Skip to main content

Topic: Regaining alignment (Read 233 times) previous topic - next topic

Regaining alignment
This is still an unknown to me, as I have never had negative alignment in all versions of darkfall until somewhat recently. I was part of a larger clan and we were raided in our city. One of my clanmates was afk at the bank and geared up nicely, so I told people in discord, I was going to kill him and loot his stuff to give them back later. It turns out, he had refused to toggle forgive clan killing and clan ganking, (and even after this continued to keep it that way, which is ridiculous, imo)

So I ended up with losing alignment. How do I go about getting that back? U have heard praying mentioned, can someone explain how that works? Is there someplace in a capital city I can go to? I am still blue, but am on the line and don't care for that, just in case.
Vynn-Former Leader of Adamo Aetas (AA) from DF1, DF-UW, Mortal Online, and about 40 other mmos....

Re: Regaining alignment
Reply #1
Alignment system:
- The maximum alignment is now 12.
- Praying now gives +4 alignment.
- First time praying costs 500g.
- Each times a character prays, the cost of praying increases by 100g.

You can only pray at (some) chaos cities.
Open your map, and in the global map options enable "Church". It'll show you Chaos cities where you can pray at.
Praying has a 24h cooldown (or maybe it's 22h), and you need to have gold in your inventory (afaik - you can't use global gold)
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Cost increases by 500g
22h cd
Yes gold in backpack

Reply #3
So it only costs 500g? Thanks guys.
Vynn-Former Leader of Adamo Aetas (AA) from DF1, DF-UW, Mortal Online, and about 40 other mmos....

Reply #4
Bad News though: even back at max alignment, you won't get full qiest rewards for a while as there is a hidden timer. I think one month?

Reply #5
Bad News though: even back at max alignment, you won't get full qiest rewards for a while as there is a hidden timer. I think one month?
I'd call it a good news. Good mechanic.

Reply #6
I'd call it a good news. Good mechanic.
It's good that there's a lasting penalty, but it sucks that it's not explained (or even mentioned) anywhere in-game.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #7
It is bad news because it is a hidden, unexplained, undocumented (beside an obscure forum post) and somewhat unintuitive feature. People med back up to full and see rewards still being way less than their "permanent blue" friends.

There should simply be a progress bar that fills up with time.

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
hidden, unexplained, undocumented (beside an obscure forum post) and somewhat unintuitive feature

Sounds like most features in this game atm, if @Ub3rgames doesn't allow new players to learn about these features without reading some 2 year old patchnotes before marketing the game, its RIP for new dawn

Reply #9
hidden, unexplained, undocumented (beside an obscure forum post) and somewhat unintuitive feature

Sounds like most features in this game atm, if @Ub3rgames doesn't allow new players to learn about these features without reading some 2 year old patchnotes before marketing the game, its RIP for new dawn
Hysteria strikes again.

This game is 10 years old. It has never had any solid official documentation or help system. We learned most of it alone somehow. Most of it you can test yourself. Some of it you will ask about - ask your clan mates that are vets or ask devs/gms. Some stuff we still might do not know.

Of course it would be better to have it documented and present in some vast help system. But to say "It's RIP for new dawn"? Bitch, stfu, I'm really fed up with all the crying and exaggeration.
  • Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 03:48:25 pm by wildNothing

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Not much to RIP anyways. I could see if there were 2-3k real players and people were crying RIP. Now why does that feel like dejavu...
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
This game is 10 years old. It has never had any solid official documentation or help system. We learned most of it alone somehow. Most of it you can test yourself

its 2018, 99% of players wont bother with that shit