Skip to main content

Topic: Delete otherbuffs from the game or make them last 2 seconds (Read 423 times) previous topic - next topic

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Delete otherbuffs from the game or make them last 2 seconds
Don't need to give zergs even more power with otherbuffs, they already have heals and revive.

"oh ur a shit player? ill just give u melee haste so you autowin all 1v1's in melee by holding mouse1, no skill required"

"oh enemy is using fire magic in a 2v1? ill just buff my ally with fire ward and enemy automatically lost the fight"

You should already win by outnumbering the enemy, don't need any more advantages
  • Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 02:43:41 pm by memes

Re: Delete otherbuffs from the game or make them last 2 seconds
Reply #1
I agree. Never liked buffs in darkfall. They changed selfbuffs giving them some cons so at least it's not as bad as it was, but buff others are still game breakers (despite shorter duration). Too OP.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
I'd rather add some drawbacks to them than remove them all together. Haste reduces melee prots, ironskin reduces magic prots, magic ward reduces melee prots etc.

Reply #3
Its not easy to buffother in group fights. It need time, so better organized group will win bad-organized (zerg).
Dolly Monk

Reply #4
I like the current system.  If you land a Haste, you're sacrificing a 60pt Sacrufice.  Plus it adds a little more strategy... if foe is alert enough to see the Haste spell effects, then he can switch tactics and bow kite for 15 seconds.

Game would be more boring without it.  I know Van rolls solo and wants to maximize sooo viability, even every last little bit, but I think buff others are good for the game.  They've already been reduced from 2+ minutes in DFO to 15 seconds.

Reply #5
I like the current system.  If you land a Haste, you're sacrificing a 60pt Sacrufice.  Plus it adds a little more strategy... if foe is alert enough to see the Haste spell effects, then he can switch tactics and bow kite for 15 seconds.

Game would be more boring without it.  I know Van rolls solo and wants to maximize sooo viability, even every last little bit, but I think buff others are good for the game.  They've already been reduced from 2+ minutes in DFO to 15 seconds.
Game should be about risk vs reward. Now someone in high end gear has no chance vs studded because someone used two reagents to buff him. Now compare cost of high end gear vs studded + two reagents.

Reply #6
Lmao kys
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #7
What's next, remove heal other?

I agree any positive should have negative. But it's a team game and coordinated buffs win.
85% /s

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8

Game should be about risk vs reward. Now someone in high end gear has no chance vs studded because someone used two reagents to buff him. Now compare cost of high end gear vs studded + two reagents.

Buff others require 2 players tho. The high end gear guy can find a friend too.

Reply #9

Buff others require 2 players tho. The high end gear guy can find a friend too.
As a notorious solo player you should know that it's not always the case.

Reply #10
What's next, remove heal other?

I agree any positive should have negative. But it's a team game and coordinated buffs win.

It's a team game. So fight as a team. With other buffs there is no need for team fight. You just buff and watch your guy destroy the unbuffed char.

Reply #11
Why is the other guy not buffed??

Out teamplayed?
85% /s

Reply #12
Why is the other guy not buffed??

Out teamplayed?
he's alone, facing a team of two for example. Or with a team that is outnumbered (so all of them have opponents on them while enemy has few spare people to cast buffs). Buff others make the gap between such two teams much larger than it would be based on sheer numbers. Buff others promote mindless zerging. Don't fool yourself that there is any skill required in buffing your teammates when noone is attacking you. It's just an IWin button that not everyone capitalizes on. Everyone will though - sooner or later.
  • Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 05:40:28 pm by wildNothing

Reply #13
Please tailor the game to 1 man naked clans ub3r.

Reply #14
Please tailor the game to 1 man naked clans ub3r.
he's not the only one making the claim.