Skip to main content

Topic: Early This Week (Read 913 times) previous topic - next topic

Early This Week
Is ended, any comments @Ub3rgames ?

Re: Early This Week
Reply #1
Wednesday is still kinda "early"... even tho I don't expect it today. Or even this week.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #2
Here is my theory:

They got no money, they can't get investors (how could they get for a business in liquidation if they couldn't before that?) so naturaly they got no employees left, David is still on vacation and the only thing that keeps Marc inside office is a crying baby at home.
On top of that they got the most toxic and ungratefull community they could get, full with trolls. Most of the Yes-Man turned or gone away as well. Their product is not payed for either, only once when you buy it, which not many do.

Why would they give you or anyone any comment, when they can't give you anything new and even browsing through the forum takes most of the dev time away?

You think it would be better to post every week that the patch has been delayed and the ETA is next week for 2 months straight?
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #3
Here is my theory:

They got no money, they can't get investors (how could they get for a business in liquidation if they couldn't before that?) so naturaly they got no employees left, David is still on vacation and the only thing that keeps Marc inside office is a crying baby at home.
On top of that they got the most toxic and ungratefull community they could get, full with trolls. Most of the Yes-Man turned or gone away as well. Their product is not payed for either, only once when you buy it, which not many do.

Why would they give you or anyone any comment, when they can't give you anything new and even browsing through the forum takes most of the dev time away?

You think it would be better to post every week that the patch has been delayed and the ETA is next week for 2 months straight?

Not sure if you noticed but the toxicity of this community has gone up by a lot due to the fact that they are not responding or saying anything, so yet again, this is on them since this is something they are painfully aware of. "Yes-Men", which by itself is retarded to be, have also turned away mostly cause of them. I doubt they turn away cause of the occasional flame. You don't really want "Yes-Men", you want critical thinkers and an engaged community to actually think about what would be helpful.

They would and "should" comment to keep toxicity down, hopes up, and people engaged in their game. They should post so that we see that work is being done, so that we know that this game will improve and stay.

It does not take most of their time to reply, I do not understand why you or anyone else would think this. Community would consider it an huge improvement if they put in 1h per week to give us an status update of what they are working on. This would improve the mood on the forums, trust in them as devs and increase the player base.

We don't want an update every week saying ETA for patch is pushed by two weeks. We want an semi realistic update of when the patch is to be released, then small updates every week on what they have actually worked with on the patch to finish it, and if they think their ETA is realistic.

Does this answer some of you utterly bad questions?

Reply #4
If you care about a game, is this how you would run the company and forum?

Reply #5
I think they are playing the long game of development, and don't want to exhaust their minds on temporary QQing from a community that will always be insatiable. They are developing the game in a new direction for a new crowd, which by size will one day outnumber the current toxic community by a lot. They don't care that we are pissed, there will be 10 ultra-fans for every toxic DFO vet if things go according to their plan.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
I think they are playing the long game of development

Then they are doing in wrong, because all they are are doing is creating a breeding ground for toxicity. And that is never a good idea to build a game upon.
Proud member of TD.

Reply #7
I think they are playing the long game of development, and don't want to exhaust their minds on temporary QQing from a community that will always be insatiable. They are developing the game in a new direction for a new crowd, which by size will one day outnumber the current toxic community by a lot. They don't care that we are pissed, there will be 10 ultra-fans for every toxic DFO vet if things go according to their plan.

They aint doing shit lol. Long term right next to UW.

Reply #8
Yeah, not defending them. Just trying to understand how they're thinking to behave like this.

Reply #9
Most people we've seen disappear have said it was because the company is not communicating which broke their confidence in the game. Clans also disappeared with the same pre-text, leaving their holdings and houses to default.

There have been several conversations with Marc that made it clear he doesn't care that it's their own actions driving people away from the game, where they could keep some of the playerbase alive by operating correctly they choose to let them die. That is not the attitude I will support with a sub... I have about 1 year worth of subs spread across accounts, they won't get anything more from me without a serious change in their attitude.

Reply #10
Most people we've seen disappear have said it was because the company is not communicating which broke their confidence in the game. Clans also disappeared with the same pre-text, leaving their holdings and houses to default.

There have been several conversations with Marc that made it clear he doesn't care that it's their own actions driving people away from the game, where they could keep some of the playerbase alive by operating correctly they choose to let them die. That is not the attitude I will support with a sub... I have about 1 year worth of subs spread across accounts, they won't get anything more from me without a serious change in their attitude.

This should be a HUGE warning sign for Ubergames, Aedryn gotta be one of your most dedicated and loyal costumers. SAD, was looking forward to get back into the game after the big patch

-Sindssyge

• Valar
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Last Active September 28th lmao

Reply #12
Chill guys, long term, 100 years plan.

Reply #13
Here is my theory:

Anyone seen my tiny violin? I know a really sad song  I'll play it for the dev(s?) all day. Incompetent, over confident, and arrogant. very French of them.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

• Valar
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Here is my theory:

Anyone seen my tiny violin? I know a really sad song  I'll play it for the dev(s?) all day. Incompetent, over confident, and arrogant. very French of them.

Just waiting for the surrender now.