Skip to main content

Topic: The Formation of Liquidators (Read 1695 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Formation of Liquidators
Reply #75
"Ceiling attaching" and resting against a wall don't sound the same. That's def not exploit

Anyone have a picture of ceiling attaching?
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #76
You talking about shit like this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

thats not exploiting, is it? I mean there is literally a naked alt at every third vcp trying to hide like that. (prop way more but i only go to primetime vcps so dunno about the rest)

Reported for cheating. GET BANNED SON!

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #77
You talking about shit like this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

thats not exploiting, is it? I mean there is literally a naked alt at every third vcp trying to hide like that. (prop way more but i only go to primetime vcps so dunno about the rest)
Fun fact, your resting position is not updated to clients rendering your character object post-sitting, and they will see you in the default upright position.

Ever wondered how some people spotted you resting into a rock way too easily? Because on their screen your full body is visible.

Good ol' Darkfall engine.
Proud member of TD.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #78
Loadlag = rerest. Good rule to follow
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #79
Ceiling attaching is not an exploit since you do not use exploitative systems or mechanics to accomplish it. Whenever I see someone doing it (and I see it regularly), I don't really care to report it, I just kill the character doing it, since they are still perfectly targetable.

The only exploitative way to capture villages is to actually be within geometry.

its not really a normal gameplay feature either, and using it can make you really hard to spot if you are standing and most of your model is hidden

never seen anyone else do it before
You never once had a VCP tick down and you could not find the other guy?

Two things are likely in these cases. Either you got a well hidden player, such as one hanging onto a ledge, or you got someone hidden in geometry. The latter here is a known exploit, and I personally would not use it to this extent.

never had anyone cap from inside geometry, only had you unmount into the ceiling and rest and couldnt kill you with manamissile before you logged off as you probably couldnt get unstuck otherwise, iirc ur model is same color as the ceiling so was hard to spot

my neighbor's friend dog did the same and i heard there were 5 people searching for him but since you could only see like 5% of the model sticking out they couldn't find him before he capped and logged off

thanks tasos