Skip to main content

Topic: Community Events (Read 418 times) previous topic - next topic

• Devil
  • [*][*]
Community Events
Why doesn't DND host events like they do on ROA? Yesterday an event was hosted by Got Faced. The BPG staff helped out at the event by teleporting players/adding to the prize pools/streaming the Battle Royale. Got Faced put a lot of items in the event however BPG gave him a bunch of store items and a bunch of lotto tickets to give away. Then the Project Manager Bound streamed the BR event for over an hour. He is a pretty boring streamer but at least he interacts with the community from time to time.

What I'm trying to say is this didn't take BPG any Full Man Days to help happen. Bound showing up for an hour was pretty much all of BPGs involvement.  I will say one thing about BPG they at least interact with the community a lot more then DND.

• Meth
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: Community Events
Reply #1
they're to busy ignorning the community again to help with anything, next post will be when they didnt notice the police where at marcs door asking him to pay up only for nataz to find it out before them.
Quote from: Ub3rgames
Please understand that unlike during InDev, we are forced to communicate only once per week at most.

The writing of this reply has taken a bit more than a full man-day.

Reply #2
Teleporting is not part of the vision, so any form of it is untolerated I guess...

On the other hand, I am actually planning on organizing a tournament within the next few weeks. Hopefully it can be timed with Ub3rs patch, to have a nice big attendance. It's about time we get something like this rolling after all the combat changes.

Reply #3
Teleporting is not part of the vision, so any form of it is untolerated I guess...

On the other hand, I am actually planning on organizing a tournament within the next few weeks. Hopefully it can be timed with Ub3rs patch, to have a nice big attendance. It's about time we get something like this rolling after all the combat changes.
waaaait! the polearms...! :D
Dunnin Dainstaff - SupremeGeneral of TTD

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4

if patch doesnt fix any balance issues theres no point having an air-arcane mage-only tournament

• Devil
  • [*][*]
Reply #5

its an event your supposed to do things your not normally able to during the event.

Reply #6

Bro.
Having a tournament around patch day is cancer.
Please wait til like a week after.

I still have ptsd from the Indev 1v1 tournament.
Literally  tourny day was 1 day after tweaking the armor trait weights severely, heavily in favour of metal armor.

Which is fine, gay, but fine..
IF we had actual time to test suits again, gather mats, contact q5 chanter, and remake our bags, which we didn't lol.

Love the idea of more content, community held events, but if there's a patch coming "soon" please wait til a week after it drops..

Reply #7
You need to realize that events are about the only thing left to do in ROA to bring players online beside sieges. Wait, they don't even login during sieges or call for help most of the time since holdings are worthless for the most part.
Couple days after patch, we started capping VCP's 1 after an other on prime-time. We stumbled on no one at all.

DnD's lack of patch is really the only thing that makes DnD look bad. I'm pretty sure that as soon as ubergames comes back to patch, the pop will rise again and you won't even need to organize any events past that.

Reply #8
What's the point with these 1v1 matches?... It's a teamplay game where a caster have a role in the fight and a melee have their role. Seeing 2v2, or even 3v3 is 10x more fun than some 1v1, especially since the better players in a 1v1 situation will just pick the better 1v1 titles.

Reply #9
What's the point with these 1v1 matches?... It's a teamplay game where a caster have a role in the fight and a melee have their role. Seeing 2v2, or even 3v3 is 10x more fun than some 1v1, especially since the better players in a 1v1 situation will just pick the better 1v1 titles.

Why would you want to restrict it to remove 1v1? Even though DF might be more aimed to team play in spirit 1v1 is still something that happens ingame, something people take pride in and something that actually matters. 1v1 is essentially to any PvP game I've ever heard of.

You don't have to worry much about 1v1 though. They have been discussing to do the event/s a week or so after the patch so most of this is just theory craft discussions for something that might happen soon or never depending on the patch.

Reply #10
Cant be on vacation and run an event at the same time.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!