Skip to main content

Topic: 2.2 better address crafting times (Read 206 times) previous topic - next topic

2.2 better address crafting times
@Ub3rgames seriously. 4 people spent 4 hours watching 1 crafting alt make consumables.

We don't have 10k players and never will. If we came close, everyone is title locked on crafting.
Make crafting consumables 20x faster.

(I'm honestly tired of crafting titles the more i deal with them. I've already crossed the point of no return on accepting them. Diversify play styles not crafting. I know I'm derailing my own thread here, but fuck it. I'm sick of them.)
  • Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 02:11:11 pm by Pallist Horror
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: 2.2 better address crafting times
Reply #1
all crafting should be 1 second, its not like crafters can be killed by enemy players anyway because everyone crafts in NPC cities or later inside player holdings with buffed walls and no other valuables inside

Reply #2
all crafting should be 1 second, its not like crafters can be killed by enemy players anyway because everyone crafts in NPC cities or later inside player holdings with buffed walls and no other valuables inside
I have countless hours at this point making artillery in dag without ever once getting jumped.

They plan on making holdings harder to get into (grounded state)

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
They plan on making holdings harder to get into (grounded state)

Eh?

Didn't they already make holdings safezones due to arcane damage having no counters?

Any holding, even a hamlet, where two towers can fire upon you at the same time, is just a murder zone.
Proud member of TD.

Reply #4
Make walls usefull
All holdings, including hamlets, will gain better walls. We will use the grounded state to make them more useful.

https://darkfallnewdawn.com/roadmap-ongoing/

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Grounded state is a gimmick that will kill city raiding and make sieges one-sided for the defenders.

Palisade walls and palisade gates (new model required) for hamlets however, I always considered to be a fair addition.

Edit: As for moving nodes outside holdings. I only see it as a further de-valuation of holdings.

What is it supposed to accomplish? People wont raid nodes as long as raw materials weigh a ton and you only get 130 items for your troubles. And getting PvP while overweight is literally less fun than getting gang raped by 10 black dudes.

Likewise the holding owners have to endure overweight travel as well and in some cities this walk could take 10 minutes (long march, aradoth, apautan, etc.)... I'm just not seeing the value.

I see it working (despite not seeing the value) if:

• Material weight is reduced by 90% of the current weight, which should allow you to hit up to 4 nodes without going overweight (counting gearbag + mount on you).
  • City node capacity is raised to 250 items but the regen cooldown is doubled to 6 hours, allowing you to raid nodes and get something relevant, while still keeping the total output per 24 hours per node the same, and also reducing tedium of constantly cleaning the nodes as the owner.
  • Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:16:59 pm by Raap
Proud member of TD.

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Grounded state is a gimmick that will kill city raiding and make sieges one-sided for the defenders.

Palisade walls and palisade gates (new model required) for hamlets however, I always considered to be a fair addition.

Edit: As for moving nodes outside holdings. I only see it as a further de-valuation of holdings.

What is it supposed to accomplish? People wont raid nodes as long as raw materials weigh a ton and you only get 130 items for your troubles. And getting PvP while overweight is literally less fun than getting gang raped by 10 black dudes.

Likewise the holding owners have to endure overweight travel as well and in some cities this walk could take 10 minutes (long march, aradoth, apautan, etc.)... I'm just not seeing the value.

• Material weight is reduced by 90% of the current weight, which should allow you to hit up to 4 nodes without going overweight (counting gearbag + mount on you).
  • City node capacity is raised to 250 items but the regen cooldown is doubled to 6 hours, allowing you to raid nodes and get something relevant, while still keeping the total output per 24 hours per node the same, and also reducing tedium of constantly cleaning the nodes as the owner.

might as well make the nodes automatically put rares into clanbank, would reduce altfalling at least

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7

might as well make the nodes automatically put rares into clanbank, would reduce altfalling at least
No that would be bad for different reasons.

There needs to be some human interaction otherwise you promote clans just taking holdings for free zero effort resources.
Proud member of TD.

Reply #8
Just sprinkle the area around holdings with special metal nodes, more trees, and farm land spots that function like normal nodes (bled by 1 player).
But add like 20 of each that refill in 2 hours

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #9

There needs to be some human interaction otherwise you promote clans just taking holdings for free zero effort resources.

implying buying more alts to afkgather with no risk promotes something useful

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10

implying buying more alts to afkgather with no risk promotes something useful
No one is going to buy more alts when they activate subs. No one. Not for this game. Not the way it is right now.
Proud member of TD.

Reply #11
All timed actions need a revamp.  Crafting, Gathering, Equipping, etc.