Skip to main content

Topic: Delete otherbuffs from the game or make them last 2 seconds (Read 424 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Delete otherbuffs from the game or make them last 2 seconds
Reply #15
Powerful otherbuffs should be behind titles at the very least. Instead of useless shit like explosion.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
I like the current system.  If you land a Haste, you're sacrificing a 60pt Sacrufice.  Plus it adds a little more strategy... if foe is alert enough to see the Haste spell effects, then he can switch tactics and bow kite for 15 seconds.

Game would be more boring without it.  I know Van rolls solo and wants to maximize sooo viability, even every last little bit, but I think buff others are good for the game.  They've already been reduced from 2+ minutes in DFO to 15 seconds.

what if enemy gets buffed for melee+archery haste? lagswitch for 15 seconds? And ur not sacrificing a heal when target is already full hp LMAO

try not sucking dick so u didnt have to crutch on otherbuffs to win fights where you already outnumber the enemy

"OMG GUYS ITS SO DIFFICULT TO CAST THESE 0.2 CASTTIME OTHERBUFFS ON MY ALLIES WHO ARE STANDING IN FRONT OF ME PLEASE BUFF MY ALTFALL ZERGFALL GAMEPLAY I SUCK AT AIMING"

mages have:

noskill wof
best ranged dps in the game
free armor/dps buffs
free gear
best mobility
quiet casting sounds + near-instant casting = impossible to dodge
same protections as leather armor LMAO (and more with buffs ofc)
can beat physbuilds in melee because of buffs+same protections and 1h+shield is broken OP

physbuilds have:
earrape bow volume so everyone in draw distance radius can hear you start the fucking bow attack and dodge your shit
dogshit

if ur a mage u shouldnt be posting about balance at all because u only want to keep your noskill autoaim wof shit in the game because ur afraid of having to learn how to play

tldr; if ur a mage go kys
  • Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 11:57:13 pm by memes

Reply #17
Remove buff others. They have always been the most OP spells in the game. Double someones dps with an easy cast spell. Overwhelm your opponent in a 2v1. Don't care if it adds a teamwork element, I don't like relying on my dog brained allies to buff me at the right time.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
Please dont

Warding mid combat isnt as easy as you guys make it seem.
Yes a zerg does have people in the backline doing fuck all, able to ward people before they run in.
But, those people in the backline are doing even less if they need to go look for the people to ward.
It takes 3-10 seconds to get from there to the frontline, so...what duration of wards are you really scared of?

There's very very few video's showing wards being worthwhile to use, that alone should send a message.
Now if every damn video showed every ward paying off and turning the fight around, zerg always winning because of it...
Sure, we could talk...but right now, there's not only higher priority changes needed to the game...im not convinced its even needed.

Reply #19
I agree. Don't remove them, but make it as short as possible: 3-5 sec if we have to. Buffing others should be a playstyle, not something you do and forget. 30 second is actually too long.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
3-5 seconds is, with melee haste, like 1-2 additional hits?
I mean, at that point wouldnt a WoF just be better.

With protection wards its arguably even worse, you'd prevent 3 hits worth of 8 resistances?
Thats 24 hp, you could have just sacrificed and given 40...

Come on, you cant gut every spell in the game just because you dislike it
  • Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 07:06:02 pm by Nuyur

Reply #21
Game is perfect as is and requires no changes. Thats obvious based on devs communication and patching schedule.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #22
If you want them to last 5 seconds, they need to be fucking imba.
You'd need to make Protection spells give +50 protection for 3-5 seconds to make it worth casting. Otherwise, you'd be better off using a heal, as Nuyur said.

If buff-other spells need a nerf, then it's potency of Melee Haste, Ranged Haste, and maybe Ironskin and Magic Shield (the new buff-other from Raw Magic that gives a bit of all magic prots & impact prot)
Wards are already pretty underwhelming.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
If you want them to last 5 seconds, they need to be fucking imba.
You'd need to make Protection spells give +50 protection for 3-5 seconds to make it worth casting. Otherwise, you'd be better off using a heal, as Nuyur said.

If buff-other spells need a nerf, then it's potency of Melee Haste, Ranged Haste, and maybe Ironskin and Magic Shield (the new buff-other from Raw Magic that gives a bit of all magic prots & impact prot)
Wards are already pretty underwhelming.

you can cast like 5 otherbuffs in a second and then send the buffed guy into enemies on a ship/house/other small area and there is literally no counterplay to that

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Begone, wof, confusion, eye rot...