Skip to main content

Topic: Let me drop mining mastery (Read 425 times) previous topic - next topic

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Let me drop mining mastery
Reply #15
Nono, you are right about the double drops.
The part you are missing is that super early on, you only get taps of 1 ore.
which means to empty a mine node of 130 ores...you get to roll 130 times for the rare ores.

While with mining mastery, skill and wisdom, you get 3-5 on every hit...so the doubling up of rare ores WHEN they drop, dont compensate for the 3-5x less rolls you do.
Correct me again if I am wrong, but isn't the "1 ore per cycle" a ND thing? I'm pretty sure the quality per swing was static in DF1; 1 from wild nodes, 3-5 from city nodes, regardless of skill and wisdom. The only thing the base skill did was reduce stam cost, mastery increased cycle speed, wisdom increased rare probabilities.

So, again, I do think this is a ND thing caused by unnecessary gimping of new characters. Would the solution not be to simply normalize cycle rates on nodes, and have titles/skills/wisdom merely impact rare probabilities, stamina efficient, and cycle time? With quantities normalized, you fix this problem and advanced characters gain better odds purely based on wisdom.

No fancy code magic required most likely. You just pre-determine the cycle rates, to make them static and not look up any other game logic to determine quantities for basic materials.
  • Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 01:47:04 pm by Raap
Proud member of TD.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
You got 1 iron per tap in DFO aswell on new chars, but the wisdom hurt your rare ore gains so bad most people favord a quicker clear time. (esp because...the city node only had 1 pool to pull from, city raiding was a thing and with the portal network there were more mines to get to).

DnD frontloaded stats...so your 17 wisdom new character is more like 60 wisdom DFO.
But wisdom doesnt impact the ammount of ores you could get per tap, so...

Bonus penalties for people with the labourer title, they can get up to 7 iron ore per tap, further reducing their rare ore output.

So...it wasnt very noticable in DFO, people spend MUCH less time at mines and you had to pay subscription so you werent likely to have dozens of alts to begin with, and there was value to having utility unlocked on your alt for pve reasons alone.

DnD, every single alt gets to hit the same mine for basicly the same ammount or resources (110-130 mostly).
You notice a huge gap because wisdom is frontloaded, while the mining skill isnt. (also mastery does some weird shit now, you cant reduce cycle time with it anymore so they made it impact gains even more. Its a title to reduce time).
And there's no subscription, so even if you didnt buy any alts...every player that quits just gives his log in details to the clan (officers) and it stays in use. (not everybody ofc, but ...a lot)
Spawn scaling kind of fucks up the use of an alt to ward/heal yourself with, ontop wards lasting way too short...the heals alone just arent worth it.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Right.

On this note, I actually do not care to see rare rates "buffed" for veteran characters. Sure, I would like to see more things normalized for improved consistency, but I rather keep the current rates as the "peak" yield.

Should this get resolved, and rares somehow become problematic, I'm more in favor of seeing a bunch more Golems added to various locations, especially Selentine. They are, in a weird way, the games only form of "active harvesting", and with risk should come greater reward... At the moment, you do get too many rares from mines, and I say this while owning and tapping one with 5 accounts.
Proud member of TD.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
The rare ore golems got hit by the pve scaling nerfs just as hard, ontop of increased health for the lower end ones.
Which means, unless you cycle them and find something else to kill near by as a solo, they are not worth farming at all.

Mines too good, team farming too bad.
You cant sustain yourself from rare ore golems, even if you camped it all day long.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
The rare ore golems got hit by the pve scaling nerfs just as hard, ontop of increased health for the lower end ones.
Which means, unless you cycle them and find something else to kill near by as a solo, they are not worth farming at all.

Mines too good, team farming too bad.
You cant sustain yourself from rare ore golems, even if you camped it all day long.
Add to the massive pile of oversights made by Ub3rgames.
Proud member of TD.