Skip to main content

Topic: So.. I bought an alt. Quick story and complaint (Read 1650 times) previous topic - next topic

• Meth
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: So.. I bought an alt. Quick story and complaint
Reply #45
and Ivar continues to raise the Autism spectrum to levels not yet discovered.
Quote from: Ub3rgames
Please understand that unlike during InDev, we are forced to communicate only once per week at most.

The writing of this reply has taken a bit more than a full man-day.

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #46
Just give everyone a single crafting slot and harvesting slot. Boom, fixed.

For low pop, anyhow.

Truth is, this system is designed for many players. This is why you need an alt. Because the player that is supposed to fill that role does not play.

Pallist makes a good point a few posts before this. Actually having the crafting title should give durability bonuses.

Allow everyone to craft what they want, but give it 10 durability without having a title.

Id also like to see community har esting nodes, which give more per harvest depending on your harvesting title level. Make it so if you dont have the title for that node, you cant harvest.
  • Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 12:58:37 am by Kenman
twitch.tv/KenMan

Reply #47
dafuq? Do you even know what you're trying to argue anymore?

Now, take your time to shoot this shit down. I'm sure you will think you win when people ignore you. Seems to be the theme where you're right and the world is crazy.

Games fine, nothing to see here. move along folks. lol

brb, logging in the crafting alts.
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

Reply #48
dafuq? Do you even know what you're trying to argue anymore?

Now, take your time to shoot this shit down. I'm sure you will think you win when people ignore you. Seems to be the theme where you're right and the world is crazy.

Games fine, nothing to see here. move along folks. lol

brb, logging in the crafting alts.
I ditch my crafting titles and notice the substantial difference. Kloc does the same once we level a new armorsmith. Our crafting titles immediately go to zero.

Now Ub3r has set their trap.

What happens if one of the guys with a crafting quits?
Do I drop combat titles on my main and wait 45 days to craft gear?
45 days... For skills I've already grinded up but ditched because the immense gains of combat titles.
IMMENSE gains of combat titles
. The Marculator math on titles not mattering that much are so far off it's silly. Just the extra utility of air and arcane are absurd.

So... I bought an alt to level a backup of crafting I've already done because title timers take forever and combat titles being essential end game.

You win altfall. Nice trap Ub3r....

The already immense barrier to get into pvp for pve type players is even worse now because they're handicapped. GSO crafters.

My conclusion is the crafting title system needs a major overhaul and simply does not work.

Do you even know what your posting is really the question because I thought it was pretty clear I was arguing against everything above........I even put it in big letters for you. F+ on trying to dodge your argument gettting shot down like the pos post it was.

Reply #49
in darkfall, 4% gains are immense....

TY for color coding my original post.

Reply #50
Even though people don't need all 5 titles because they cancel each other out,  when Ub3r does a title expansion, 1 or 2 titles should be set aside to just industry.  How would you feel if you all were given 4 titles just for combat and 1 just for industry?

Reply #51
Some are proposing giving 1-2 dedicated crafting slots per char.  I think that could work.

Some are also recommending those slots be MAX crafting slots per character.  But think of the impact on the existing characters who have already ground their crafting alts with 5 titles.... all the mats and hours they've poured into their characters.  Those players would leave and never look back.

I like suggestion 1, but definite NO to a max number of crafting titles per char.  We're too far in for that.

Even though people don't need all 5 titles because they cancel each other out
Great troll   :)
  • Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 02:23:57 am by Rimamok

Reply #52
I really wonder what ivars title set up is, does he not use an alt? Guy must be rocking 3 combat 2 crafting and still banging kids out
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #53
I really wonder what ivars title set up is, does he not use an alt? Guy must be rocking 3 combat 2 crafting and still banging kids out
Ivar had two alts while he was in our clan. Both were industry oriented characters and his main NEVER had any crafting titles.

LET ME REWRITE THIS GUYS.

IVAR HAS TWO ALTS AND HE HAS NEVER HAD INDUSTRY TITLES OF ANY KIND ASIDE FROM SKINNING AT ONE POINT ON HIS MAIN.

Dude talks out of both sides of his mouth. Plays a fucking forum warrior because no one cares to play the game with him. I play more than this tard and all I do is log in to pay taxes and do sieges
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #54
Your taking an extreme position - none are saying get rid of crafters.  Your assertion that adding an additional industry only title will  suddenly change peoples play styles is simply incorrect - its a dooms-day worst case scenario view and an extreme extrapolation from where we are.

People who like to craft are going to craft, people who don't craft are not going to craft. 
Rhuk, this is NOT dooms-day worst case scenario view and an extreme extrapolation from where we are. It's history, written from experience with dfo. If small group of pvp players will be able to cover all their needs, player that likes to craft won't be needed at all. So he will go craft in different game.

Also, let's talk about suggestion most of you guys voice. You suggest 5+1 titles. Everyone can already have 4+1 titles (last one being crafting title). Why would you add mandatory crafting title to 5 titles that we have available now? To make sure everyone takes crafting? This makes not much sense to me. What about 5+1 mandatory melee title? Or 5+1 mandatory magic title? Your intentions are not clear to me while at the same time your suggestion would steer game into "single role available to players" direction again (harm the game).

4 combat titles + 1 crafting one is not necessarily worse than 5 combat titles. As combat titles usually make something weaker too. And it's definitely not a game changer. So if you think 1 mandatory crafting title will save the game just take it now guys. You don't need to ask developers for it. It's already possible in the game.

And if you don't like skill cap - well, sorry, wrong game then.
  • Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 09:29:23 am by wildNothing

Reply #55
Your taking an extreme position - none are saying get rid of crafters.  Your assertion that adding an additional industry only title will  suddenly change peoples play styles is simply incorrect - its a dooms-day worst case scenario view and an extreme extrapolation from where we are.

People who like to craft are going to craft, people who don't craft are not going to craft. 
Rhuk, this is NOT dooms-day worst case scenario view and an extreme extrapolation from where we are. It's history, written from experience with dfo. If small group of pvp players will be able to cover all their needs, player that likes to craft won't be needed at all. So he will go craft in different game.

Also, let's talk about suggestion most of you guys voice. You suggest 5+1 titles. Everyone can already have 4+1 titles (last one being crafting title). Why would you add mandatory crafting title to 5 titles that we have available now? To make sure everyone takes crafting? This makes not much sense to me. What about 5+1 mandatory melee title? Or 5+1 mandatory magic title? Your intentions are not clear to me while at the same time your suggestion would steer game into "single role available to players" direction again (harm the game).

4 combat titles + 1 crafting one is not necessarily worse than 5 combat titles. As combat titles usually make something weaker too. And it's definitely not a game changer. So if you think 1 mandatory crafting title will save the game just take it now guys. You don't need to ask developers for it. It's already possible in the game.

And if you don't like skill cap - well, sorry, wrong game then.

Its so everyone can craft SOMETHING without feeling like theyre gimping their chances in combat...

This is a game of min-maxing, if you give people the choice to have a combat boost OR a crafting skill then everyone will feel obliged to take the combat boost. If you remove that then they will happily use it for something they want to use it for as they will not feel disadvantaged by that choice.

The number 4+1 or 5+1 or 3+2 or 5+2 etc doesnt matter so much.
  • Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 11:39:18 am by AbusiveLover
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #56

Its so everyone can craft SOMETHING without feeling like theyre gimping their chances in combat...

This is a game of min-maxing, if you give people the choice to have a combat boost OR a crafting skill then everyone will feel obliged to take the combat boost. If you remove that then they will happily use it for something they want to use it for as they will not feel disadvantaged by that choice.

The number 4+1 or 5+1 or 3+2 or 5+2 etc doesnt matter so much.

I think it 's not true. Not every player is willing to min/max his combat perks. Even more true if crafters are a precious commodity for clans and races and can make good profit out of it. It is not the case now, i can give you that.
  • Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 03:33:19 pm by Prokoz

Reply #57
They wanted to make crafters special. Most of the quit. Lol.

Reply #58
@wildNothing - Its not a binary argument, loosening the restrictive nature of the title system isn't going to turn the game into a "single role available to players", it simply adds more options and content without the perception of putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Why change to 5+1 over 4+1 ?  because its a carrot not a stick - 5+1 adds more content, without the stick of having to sacrifice something for access to crafting.  This allows players limited access to craft without feeling like they are putting themselves at a disadvantage or being limited/punished for there choice.

About mandatory melee or magic titles - no one has asked or wants them so why should we consider it ?  I don't think they would make much sense.

Reply #59
Let's say the 5th title really didn't matter to min max.
So now I take 4 combat and 1 crafting.
I can only enchant that 1 craft.
Let's split that build between 5 characters.
Anyone want to do the enchanting grind 5 times?
As long as you can take ALL crafting titles on a single character this game will always be altfall crafting and the vision will always be mocked by paying to make things easier.
To me, that's why 5+2 is a better system. With the +2 being strictly crafting and introducing enchanting title.

Now.. down the road...
I'd like to combine that with what you brought up wild.
I agree that the 5 shouldn't strictly be PvP type titles. I'd love to see interesting ideas (please don't argue the balance of what i list here, these are just quick example)
Horsemanship: mounts 10% faster
Pirate: ships move and turn faster
Tracker: see nearby chaos chests (and eventually) wandering mobs on map
Sneaky: mobs less likely to attack if in party
Annoying: mobs more likely to attack if in party

Top of my head shit. But stuff for the people who aren't pvp focused or some crossover stuff like mount speed that either could use.