Skip to main content

Topic: Meditation / Power hour  (Read 422 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Meditation / Power hour
Reply #15
I have always found Power Hour to be a good inventive to play for one hour actively the and then log off to meditate... And the incentive to log in once a day is better fulfilled by dungeon quests really.

Why not boost the general XP by 30% or so (depending on whatever the average play session is) and remove Power Hour? That's an indirect nerf to meditation too. Sure the "no lifers" would get a maybe sightly bigger edge but to be frank they are all done by now, and this would help newer players catch up. Actually put it to 100% for crafting :p

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
Have meditation work online too, and make powerhour buff duration only go down when in "active pve" mode, can even reduce it to 45min if needed so when you go do powerhour and someone tries to kill you at mobspawn it doesn't make you want to log off after dying because you already wasted 30min of ph on PvP and traveling
  • Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:17:52 pm by memes

Reply #17
I don't know about normal gains being increased. Maybe we're just spoiled by how powerful power hour is. For whatever base is adjusted to...
Power hour increases by 30%

Change power hour to a toggle buff that drains your "power hour" and regains it when it's off.
Put a 10 minute CD on casting.

This would reduce the idea of only grinding on power hour and allow people to stagger it so they can farm multiple mobs with it, stop and do a clan activity, etc.
The existing "kill a mob and log off till it respawns" method for hard mobs would also be gone.

Just want to add no one's idea is right or wrong. This is obviously far more a community brainstorming thread to fix mechanics the players clearly feel promotes logging off.

I still don't have ideas for the meditation fix... I do like the smaller med pool though the more i think about it (with some other reward for going above cap)
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

Reply #18
I've said it before - meditation should work 18h per day. It wouldn't incentivize people to log off (let's be real, very few have more than 6h available for actual playing, and even fewer actually would play that much).

Also, there's way too many skills that are still very hard to level by actual playing. That needs to change as soon as is convenient to spend dev time on it.

This seems a very good idea

Reply #19
spending meditation points to make your next powerhour become more effective is a good idea for an instant meditation sink that actually promotes players to stay online.

Reply #20
They would just stay online for the boosted PH. What's making them stay online after PH is over?
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
spending meditation points to make your next powerhour become more effective is a good idea for an instant meditation sink that actually promotes players to stay online.

Would make new players uninstall after they get jumped at mobspawn 10 mins into power hour, more than they do now

Reply #22

Would make new players uninstall after they get jumped at mobspawn 10 mins into power hour, more than they do now

Delusional. I don't even get jumped in enemy racial dungeons.

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
Yeah I want to be able to meditate mastery skill from 25 to 100 without logging in for weeks to get more med

Reply #24
Yeah I want to be able to meditate mastery skill from 25 to 100 without logging in for weeks to get more med
Exactly why a lower cap is better
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.