Skip to main content

Topic: Portal chambers (Read 116 times) previous topic - next topic

Portal chambers
Naked teleporting network - very limited in options (max 6 chambers around the world).

"Yadayada, local banking, etc. etc." - it doesn't work. Either do linked markets like Raap suggested, or allow for naked teleporting. You can already do it through deathjumping pretty much, so why not make it an equal feature for everyone, and not just those with extensive holding and housing networks currently.

You'd still have to move items manually to fill banks around the world. Running around for 1h+ to find pvp isn't fun, it will never be. The population won't pick up if elementary convenience issues like this exists; nobody wants to WORK in a game. It doesn't have to be like ROA, and it can still keep local banking intact. The very hardcore format of local banking in DND right now with limited supplementary features to make it meaningful is killing the game. It's killed off so many clans this "tedium", and to what end? What is the resulting gain from this tedium? Do we have more immersion? More unique players with specialized crafting and trading routes?

Naked porting already exists, open it up for everyone. Make it very selective, and expensive. I bet you there would be a huge population spike from such a compromise.

Re: Portal chambers
Reply #1
You can already do it through deathjumping pretty much, so why not make it an equal feature for everyone, and not just those with extensive holding and housing networks currently.
No, you can not already do it. Current implementation has timer that does not allow you to reach remote locations faster than with a mount. You can do one jump and have to wait 20 minutes to do the next one, which makes mounted travel being as efficient from this point.

When we are at it - @Ub3rgames remove the 10km house bind radius. I understand the 10km main bindstone radius, but houses should be standard 3,5km or something like that. Otherwise you contradict your own ideas/design.
  • Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 10:54:29 am by wildNothing

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
You can already do it through deathjumping pretty much, so why not make it an equal feature for everyone, and not just those with extensive holding and housing networks currently.
No, you can not already do it. Current implementation has timer that does not allow you to reach remote locations faster than with a mount. You can do one jump and have to wait 20 minutes to do the next one, which makes mounted travel being as efficient from this point.

When we are at it - @Ub3rgames remove the 10km house bind radius. I understand the 10km main bindstone radius, but houses should be standard 3,5km or something like that. Otherwise you contradict your own ideas/design.

Sometimes I forget the 20mins bullshit and can't respawn to where I want, and at that point I just go play something else and come back later

Reply #3
Sometimes I forget the 20mins bullshit and can't respawn to where I want, and at that point I just go play something else and come back later
That's fine, as long as it requires your char to be naked (RP reasons in your case I guess) and takes the same amount of time or longer than to travel IG.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Game's fine
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #5
Games perfect and is working as intended.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!