Skip to main content

Topic: Meditation / Power hour  (Read 552 times) previous topic - next topic

Meditation / Power hour
@Ub3rgames

#1: Increase med Cap: Why? see next suggestion to understand why

#2: Power Meditation: Pay 100k meditation to gain 100% increase meditation for 24 hours

#3: Increase power hour to 200% until a certain point is reach for new player. Why? because new player will be so far behind that it's gonna demotivate them.

These suggestion are for new and old player so we can all benefit from the bindstone patch. I feal like old player wont gain anything from bindstone patch from i understand of it.

Re: Meditation / Power hour
Reply #1
This needs an entire rework.
The system encourages people to log off or to not farm unless power hour is available.
When ph is available, group activities are missed because someone is on power hour and doesn't want to waste it.
Crafting, same issue.

Please rework log off enticing mechanics
85% /s

Reply #2
This needs an entire rework.
The system encourages people to log off or to not farm unless power hour is available.
When ph is available, group activities are missed because someone is on power hour and doesn't want to waste it.
Crafting, same issue.

Please rework log off enticing mechanics
+1

Meditation was supposed to be a catch-up mechanic, not a way to level characters.
PH was supposed to make people log in, but instead people log off (to meditate) as soon as PH is over.

And in general, there's way too little content outside of grinding chars/crafts

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #3
Well Would you have any idea that would spend meditation cause so far the bindstone patch that they work so hard on feal really useless to me.  Spend Meditation for skill up ?
Allow meditation while online for 24h?

any tought @Wyverex  @Pallist Horror

Reply #4
Have meditation usable offline as is, or usable as a currency to purchase more power hour? Like 100k med gets you another hour of ph? maybe that's high, 50k med? like 50k med to reset the ph cooldown. Bump med cap to 400k?
Vynn-Former Leader of Adamo Aetas (AA) from DF1, DF-UW, Mortal Online, and about 40 other mmos....

Reply #5
To my understanding, Meditation is a catch up mechanic for the casual player. I'm going to type this as i think, so bare with the steam of questions.

Maybe the issue isn't Meditation but the lack of anything to do for rewards other than Meditation.

Raising the caps just allows people to log out even longer.

Just for fun, let's look at the opposite direction.

What happens if you reduced med cap? 50%, 25%? So at most your get 4 days of med below 50 skill amd 2 days med above 50 skill (averaging).

What to do with the med when you hit cap?
Gold? Power hour points(remember, i don't like power hour either)?  Clan med? A new currency?
There needs to be a reward for playing more.
Reduce title timers above 50?
Make weapons glow for pure cosmetic?

I don't have an answer. But raising the cap won't solve it.
I'd say make us dump med more frequently is better and continuing to try and make it a catch up mechanic for the causal.

I don't have an answer to this...
85% /s

Reply #6
Raising the cap only made the list because i wanted a deeper pool to spend on expensive usable stuff for old player. But i agree that if they raise the amount without anything to spend on it will be an offline paradise.

Reply #7
how about meditation is only usable for the duration of playtime in the previous 24 hour period. So if u play 3 hours, your toon can med for 3 hours offline. reward more online time with more offline time.
Vynn-Former Leader of Adamo Aetas (AA) from DF1, DF-UW, Mortal Online, and about 40 other mmos....

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
how about meditation is only usable for the duration of playtime in the previous 24 hour period. So if u play 3 hours, your toon can med for 3 hours offline. reward more online time with more offline time.

How's that a catch up mechanic for casuals?

Reply #9
I've said it before - meditation should work 18h per day. It wouldn't incentivize people to log off (let's be real, very few have more than 6h available for actual playing, and even fewer actually would play that much).

Also, there's way too many skills that are still very hard to level by actual playing. That needs to change as soon as is convenient to spend dev time on it.

Reply #10
PH made most of us level up our characters for an hour a day only. Any leveling up outside of PH feels so bad now that it feels like a waste of time.
Other mechanic that helps us level up our characters is meditation.

When you reach cap in med - and it's not hard to do - and you have done your PH there is nothing else "enjoyable" that you could do for your char development so you log off (to use meditation).

Considering that there is not much to do other than working on your char (lack of content) this makes people log off - a side effect I guess of these two mechanics combined with lack of content. World feels empty. Because it is.

Suggestion - @Ub3rgames give us more content/reasons to stay in the game. :)
  • Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:35:04 am by wildNothing

Reply #11

How's that a catch up mechanic for casuals?

Well, it essentially doubles up your playtime with pure skill gain. It is still a catchup tool. New players will most likely be playing as much as they can, and it gives incentive to do so, vets who are just using it anyway, will be forced to actually spend some time in game as well. It is a way to work without using it as the only function of the game.

Reply #12
Idea of "catch up" is to close the distance to nolifers (you can never reach them, but you can try to close the distance).
If you can only meditate as much as you played - it just rewards nolifers.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
No problem, I'll just leave my char running into a wall for the night.

Welcome to 2009.

Reply #14
No problem, I'll just leave my char running into a wall for the night.

Welcome to 2009.
n00b
swimming is where the gains are were