Skip to main content

Topic: Premium mounts at 25, 75 and 100 taming with specific functions (Read 206 times) previous topic - next topic

Premium mounts at 25, 75 and 100 taming with specific functions
First off, roads should give +20% speed and 10% stam reduction IMO

25 taming skill
Armored versions of the racial mounts, +25% defense +10 stamina drain. Requires 1 steedgrass, 10 leather, 20 ingots. 5 selentine ingots
Faster version of racial mount. +20% standard speed, -15% sprint stamina usage, +10% sprint speed, half standard mount health. Requires 1 steed grass, 3 greenleaf, 10 cloth 20 leather

50 taming skills stays as is

75 taming skill. 4 steed grass and specialized materials.
Aquatic mount. On land, it is a slow as mounts are on water, In water, same as standard mounts are on land with equal sprint. Can also dive to allow people to hide or get away, or to sneak up like if capturing a island based village cap point. Breath needs to be held, reason to use gills. Standard defense. Equal to racial mounts. Requires 100 leather, 10 ingots, 3 seaweed.

Multiple carry mount. Able to have 2 players on at one time, must be in party or clan. Lower defense and health, equal to Blue tail.  Similar speed, no sprint, slightly higher stam drain as blue tail. 50 leather, 20 ingots, 50 cloth 4 golem sparkstone.

tank mount. Never able to sprint, barely able to jump, stuck at standard mount speed. Very high carry weight, high defense. Uses stamina all the time, just above what full studded and food can compensate for. (would require breaks) 100 ingots, 10 veilron ingots, 40 leather, 3 golem quartz

100 taming skill. All need 5 steedgrass plus specialized mats for each.

Cargo wagon. similar platform set up as a raft, but smaller. Highest possible carry amount. Driver same as raft, not able to defend, players can ride on back and fire like off a raft. High Durability in the rear, on the cart, significantly lower durability if hitting the animal pulling it. High health. slightly slower than standard racial mount, no sprint. Nearly no stamina drain, able to be offset by food.
100 ingots, 500 wood, 100 leather, 3 metal sparkstone.

Speed mount, cheetah like. Twice the speed of any other mount, nearly no physical defense. 2 good hits to kill it. fair bit of stamina usage, sprint boosts speed significantly but drains stam very fast. Short trips of rest stops needed regularly, no mount carry bag. 40 thick leather, 100 cloth, 5 Yggdrasil Leaf

2 person aquatic mount. Average health,. Similar speed and stamina usage as a blue tail. Slower than mount standard speed on land, but not as slow as standard mounts are in water. cannot jump. 500 kg mount bag. party members or clan members can join owner of mount. 50 thick leather, 10 neithal ingots, 5 elemental cloth, 4 serpentine greenleaf

Flying mount. (thinking like a wyvern, dragon like, small body bat like wings) One hit kill. no mount bags. Sprinting makes it go forward and up, just moving forward makes it drift down. High stam usage when sprinting, average when just going forward. Not going forward makes it drift down slowly, going backwards makes it drop like a stone causing mount damage on landing. Dies in water. Stamina management and rest stops will be key for long journeys, running out of stamina makes it fall as if pushing backwards, so damage on landing. taking landing damage twice will kill it if not healed. Walk speed on land very slow and cannot jump. Need to be very careful around spawns, as stray shot will kill it, and not getting caught over water without planning out distances properly. Very situational but fastest way to travel anywhere. 20 thick leather, 25 elemental cloth, 1 dragon heart, 1 dragon scale.

Cost, material difficulty and downsides compensate for the upsides and benefits. Having an alternative to ships for the frequent water crossing, speeding world travel without requiring instant travel would bring more of the world to players.

Thoughts?
  • Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 05:13:01 am by Longhairdfreak
Vynn-Former Leader of Adamo Aetas (AA) from DF1, DF-UW, Mortal Online, and about 40 other mmos....

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Premium mounts at 25, 75 and 100 taming with specific functions
Reply #1
I like it all man. I personally wanted the taming title to allow you to craft mounts away from a workbench and transfer your armor protections to whatever mount you were riding so there'd be more mounted warriors out there
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
water mount would make water a safezone against people with no water mount, other than that yeah why not

Reply #3
roads could accelerate you slowly to a fast speed over the course of 1-2mins, or maybe anywhere.

Reply #4
and tbh no don't want to carry more mounts and have to get more tard mounts, mountgrind

Reply #5
It would simplify a number of things, like crossing to the outer islands and getting from one side of the world to another, and offsetting the utility with the squishyness of the upper mounts. And crafters like myself sure could use a better cargo option.
Vynn-Former Leader of Adamo Aetas (AA) from DF1, DF-UW, Mortal Online, and about 40 other mmos....

Reply #6
Ships are for that. Mounts should actually slowly die in water. The whole "i will cross the sea on a mount" aspect of the game is retarded.

Reply #7
I'd totally be ok with the regular mounts dying of exhaustion eventually. Normal mounts in water should greatly increase stamina usage, and when they run out, they sink and drown. And it should go up dramatically by the amount of cargo they carry. But I still think a number of my ideas could compliment this. The taming skill just needs more to it. At least armored versions of the standard mount and a a large cargo option. Something that could effectively carry STONE for instance. Wagon can carry 10,000 kg for instance. Not that I don't want some of my other ideas included, I'd say there should be some other things at 25, 75 and 100.
Taming has so much more potential.

Maybe at 100 you can gt a standard speed mount that has a very short version of flame breath or something, but when killed explodes in a ball of flame.
  • Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 06:04:56 pm by Longhairdfreak

Reply #8
I'd start with a simple packmule:
* two times carry capacity of regular racial mount
* can't sprint

Could even temporarily use the same model of regular racial mount
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #9
* can't sprint

Exactly, something, anything. There needs to be SOME way to carry stone for instance... or swordfish!

Reply #10
* can't sprint

Use a Crog model, maybe scaled down.
I'd like a wagon though, that way one could ride "Shotgun" and defend while the other drove. Orrr that fancy wagon in Adianthel would be nice.