...
And aldenfau could go either way, depending on how high the % gets and numbers involved at each capture...

A 144% village coming in every day is worth more than having to fight at 2 villages of <50% reward anyway, so its not likely that clans will use alt clans to try and bait more villages into their own time zone.
It would be more time consuming, less rewarding and require much more logistics and inner knowledge of the exact coding to get right...

Unless you want to say you wont get a fight then, which is already true for NA vs EU...
And EU vs EU would be there, and raiding an enemy area to ruin their 144% bonus would be far more appealing, could even be prepped for by nudging your own village back/forward so there's time to move in between.

Is it ideal, probably not...but at least there's a form of control
  • Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:21:06 pm by Nuyur

Reply #24
Conquest shouldn't be based on a timer. How sandbox is timed villages? shit it boring and tedious.  There are already tons of timer based mechanics in this game it doesn't help the population.

This is a conquest game give people things to conquer. Not a clock a babysit.
  • Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:51:40 pm by cutsmyself
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #25
My idea was the taker would be allowed to choose an up timer or down timer and every day it would move one hour based on their initial pick and then when a new clan took it that could choose up or down and it would again start moving. This allows clans to keep it in their prime a little longer without being able to completely lock it down.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #26
and then an alt clan is used to ping pong the village around....

Reply #27
Fine if they want the med for the alt clan, but they probably dont.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
They want the villages in their own prime time every day.
They can use the alt clan just to reverse the trend, which is a 1 day loss instead of 15? day loss where it goes from late/early to early/late.

Who cares about the 1 day loss, when you can have it the other 3-4

Reply #29
They want the villages in their own prime time every day.
They can use the alt clan just to reverse the trend, which is a 1 day loss instead of 15? day loss where it goes from late/early to early/late.

Who cares about the 1 day loss, when you can have it the other 3-4

Om done arguing with you, you just like to argue without realistic reasoning.