Skip to main content

Topic: delete bone armor or fix magnitude scaling (Read 508 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: delete bone armor or fix magnitude scaling
Reply #30
Yeah they could have easily went with metal giving melee bonuses and leather giving archery.

No, why remove the option of glass cannon?

That'd be like removing regen from bone and moving it to robes and removing DPS from robes.

No reason to overdo things, you're just begging for more combat problems at that point.

A simple archery trait improvement is fine. No need to make the game more restricted by having black-white exclusivity options where melees go metal and archers go leather (and mages somehow still get to have two choices? lol).

Fair enough but they could have skewed it so metal gives more damage and leather gives more speed so so metal is high melee damage low melee speed medhigh archery damage medlow archery speed and leather is medlow melee damage medhigh melee speed low archery damage and high archery speed or something along this line.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #31
Yeah they could have easily went with metal giving melee bonuses and leather giving archery.

That'd be like removing regen from bone and moving it to robes and removing DPS from robes.

No reason to overdo things, you're just begging for more combat problems at that point.

A simple archery trait improvement is fine. No need to make the game more restricted by having black-white exclusivity options where melees go metal and archers go leather (and mages somehow still get to have two choices? lol).

Fair enough but they could have skewed it so metal gives more damage and leather gives more speed so so metal is high melee damage low melee speed medhigh archery damage medlow archery speed and leather is medlow melee damage medhigh melee speed low archery damage and high archery speed or something along this line.
Metal should never give more melee damage, or speed. It is the 'tanking' option, giving it anything remotely offensive would literally break the current fragile melee balance. I'd say metal is already superior in pure melee versus melee, I certainly know not to engage one head-on when I'm wearing leather, mix or full. Doing so is suicide unless the metal user is a complete scrub.

I do think it could use a secondary trait to replace the back damage reduction trait with (which for the record was a stupidly OP no-skill trait to begin with). I always considered a lighter form of Unfazed to seem relevant (reduced stamina loss from taking damage).
  • Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 01:51:52 am by Raap
Proud member of TD.

Reply #32

Metal should never give more melee damage, or speed. It is the 'tanking' option, giving it anything remotely offensive would literally break the current fragile melee balance. I'd say metal is already superior in pure melee versus melee, I certainly know not to engage one head-on when I'm wearing leather, mix or full. Doing so is suicide unless the metal user is a complete scrub.

I do think it could use a secondary trait to replace the back damage reduction trait with (which for the record was a stupidly OP no-skill trait to begin with). I always considered a lighter form of Unfazed to seem relevant (reduced stamina loss from taking damage).

Sure metal is superior if you stand there and face each other and just swing ignoring all other aspects like being out of melee range and using a bow or accessing debuffs without absurd casting time.

But yeah in your hypothetical world that never actually happens metal is always superior, but can we go back to talking about the actual game as its played, or must we continue arguing in your simulated unrealistic world?