Re: Let me drop mining mastery
Reply #1
More alts

Reply #2
 Please, @Ub3rgames

Reply #3
Remove stupid holding nodes. All of them. Reintroduce open world harvesting (that got totally removed by holding nodes when they got built).

And then look at the problem of people with lower level gathering having more chances of getting rares.

Reply #4
Remove stupid holding nodes. All of them. Reintroduce open world harvesting (that got totally removed by holding nodes when they got built).

And then look at the problem of people with lower level gathering having more chances of getting rares.

This would be fine with me if holdings had other values.
Maybe "tax" gatherers in the area by having some go to local clan holding bank.
85% /s

Reply #5
Please, I dont get rares from holdings' mines :'(

It's not the mastery and it's only City nodes that new characters get a higher percentage. The way Mark explain it to me was they used a different formula for City nodes and it can't be corrected. He didn't say but I'm guessing that's part of the motivation to removing the city nodes to outside the walls that they want to do

- just relaying what I was told not looking for a 10-page discussion on what's up with rares in new characters

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #6

and remove nodes under tower range or make them have 10 items each

Reply #7
Lol, can't be corrected?  That's ludicrous.

Reply #8
Lol, can't be corrected?  That's ludicrous.

" can't be corrected" is coder talk for I'd have to rewrite the whole section that would probably take me a massive  amount of time to correct a small stupid thing i plan to just remove entirely and do something else later (it's on the roadmap)

- I'm just saying there's a reason why nobody has used this game engine in the last 10 years when studios are notoriously always looking for another game engine

Reply #9
New characters getting very different drop rates on rare ores is not a "small stupid thing".  There's a reason people would harvest on a toon, then after a while delete and make a new toon, and it wasn't because the impact was "small".

Reply #10

and remove nodes under tower range or make them have 10 items each
Nodes under towers have 15 items each. Not that big a deal

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
I thought something was wrong, I guess this confirms it.

This is a ND bug. Back in DF2012 you'd gain an increasingly higher probability of gaining double rares on mines based on your mastery level, and higher probability on rares at all based on your wisdom level.

At 75 mastery you had 100% chance to always get 2 rare ores or steedgrass per trigger.

Seems in ND they completely broke this part of the formulas.
Proud member of TD.

Reply #12

This is a ND bug. Back in DF2012 you'd gain an increasingly higher probability of gaining double rares on mines based on your mastery level, and higher probability on rares at all based on your wisdom level.

At 75 mastery you had 100% chance to always get 2 rare ores or steedgrass per trigger.

The bug is from 2009 original DF.

I'm surprised an exploiter like yourself wasn't aware of it

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13

The bug is from 2009 original DF.

I'm surprised an exploiter like yourself wasn't aware of it
I do not remember it like this because the way it worked in DF1 I literally just described in my prior post, and I'm unlikely to be wrong. However, if I somehow miss-remember, fair enough, it happens.
Proud member of TD.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Nono, you are right about the double drops.
The part you are missing is that super early on, you only get taps of 1 ore.
which means to empty a mine node of 130 ores...you get to roll 130 times for the rare ores.

While with mining mastery, skill and wisdom, you get 3-5 on every hit...so the doubling up of rare ores WHEN they drop, dont compensate for the 3-5x less rolls you do.