Skip to main content

Poll

Will Ub3r eventually make a good game?

• Yes, ub3r won't give up.  Give it a few years.
    34 (47.9%)
  • No, they will give up before then.
    37 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Topic: Will Ub3r Make a Good Game or Give Up? (Read 721 times) previous topic - next topic

Will Ub3r Make a Good Game or Give Up?
I'm hoping ub3r will also vote.  =)

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Will Ub3r Make a Good Game or Give Up?
Reply #1
This is not a fair poll.
I know uber can make it a good game, just give them a dozen years and they'll have gotten closer. Before they die, the game should be good.

The problem is, they dont have money to last them that long. And at some point i think they will want to actually see results...
So they may give up, but they certaintly dont have the funding to go on that long.

reality, there needs to be constant money income for this project to continue and grow.
They feel like they cant charge subs yet, so untill such time they do want to....this project is doomed to die.
If they can get enough features in that they can start charging us, and enough of us feel the game is actually worth paying a sub for it so the company stays afloat...it may go into an upward cycle at some point.

Reply #2
@_SeeD_  They already gave up, dick breath.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #3
Are you ready to stand by that statement?

Reply #4
Best game of all time, particularly if they can get Territory Control and NPE shaped up.

It's like bearing the One Ring.  The odds are long, but if Ub3r doesn't do it, no one will.

Mess that Balrog up, Marcdalf!!!   Don't forget the suck-lightning-into-your-sword trick, show us that hybrid Mage-1HS Title combo CAN work!

Reply #5
Are you ready to stand by that statement?

Yes. A small patch 3 months late wont change anything.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #6
Ub3r has already shown how unprofessional they are both as Game Developers and Businessmen.
It's just a matter of time.

Reply #7
Ub3r has already shown how unprofessional they are both as Game Developers and Businessmen.

The rate of change is entish at best, but what they deliver has generally been excellent.
The real question is do we have the patience to wait.

There is still something special about Darkfall. Even with my high 300's ping and glacial reflexes I keep coming back because there is something about this game that you just can't get anywhere else. If anyone else does capture it and do a better job then Darkfall is dead. It hasn't happened yet.

I can see myself trying a number of the Christmas 2018 titles (Fallout 76 the main one at this stage), but I'll be logging into Darkfall at least once a week. I just can't delete it off my PC yet.
  • Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 11:08:58 pm by Alberton
Chunder McBushpig
Token Horde Australian

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Still got faith, so voted accordingly. But no excuses for lack of communication, really poor form Ub3r 

Reply #9

The rate of change is entish at best, but what they deliver has generally been excellent.
The real question is do we have the patience to wait.

There is still something special about Darkfall. Even with my high 300's ping and glacial reflexes I keep coming back because there is something about this game that you just can't get anywhere else. If anyone else does capture it and do a better job then Darkfall is dead. It hasn't happened yet.

I can see myself trying a number of the Christmas 2018 titles (Fallout 76 the main one at this stage), but I'll be logging into Darkfall at least once a week. I just can't delete it off my PC yet.
Yes, they can write code, but being a Game Developer is more than just that.

Reply #10
Did you make this poll so we could comfort you and tell you everything's gonna be alright?

Reply #11
Did you make this poll so we could comfort you and tell you everything's gonna be alright?
It's more of a statement.

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Ub3r has released very good patches.

Their vision is great.

They need more developers, and apparently more money, though.

It wouldn't be foolish or unwise to bet that they won't make it-they have no business track history, theyre threatened with liquidation, and they havent released a patch (so, worked) in 3 months.

With those facts on the table, you're betting purely on emotion and hope that they will finish, let alone continue. I wouldn't buy into that stock. But luckily it isn't stocks, it's free to sit around and wait, and hope. So I do. What more can anyone do?
twitch.tv/KenMan

Reply #13
They're French. End of

Reply #14
Never seen such tactics since Tasos. It's a living meme.