• Titles
    9 (4.7%)
  • Armor Traits and Tiered Robes/Leather
    16 (8.3%)
  • Localization (banking & bind changes)
    21 (10.9%)
  • Marketplaces
    17 (8.8%)
  • Skillups (Power Hour, Diminishing Returns, Engagement, spells tied to subschools)
    25 (13%)
  • Weapon Tweaks (arc/range, timed blocking, shield buffs)
    6 (3.1%)
  • Bunnyhopping and Mount Sprinting
    7 (3.6%)
  • PVE (Spawn Scaling, Champions)
    13 (6.7%)
  • Autoloot, item sorting & selection, grave shows skinned/looted
    23 (11.9%)
  • Hotkey customization
    10 (5.2%)
  • Holdings (safe windows, city upkeep, war dec cost)
    8 (4.1%)
  • Ability to craft with a shield out
    2 (1%)
  • Searchable map
    15 (7.8%)
  • Changes to buffs (self and others)
    12 (6.2%)
  • Other changes to spells (encumbrance, cast delay, jump cast, rays)
    5 (2.6%)
  • Shuffling of spells to different schools and changes to individual spells (e.g. WoF)
    4 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Topic: Unicorns and Rainbows poll (Read 586 times) previous topic - next topic

Unicorns and Rainbows poll
Pick your TOP FOUR of the changes DND has made.  

Yeah, my personal bias has influenced what goes on the list, and in how some of these categories are grouped together, but feel free to make your own damned poll!  ;)

/salute

Re: Unicorns and Rainbows poll
Reply #1
Its nice poll, coz ppl will see again, how much changes was already maked. Something changes like localization and market is great, but demand completion.
I dont like titles on craft, this lead to 2-3 alts. Pretty bad gamedesign.
Every time when i want craft i load alts, bring materials (that so far away from bank). Thats game mechanic spend a lot of my time.
Dolly Monk

• Valar
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Ability to craft with a shield out is my favorite, what a wonderful feat of software engineering.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
I can say that a lot of the early indev QoL changes were solid and it was those initial patches that gave me confidence in Ub3rgames. It is a real shame their GUI dev had to leave.

After that, the number of truly notable changes started to diminish. I was hoping to see more core engine improvements in the form of optimizations and modern OS usability, such as for example fixing the games boot-up process to not minimize all your windows to potato resolutions and to fix full screen alt-tabbing.

Any content related changes have, in my opinion, always been very hit and miss. The title system is a very poorly designed specialization system and I believe they can do better than that, but we all know how it is, they ran out of time near the end of indev and took shortcuts, we literally only had two weeks to test it before the launch, which meant zero player feedback could be considered for it.

As for the rest of the content changes, my measuring of them is dictated purely by one factor; How does content X improve my daily play sessions? In some cases, Ub3rgames made changes that negatively impacted my regular play sessions via increasing the tedium of the game. In my opinion all of those changes or additions were bad. On the other hand, any change or addition that positively adds value or fun to my daily play sessions is obviously a good thing.

My hope for Ub3rgames is that we get more "fun" moving forward, and less "tedium", and I hope they hold to their past comments about wanting to go for the most hard-line release version of the game first and then rebuilding it with features they deem convenient within their vision. Perhaps @Ub3rgames can come out of hiding to at least confirm or deny whether this is still their current goal, since a lot of people still don't really understand where this game is going.
  • Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 12:28:41 pm by Raap
Proud member of TD.

Reply #4
As for the rest of the content changes, my measuring of them is dictated purely by one factor; How does content X improve my daily play sessions? In some cases, Ub3rgames made changes that negatively impacted my regular play sessions via increasing the tedium of the game. In my opinion all of those changes or additions were bad. On the other hand, any change or addition that positively adds value or fun to my daily play sessions is obviously a good thing.
Indeed they formed ub3rgames for you, to improve your daily play session. All they talk about is you and your daily play sessions. That's for sure. They punish themselves every time patch does not meet your expectations and your play session is not improved. Every time you post how you are giving them their last chance they panic.

Can you imagine numbers of self absorbed guys messaging them how they think game needs to be changed because otherwise they will not enjoy their daily play session? I would think you are a kid Raap, but I know you are not (age wise). Grow up though.

Back to the topic:
@Rimamok I don't see any option for alignment related changes that resulted in first glimpses of race wars. I would have voted on that.
  • Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 12:51:27 pm by wildNothing

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Indeed they formed ub3rgames for you, to improve your daily play session. All they talk about is you and your daily play sessions. That's for sure. They punish themselves every time patch does not meet your expectations and your play session is not improved. Every time you post how you are giving them their last chance they panic.

Can you imagine numbers of self absorbed guys messaging them how they think game needs to be changed because otherwise they will not enjoy their daily play session? I would think you are a kid Raap, but I know you are not (age wise). Grow up though.

I always give people a second chance when I let them join my various clans, but I think I must have been severely intoxicated the day I gave you your chance. You just keep looking for ways to pull other people's opinions apart and demonize them... In the most idiotic way any person could come up with.

Everyone knows fully well that I speak not purely about myself, but about a general feeling - a play style - shared by more than myself. I did not invent a play style exclusive to just myself, I could not possibly have done so.
Proud member of TD.

Reply #6
Voted on Localization, Skillups, Searchable map and Shuffling of spells to different schools and changes to individual spells.

Would however very much like to see some kind of community structured poll of what people think would bring most new players to the game cause I assume that is something we all agree on is needed.

Reply #7
As a newb it boggles my mind that current vets played without:
>Autoloot, item sorting & selection, grave shows skinned/looted
So many years of dragging things from one place to the other, straining your wrist for such basic tasks.

It still irks me that there's a delay between skinning and looting caused by switching out the skinning knife. I see it as a relic from making the utility items (Wood Axe, Pickaxe etc.) baseline, looks weird from NPE nonetheless.
The stars were right again, and what an age-old cult had failed to do by design,
a band of innocent sailors had done by accident.

Reply #8
So many years of dragging things from one place to the other, straining your wrist for such basic tasks.

It still irks me that there's a delay between skinning and looting caused by switching out the skinning knife. I see it as a relic from making the utility items (Wood Axe, Pickaxe etc.) baseline, looks weird from NPE nonetheless.

We had auto loot scripts..

Reply #9
I'm honestly surprised that I'm the only one having voted for Bunnyhopping changes!  Back in DFO we could never pull off a win against TSL, not ever, because in those few fights we were winning, they would just use the Infinite Escape mechanism.

These days I love the shape bunnyhopping is in.  It's still powerful and skill based, but not ridiculous.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Play full heavy against a mage, you will remember the "good old days".
Only mages think bunnyhopping is in a good spot

Reply #11

Back to the topic:
@Rimamok I don't see any option for alignment related changes that resulted in first glimpses of race wars. I would have voted on that.
The discussion becomes very dull if everyone agrees. Ub3rgames have made some questionable decisions and they act extremely arrogant about it in PM's when questioned. I dont know what kind of game they're trying to shape DFND into but it's bordering on the simulation spectre (ie. RPing idiots running around all day to do 1 thing *cough*arma*cough*).

Play full heavy against a mage, you will remember the "good old days".
Only mages think bunnyhopping is in a good spot
Played mage since start and I think bhoppin should be the same for everyone. It's pointless to balance around mobility anyways, just leads to "who can kite more".
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #12
Title system sux when you can't even pick 1 or 2 crafting title as a fighter who plays to win.

Reply #13

We had auto loot scripts..
Yep... that was definitely the only reason that I didn't vote for this in the poll... because there was a 3rd party workaround.

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
didnt read post so i voted what i hated most LUL